Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: hi folks, are we bagging people, yayy.

I dance around to the Spice Girls like there's no tomorrow. Only in my lounge-room though. that doesn't make me a loser does it. . . . . .

There's a Spice Girls song on the current cd at work, and I'm not going to lie, we've been GREATLY enjoying it if there's no customers in the store

:wave: hi folks, are we bagging people, yayy.

I dance around to the Spice Girls like there's no tomorrow. Only in my lounge-room though. that doesn't make me a loser does it. . . . . .

You do such a good job making me look like a nerd. See, here I am, rocking out to some music from Mali. I could totally dance around the lounge to this. :laugh:

:lmao:

Actually, I don't hate Matchbox Twenty as much as I should.
i have matchbox twenty's first two albums. after that, i thought they got a little too adult contemporary. their first album is pretty good, though i haven't listened to it in ages.

I :heart:ed Jagged Little Pill when I was 18 but not so much now, it's even slightly annoying
hehe, same here. although i was 12 :ohmy: that album summed up my angstiness to a t. but now that i'm not all brooding and shit, it's like ehh, whatever.

Who's the obnoxious female singer who did Thank U?

Because Blackfield's live cover of that is amazing.

i have matchbox twenty's first two albums. after that, i thought they got a little too adult contemporary. their first album is pretty good, though i haven't listened to it in ages.

hehe, same here. although i was 12 :ohmy: that album summed up my angstiness to a t. but now that i'm not all brooding and shit, it's like ehh, whatever.

oh did I say 18. . . . I meant 12 too :shifty:

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Tellmewhatchawant what yareallyreallywant!

Is it 1997 again? :reject:

Oh No, it's not that song it's

STOP RIGHT NOW
Thank you very much
I need somebody with a human tu-ouch
hey you
Always on the run
Gotta Slow it down baby
Gotta have some fuuun

:rockon:

I'm going to say this very quietly.

I own Matchbox Twenty's first album and loved it back when I was eleven. Honestly, I'd probably still enjoy some of the songs. I also own the second album but never really enjoyed it much even back when it was new and now it just gathers dust. I agree that everything from then on is too adult contemporary.

:shh: :shh:

all their songs sound really similar but I sometimes like them, sometimes can't stand them.:|

I really really really like some songs by them (3 Am, Push, Real World, Mad Season) but most of the rest is pretty meh, specially their newer single

I own Matchbox Twenty's first album and loved it back when I was eleven. Honestly, I'd probably still enjoy some of the songs. I also own the second album but never really enjoyed it much even back when it was new and now it just gathers dust. I agree that everything from then on is too adult contemporary.

OMG!!!! :lol:

Never had a particular problem with Matchbox 20. I can think of 20 bands that are exactly like them but slightly worse.

:lol: Drunk posting!

Apparently Steven Wilson thinks it's a well-written song. He likes to release these cover songs with absolutely no notes indicating WHAT he is covering, since he knows his fanbase is largely prog snobs who'd never listen if they knew he was covering Alanis or whoever. He just wants to showcase songs he thinks are examples of good songwriting, and Thank U is one that he covered, then played live when Blackfield last toured.

I like that he altered some lyric about ... luminescent carrots? or something really ridiculous like that to "changing a line because it don't make sense".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom