Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #916
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
FINE.

your first paragraph in the previous post reminded me of screwtape's "i know i'm right" stuff from yesterday. but i'm not making fun of him, it was just an observation


Fair call, and it's not something I'd normally do. It's just because I'm sick of all the DI "why is/isn't this here?" bullshit that always goes on, and I expect a Live Survivor would bring even more of that out of the woodwork than usual. Arguing about that really can make the game really unenjoyable to run, so my simple solution is that once it starts, that's that and any objections will be outright ignored.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #917
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
ps mozerella and lemon and lentil pizza ftl bonnie

and i lvoe fucking lentils

i am eating honey roasted pieanuts now tho, so iwill be htirsty and drink water
lentils are the best food ever! you can make so many dishes with them.

except i fucking love lentils, not love fucking them
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #918
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'll slither away now.


Coming up with band names that aren't parodies isn't my thing. I still love the Monolithic Eyeball Of The Silmarillion though.


my ex had come up with one he said he'd use if he was ever in a band: edible portion abortion
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #919
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post


Fair call, and it's not something I'd normally do. It's just because I'm sick of all the DI "why is/isn't this here?" bullshit that always goes on, and I expect a Live Survivor would bring even more of that out of the woodwork than usual. Arguing about that really can make the game really unenjoyable to run, so my simple solution is that once it starts, that's that and any objections will be outright ignored.
oh no, i know what you mean. people ALWAYS bitch. i mean, when you get to atyclb/htdaab, you get the inevitable "OMG WHERE'S TGBHF/FAST CARS" shit. even though had they paid attention, it was stated it'd be in a b-sides round or whatever it's being called for that particular time. i don't think we've ever included it with the album since 1. bonus tracks mess up flow 2. more countries didn't have these tracks than did
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #920
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
jesus christ my foot hurts. so much for being "pain free by tomorrow (friday - which was yesterday)!"
are you working on monday? if not, i think you and i should do a drunk date again. Vazza's drunk posting is taking me back to our good times. I don't remember what I did, but I know you licked your spacebar. We should all drunk post some day
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #921
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'll slither away now.


Coming up with band names that aren't parodies isn't my thing. I still love the Monolithic Eyeball Of The Silmarillion though.
Dude, I want Monolithic Eyeball Of The Silmarillion to support my band! That'd be awesome.

And then once all the bands have played and people are about to go home because they think the show's over, the Maj., Ali, myself, and whatever other people we can rope in on the night will come storming out onto the stage and Phail will play a rockin' phailure of a U2 covers set to close the night!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 AM   #922
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
are you working on monday? if not, i think you and i should do a drunk date again. Vazza's drunk posting is taking me back to our good times. I don't remember what I did, but I know you licked your spacebar. We should all drunk post some day
yes my off days are thursday/friday
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:07 AM   #923
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Dude, I want Monolithic Eyeball Of The Silmarillion to support my band! That'd be awesome.

And then once all the bands have played and people are about to go home because they think the show's over, the Maj., Ali, myself, and whatever other people we can rope in on the night will come storming out onto the stage and Phail will play a rockin' phailure of a U2 covers set to close the night!
Please, please snippet First Breath After Coma.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #924
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Dude, I want Monolithic Eyeball Of The Silmarillion to support my band! That'd be awesome.

And then once all the bands have played and people are about to go home because they think the show's over, the Maj., Ali, myself, and whatever other people we can rope in on the night will come storming out onto the stage and Phail will play a rockin' phailure of a U2 covers set to close the night!
I think we have the best concert ever on our hands.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #925
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
oh no, i know what you mean. people ALWAYS bitch. i mean, when you get to atyclb/htdaab, you get the inevitable "OMG WHERE'S TGBHF/FAST CARS" shit. even though had they paid attention, it was stated it'd be in a b-sides round or whatever it's being called for that particular time. i don't think we've ever included it with the album since 1. bonus tracks mess up flow 2. more countries didn't have these tracks than did
And now we've got the "why is The Fly here?" crowd, which is aggravating me because we've already stated that we're going by regular pressings, not special editions in the UK or wherever. If we did that, One Tree Hill would be out too thanks to Japan having it on its edition of the Best Of 1980-1990!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #926
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
yes my off days are thursday/friday
damn it
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #927
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Please, please snippet First Breath After Coma.
How about First Breath After Coma (snippet) / Mofo?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #928
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:09 PM
wait wtmotherfuckingf asoh lost and now oth is losing? fuck this interference bullshit. zooropa?????
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #929
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
And now we've got the "why is The Fly here?" crowd, which is aggravating me because we've already stated that we're going by regular pressings, not special editions in the UK or wherever. If we did that, One Tree Hill would be out too thanks to Japan having it on its edition of the Best Of 1980-1990!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #930
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 01:09 PM
Why do Axver and DOL have a + next to their names in the Currently Active Users viewing this thread? Cause they're "buddies" of mine?
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com