Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost wish for a fellow female plane spotter. Then at least there would be one topic for conversation that i wouldn't have to feign interest in.

You must hate me.

Kat's also the cool kind of person who I can tell if I don't give the first shit about something else she's interested in and she won't be offended in the slightest.

:laugh:

I don't find it the be-all and end-all. I can handle not being master of my own domain until i find someone i can stand.

I almost wish for a fellow female plane spotter. Then at least there would be one topic for conversation that i wouldn't have to feign interest in.

Or perhaps i should look outside the vapid communications girls.

female plane spotter?

WHAT
THE
HELL?

You know what's irritating?

American AFL fans. Especially on Austadiums. One guy is there who constantly wants to compare the AFL and the NRL on all sorts of stupid criteria. Indigenous players? Barely counts, because for the NRL you'd have to include Maori and Pacific Island players. Proclaiming the AFL as having the cheapest season ticket prices, only to be rebutted seconds later by me.

We're such elitist bastards over there, it really isn't going down well.

what used to get you down? not getting any?

and yeah dig all you want i am well known for oversharing about sex in these parts...you might be better off to search back for the word "overshare" and read stuff as i should get to work soon

i actually had very little luck with bf's in hs, until the last year i had a bunch of guys (5!) interested but never ended up really dating any of them. i dated two guy for two summers at camp before 9th and 10th grade, but that was a month and not much happens at camp when you're not a counselor. but, i've always been fine with hookups, so i got some experience in high school that way at parties and on a trip abroad. i've basically always had an active sex drive. got to college and man are the parties easy to hook up at, i was like a 52 and virgin purity score wise when i got here.

now i'm a 23, i'm not gonna tell you how slutty i am (aka my "number") but it's up there. dated a guy for 1.5 years that i ended last april and went into high "rebound" phase that i then realized wasn't a phase, if i can get some with a hot enough man i'm game.

and beginning of april started dating my boyfriend which totally shocked me cause i was completely into being free to hook up until graduation (i wanted to date but not get serious because it'd have to be short), but it's been great cause the sex is amazing and steady and the emotional part of it is really great, didn't know that i wanted to deal with it but i'm so glad now. except we break up tuesday when he leaves and i graduate and we go our separate ways. it really sucks as he's great and i feel like we could have had a great time together for longer. but, i don't think we're compatible in the long term (i learned fromt he 1.5 year ex that just because you have strong feelings/love doesn't mean that you can make a life together, which the 1.5year guy wanted :yikes: i was super vulnerable and ok with it at first but it slowly scared me away). but, it still sucks. cause we'd have been great for more of the medium term.

yeah, and it still does, mostly cos a lot of mates are living the lives i want to live. but it doesnt bother me *as much* any more because i try to think it could be worse, hey im a decent bloke, my dad found someone....

thats pretty extensive! might look back at some of your other work :wink: i think it has a bit to do with the society i live in as well. congrats though, on all those conquests. :applaud:

basically my goal is to have a wife and kids.

The latter. Parties sound godawful.

each to their own i spose. and ian says it doesnt bother him a great deal, and i envy those peiople in some ways cos as long as your happy....

definately go out get pissd and try mate !

fuck staying home.

im in the postion of staying home so i dont get myself into trouble !!!!!!!!!! trying to be good :wink:

this is where i differ a bit i reckon, because believe me i am DEFINITELY willing to go out and get pissed and try.

:up:

Yeah, Danny, I was like that in high school too.

I watched Control today.

yeah?? and you have a girlfriend at the moment if i remember correctly?

is that a good movive? do you need any joy divison knowledge to see it?

You must hate me.

Kat's also the cool kind of person who I can tell if I don't give the first shit about something else she's interested in and she won't be offended in the slightest.

Marry her.

I'm stuck with talking about something, and it goes a bit like this:

"This is boring"

"What did you think about Idol last night?"

"I don't give a shit"

"You could at least play along!"

I haven't had an exact exchange like that, but that's the idea.

The ones like Ax described are already going out with someone.

Meh.

American AFL fans. Especially on Austadiums. One guy is there who constantly wants to compare the AFL and the NRL on all sorts of stupid criteria. Indigenous players? Barely counts, because for the NRL you'd have to include Maori and Pacific Island players. Proclaiming the AFL as having the cheapest season ticket prices, only to be rebutted seconds later by me.

Just the idea of American AFL fans makes me laugh.

yeah?? and you have a girlfriend at the moment if i remember correctly?

is that a good movive? do you need any joy divison knowledge to see it?

Only for the past eight or nine years. *laughs*

But no, I had a point where I just could not talk to girls at all (aside from the aforementioned), which I still have a problem with actually (just ask Zoe *laughs*)

I didn't know they existed :confused:

Also, don't get hung up on the shit you missed. I'd be a great match with one of my friends - and people have commented on it - but it's pretty much past there stage where anything could happen without it being weird on account of how long we've been friends.

I'd say it was easily a missed chance, but why waste time worrying about it?

Or perhaps i should look outside the vapid communications girls.

probably this is a good start

I have come to accept that I have several strong obsessions (u2, red sox/baseball/football to a lesser extent, politics) plus lifestyle things that are essential (traveling in a certain way - backpackingish and 3rd world coutnries, wanting to live abroad, spicey interesting food, the way i spend money) and i'm going to never find someone who fits exactly (duh). so i'd rather find someone who shares my lifestyle and is smart enough to hold an intelligent conversation, even if they have different passions. it is after all good to have space and pursue things separately and both be comfortable with that (ahem 1.5year ex).

but that's a kind of long term outlook, short term i'm looking for fun so shared interests are more important.

you soooo should get with her ax!

I don't want things to get in the way of friendship, though. And I don't think I'm really in the mental spot for a relationship right now. Too cynical about all that shit.

Only for the past eight or nine years. *laughs*

But no, I had a point where I just could not talk to girls at all (aside from the aforementioned), which I still have a problem with actually (just ask Zoe *laughs*)

Good as man!!! congratulations.

yeah like i say i think what used to get me down was that all my mates were/are living the life i want(ed) to.

shall i talk about my first hook up?

I don't want things to get in the way of friendship, though.

this has been a bit of a think for me too actually... i have noticed i tend to make friends and well, be happy with that i spose.

like theres a few im great friends with and would not want to lose a friendship.

the devil inside me keeps saying 'grow balls' :lol:

yeah i was never confident at like 15, 16, not being the best looking guy ever, but definitely far moer confident now than i was a few years ago, like i go up and talk to plenty of people at parties and stuff, not afraid to make moves, just not getting anywhere at the minute.

thats good to hear :lol: happy theres others in the same boat. when i used to see a counsellor she said that as well. ill be 18 soon, able to go out more, and braces will be off in a few months as well.

thanks haha

:yes:

what feels better?

going to a party, trying but perhaps failing or sitting at home going "oh ill do some homework cos nothing will happen"

this is the attitude im trying to adopt.

gotta be in it to win it.

i think you've got the right attitude then - put yourself out there, be confident and friendly, and it's bound to happen. so long as you aren't actually creepy, but if you were you probably wouldn't know it! :lol:

braces off will help. lookking older, and looking better def. help, sad truths. you can do something about it to a limited extent - you can't change the way you look too much but guys who lift = good. (imo...apparently there are girls who like skinny skeletal emo guys, :puke: you better be bigger than me in your arm and thigh circumference or i will NOT feel sexy around you)

at the same time there's definitely more effective ways to flirt with and pick up girls. i had a long long convo with elmel about it over aim, i dunno if he'd want me to forward it to you but i'd be willing (i fwd'd it to peefan).

Also, don't get hung up on the shit you missed. I'd be a great match with one of my friends - and people have commented on it - but it's pretty much past there stage where anything could happen without it being weird on account of how long we've been friends.

I'd say it was easily a missed chance, but why waste time worrying about it?

Yeah, I think there are things I should've done differently at high school, but I was cripplingly shy and aloof - hell, what's changed? But no point thinking "shit, I should've done things differently, man I suck". Honestly, I just wish I'd at least made friends with a few people who I knew were really wonderful individuals and I regret that I don't know them any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom