Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Steven Wilson thinks it's a well-written song. He likes to release these cover songs with absolutely no notes indicating WHAT he is covering, since he knows his fanbase is largely prog snobs who'd never listen if they knew he was covering Alanis or whoever. He just wants to showcase songs he thinks are examples of good songwriting, and Thank U is one that he covered, then played live when Blackfield last toured.

I like that he altered some lyric about ... luminescent carrots? or something really ridiculous like that to "changing a line because it don't make sense".
:lol: ugh, i hate that song. and not just because alanis is naked in the video. which is something no one should be subjected to.

You're too predictable, Khan. :tsk: :wink:
:wink:

I REALLY don't care for most of the touchy-feely female artists of the 90's. Fiona Apple is an exception, and I liked Sheryl Crow's self-titled. I think that's all. Everyone else is boring, screechy, or pretentious to me.

I'm just going to agree here that Matchbox Twenty's first two albums were a lot better than anything that came afterward.

Though I think I prefer the second album to the first.

I was just about to tell you on MSN that you needed to come defend your band's honor, but I see you're not going to do that :tsk:

I'm just going to agree here that Matchbox Twenty's first two albums were a lot better than anything that came afterward.

Though I think I prefer the second album to the first.

See I love the first album, kinda, the second album is okay...a few good songs : Rest Stop, You Won't Be Mine, If You're Gone, Black & White People....the third album is possibly my favorite. and the latest, for the 6 new songs...I like 'em!

I REALLY don't care for most of the touchy-feely female artists of the 90's. Fiona Apple is an exception, and I liked Sheryl Crow's self-titled. I think that's all. Everyone else is boring, screechy, or pretentious to me.

That's okay there doesn't seem to be that much love for most female artists here. Maybe U2 doesn't attract the same types of fans. :shrug:

Aimee Mann's got her share of good stuff. I like her work on the Magnolia soundtrack.

Screwy, good on you for the Wrath of Khan quote.

:lol::lol::lol:
they're playing "Boom Boom boom lets go back to my room, so we can do it ll night" on the telly

OH GOD. I remember that from the late nineties. My friend in New Zealand worshipped it. I told him he was an idiot and that he needed to listen to these songs called Pride and Bad on this CD I had called the Best Of 1980-1990 ...

i like fiona and sheryl. well, i USED to like sheryl. the last album i got of hers was cmon, cmon which was...bad. her previous work i like.

oh btw, i saw her live once and she suuuuuucked. although she's apparently great live :shrug: i guess it was an off night for her when i saw her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom