Hooker, Oklahoma Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all about spoilers.

But when you run a setlist website, you really have to be. Spoilers galore!

I am funny - I am all about album spoilers but last tour, I went off interference after the album drop and got back to it right after I saw my first show. Not to avoid setlist spoilers but just cause I wasn't hooked. But I loved the surprise that came with seeing them for the first time and not knowing what they were gonna play. (Part of it was seeing htem for the first time, period.)

So I think I'm going to try to avoid setlist spoilers and just buy up all the tickets I possibly can and then after my first show is a delightful amazing surprise I'll go analyze/get you to analyze what they've been doing, so I'm still up on the trends.

But I dunno why I feel differently about the album. I guess it's new music gimme gimme throw me a bone boys but once i've heard the album and have it to tide me over, I ultimately believe they are just best live so I want to have that live experience the first time through.

Go fuck a blow-up potato or something.

513.JPG

Inflatable pig with a rear entry.

I am funny - I am all about album spoilers but last tour, I went off interference after the album drop and got back to it right after I saw my first show. Not to avoid setlist spoilers but just cause I wasn't hooked. But I loved the surprise that came with seeing them for the first time and not knowing what they were gonna play. (Part of it was seeing htem for the first time, period.)

So I think I'm going to try to avoid setlist spoilers and just buy up all the tickets I possibly can and then after my first show is a delightful amazing surprise I'll go analyze/get you to analyze what they've been doing, so I'm still up on the trends.

But I dunno why I feel differently about the album. I guess it's new music gimme gimme throw me a bone boys but once i've heard the album and have it to tide me over, I ultimately believe they are just best live so I want to have that live experience the first time through.

I admit, I'd enjoy surprises live. But here's the thing: even if I went to the very first show, I would still know what they've been rehearsing. So the surprise element wouldn't really be there anyway. Like when Gloria debuted on 30/03/05, I knew it was coming.

As for the album, after four years of no new music, I can entirely understand wanting some news, any news, any news at all.

I love how a poster I saw for a gig recently proclaimed that it was the band's "FIRST SHOW IN A YEAR!" as if that was a really long time to be off ...

When things were starting to fall apart but before they went totally to shit, she did ask me not to say anything about what we did. Now, any trust agreements between us are now null and void of course, and already what I've divulged on these threads would break that agreement, but I'm still hesitant.

Plus, coming from me, it all sounds kind of silly anyway.

You can't get to be a 74 with just your hand unless you do drugs. Even if you use a sheep, that's still only 1 point.

I admit, I'd enjoy surprises live. But here's the thing: even if I went to the very first show, I would still know what they've been rehearsing. So the surprise element wouldn't really be there anyway. Like when Gloria debuted on 30/03/05, I knew it was coming.

As for the album, after four years of no new music, I can entirely understand wanting some news, any news, any news at all.

I love how a poster I saw for a gig recently proclaimed that it was the band's "FIRST SHOW IN A YEAR!" as if that was a really long time to be off ...

I'll pay attention after I see one show, so subsequent debuts wouldn't be a surprise if they'd rehearsed them and I'd heard.

On the other hand, I'm thinking that maybe I do wanna know what the standard set is, because when you KNOW you are hearing something rare, you go apeshit with joy. So if they play TUF (e.g.) for the first time on the tour at my show and I didn't realize how special it was...that'd suck. Or if I went off my rocker heart attack apeshit cause they played TUF...and and it turns out they play it every other night and I'm gonna see it 10 more times....

You can't get to be a 74 with just your hand unless you do drugs. Even if you use a sheep, that's still only 1 point.

72, not 74.

If I may say so myself, I was damn good at bringing her to orgasm just the way she liked it.

I'll pay attention after I see one show, so subsequent debuts wouldn't be a surprise if they'd rehearsed them and I'd heard.

On the other hand, I'm thinking that maybe I do wanna know what the standard set is, because when you KNOW you are hearing something rare, you go apeshit with joy. So if they play TUF (e.g.) for the first time on the tour at my show and I didn't realize how special it was...that'd suck. Or if I went off my rocker heart attack apeshit cause they played TUF...and and it turns out they play it every other night and I'm gonna see it 10 more times....

I knew Gloria was going to be played before the first show. I knew a week before it debuted that they were rehearsing it. When it wasn't played on opening night, I immediately called it for the second show, and there it was. TEC/Gloria was a good combo too; wish they'd done it again.

Heh, yeah, that's a good point. That's why it's good to go to the first show - then all the rare returns are worthy of exictement even if they go on to become permanent fixtures.

:shocked:

:shocked:

:scream:

yeah it does sound funny coming from you!

god would not approve

:hi5:

:lmao:

Now where's Jen to join in on the shock? I remember her response when I made a remark about how I frankly enjoy pleasuring the girl more than I enjoy her giving me pleasure (though this may have had something to do with Kate not being terribly good). :laugh:

Heh, yeah, that's a good point. That's why it's good to go to the first show - then all the rare returns are worthy of exictement even if they go on to become permanent fixtures.

so true. the early shows are cool like that but they are also not the best on the tour as they are still ironing stuff out. if they start in europe i will sooooo be there, and maybe catch some of the us during the summer, but if they tour the us first i'm not seeing them til the europe leg.

:lmao:

Now where's Jen to join in on the shock? I remember her response when I made a remark about how I frankly enjoy pleasuring the girl more than I enjoy her giving me pleasure (though this may have had something to do with Kate not being terribly good). :laugh:

yeah that probably had something to do with it. if you don't enjoy it, it could be...

1) you are gay and she's got the wrong parts and looks to pleasure you (but you enjoy pleasuring her, so this is not true)

2) she sucks

3) you feel guilty about it for some reason (religion i'm looking at you)

4) you really really like to be good at something so the triumph of succeeding at bringing the illusive female orgasm is satisfying

or some combo

so true. the early shows are cool like that but they are also not the best on the tour as they are still ironing stuff out. if they start in europe i will sooooo be there, and maybe catch some of the us during the summer, but if they tour the us first i'm not seeing them til the europe leg.

I think that the middle and end of the first leg is usually the best. Setlist diversity tends to be stronger, more rare songs are there, and they've by that time ironed out the bugs. That's why the Boston gigs ruled so fucking much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom