Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #946
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
lol, don't feel bad. i don't think i'm going to be able to repeat what happened to me this time. it was a fluke.
You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 AM   #947
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
After how shitty I did in DI4 I'm not bragging ever again. In fact, I'll do the opposite. My list is an absolute joke and has no atmosphere, flow, or quality songs. I won't even get a single vote.
I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #948
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


How about October --> Mofo --> Africa speech/4th Of July --> Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / One / Stories For Boys (snippet)?
I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #949
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
You tend to do pretty well. I tend to find embarrassing ways to fail no matter how good the list is.

This time I just said "fuck it" and mailed it in. The first half is just a bunch of fun songs, and the other half is a concept album about dreams, insanity, sickness, and, ultimately, death. The contrast is hilarious.
you haven't seen how my list looks so far

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #950
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 02:17 PM
you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #951
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I can't top that. Worst transitioning since that Larry Mullen DI list we came up with.
I LOVE that Larry DI list.

I also think the idea of October --> Mofo is hysterical and I'd love to talk a U2 tribute band into playing it. Might just prove tribute bands really are the enemies of art though.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 AM   #952
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I really don't get how you didn't make the finals in DI IV. I liked your list more than I expected I would, partly because of how well you put it together.

And what's happening with the Fake List?
I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #953
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
btw dr. dr unless i drastically change my playlist, you're going to hate it
Oh joy!

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 AM   #954
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.
Pretty sure that's how Pedokiss went about it in the first DI.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #955
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Pretty sure that's how Pedokiss went about it in the first DI.
that's hilarious! too bad i missed that.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #956
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I absolutely loved that list and was extremely disappointed with what occurred. It's ultimately not up to me, but I spent months on that thing. It's hard not to get disappointed when you invest all that time and nothing comes of it. I want to see what happens when I do the opposite. It would be hilarious if I won this time after spending hardly any time on my list.

The Fake List is very much alive and kicking. Frankly, I overexposed it and want people to forget about it for a while. It will certainly happen, and I'm excited about it.
I'm particularly surprised because I thought your list would be rather popular and go down well. I suppose you were a victim of a tough group, and probably would've reached the finals in any other group.

And cool, good to hear it's still on the table.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #957
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh joy!

Hey, serious question time, Khan. I know we've had our tags on these threads deleted in the past, but can we at least use postwhorehouse and superthread? Before they were deleted, I found them to be a handy and quick way to go back to the old threads. I think they have quite a legitimate use to group the postwhorehouse's threads.
you do make an appearance on my playlist though!

i'm not sure about that. sicy's said she doesn't see the need for any tags, but i'll ask her if at least one of those would be acceptable, as long as those are the only tags.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #958
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,054
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
you guys should do transitions like the song title game; using the last letter of the first song for the first letter of the next song.


When Ali, the Maj., and I finally get together to play as Phail, that's totally how we should design our setlists.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #959
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:47 AM
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #960
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
you haven't seen how my list looks so far

i know what you mean. i had a concept too, and i didn't even bother posting it or the story i'd developed. it just goes to show...that shit doesn't really matter to the average poster.
No, it really doesn't matter, and it's a crying shame that newcomers are intimidated by the concepts, thinking the exact opposite about them than we do. Honestly, they're not a big deal. It's just a fun add-on if you have one.

But seriously, I went all-out with the second half of my new list. The lyrics even match the concept, as does the music. It's the best thing I've ever done.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com