Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #946
The Male

Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
lol, don't feel bad. i don't think i'm going to be able to repeat what happened to me this time. it was a fluke.
You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #947
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
After how shitty I did in DI4 I'm not bragging ever again. In fact, I'll do the opposite. My list is an absolute joke and has no atmosphere, flow, or quality songs. I won't even get a single vote.
I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #948
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

How about October --> Mofo --> Africa speech/4th Of July --> Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / One / Stories For Boys (snippet)?
I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #949
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.
you haven't seen how my list looks so far

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #950
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #951
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.
I LOVE that Larry DI list.

I also think the idea of October --> Mofo is hysterical and I'd love to talk a U2 tribute band into playing it. Might just prove tribute bands really are the enemies of art though.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 AM   #952
The Male

Quote:
I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?
I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #953
Vocal parasite

Quote:
btw dr. dr unless i drastically change my playlist, you're going to hate it
Oh joy!

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #954
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.
Pretty sure that's how Pedokiss went about it in the first DI.

Now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #955
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Pretty sure that's how Pedokiss went about it in the first DI.
that's hilarious! too bad i missed that.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #956
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.
I'm particularly surprised because I thought your list would be rather popular and go down well. I suppose you were a victim of a tough group, and probably would've reached the finals in any other group.

And cool, good to hear it's still on the table.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #957
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Oh joy!

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.
you do make an appearance on my playlist though!

i'm not sure about that. sicy's said she doesn't see the need for any tags, but i'll ask her if at least one of those would be acceptable, as long as those are the only tags.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #958
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post

When Ali, the Maj., and I finally get together to play as Phail, that's totally how we should design our setlists.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #959
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #960
The Male

Quote:
you haven't seen how my list looks so far

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.
No, it really doesn't matter, and it's a crying shame that newcomers are intimidated by the concepts, thinking the exact opposite about them than we do. Honestly, they're not a big deal. It's just a fun add-on if you have one.

But seriously, I went all-out with the second half of my new list. The lyrics even match the concept, as does the music. It's the best thing I've ever done.

Now.

Tags
superthread