Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Dawn Fades is pretty good, but it's not my favorite so far :wink: that would be Disorder

Yeah, New Dawn Fades didn't go straight to the top of my rankings or anything. She's Lost Control was my favourite, with Disorder a close second. I now rank all three songs as essentially level.

Yeah, New Dawn Fades didn't go straight to the top of my rankings or anything. She's Lost Control was my favourite, with Disorder a close second. I now rank all three songs as essentially level.

I can't decide if I liked She's Lost Control. I liked the music, but it was a TAD repetitive

So, I just randomly had inspiration for a new DI playlist. It's not going to replace my current DI V list, but I'll certainly be considering it for DI VI if it holds up over time.

I proclaim these three scenes the funniest moments in history of television:

1. Day Man from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
YouTube - DAY MAN

2. The Germans from Fawlty Towers
YouTube - Fawlty Towers | Germans

3. The Homicidal Barber and Lumberjack Song from Monty Python
YouTube - Monty Python - Lumberjack Song

I'll watch the other two later, but I don't know about number 3. I'm quite fond of the Dead Parrot myself, as well as pretty much every other sketch in that episode...God what an episode that was.

I'll watch the other two later, but I don't know about number 3. I'm quite fond of the Dead Parrot myself, as well as pretty much every other sketch in that episode...God what an episode that was.

Yeah, I'd take the Dead Parrot over the Lumberjack Song any day.

So, I just randomly had inspiration for a new DI playlist. It's not going to replace my current DI V list, but I'll certainly be considering it for DI VI if it holds up over time.

GAH! It was bad enough that everyone seems to be done with there DI5 lists and I haven't even started, but now people have moved on to DI6!

:laugh: Some of us are just tracklisting freaks. :wink:

yeah yeah yeah :p

Finished Unknown Pleasures, now onto Closer, though I'm gonna say now, I don't really see Joy Division becoming one of my favorite bands ever. I like Love Will Tear Us Apart, and Atmosphere is one of my favorite songs, but, eh

I generally tend to think Closer is over-hyped. I have a tendency to just play Atrocity Exhibition and Twenty Four Hours before going on to Unknown Pleasures.

I'm pretty set to go with my DI 5 now. Have the tracklist, the cover art, and the concept. Just have to upload it all.

Damn, when you've done DI so much, it's hard to avoid re-using artists.

All I know about my next playlist is that it will be about Emma and will be quite happy. :)

My DI V list will be the most uplifting I've done. My current DI VI idea is more a return to normality, though it's more socio-political. I'm tempted to mindfuck everyone by including Writing On The Wall, a song by an early eighties Kiwi DIY anarcho-punk band called Riot 111. Their main claim to fame is that when TVNZ refused to play the music video for Writing On The Wall due to the song's absolutely shit sound quality, they protested by setting up outside TVNZ's studios in the Hutt Valley and played a very noisy gig.

The more I think about DIV the more I think maybe I don't want to do it. I mean I love it, but the game has gotten beyond serious these days. If you don't create a perfect soundscape of music then most people immediately discredit your list. Last time I got to the point where I put a few tracks on the list I didn't even like , just to appease.

:sigh: I don't know, I just know I'll end up doing it anyways, because it is a lot of fun

urghghghg

Screwtape, do you thinkit will be a big deal if one of the songs on my list is from 1987? (referring to Retro Island)

The more I think about DIV the more I think maybe I don't want to do it. I mean I love it, but the game has gotten beyond serious these days. If you don't create a perfect soundscape of music then most people immediately discredit your list. Last time I got to the point where I put a few tracks on the list I didn't even like , just to appease.

:sigh: I don't know, I just know I'll end up doing it anyways, because it is a lot of fun

What shits me off is how closed-minded most of this forum is. OH NOEZ TEH METUL. God, the way some people carry on, you'd think Britney Spears just raped their dog. I've returned to my rule of no metal, which makes my current idea a bit more difficult as I've plenty of metal that would suit it well. Might at least be able to fit in some lighter doom metal, since the traditional stuff has clean vocals.

Ah well, if I can at least challenge some people and push them beyond B&C's bland pop-rock/indie wanker bounds, then I'm happy.

urghghghg

Screwtape, do you thinkit will be a big deal if one of the songs on my list is from 1987? (referring to Retro Island)

I'm not the right person to ask but Phanan is pretty strict about this so I don't he would like that.

Personally I just want to make a playlist of the best of the late 70's and early 80's. It would sort of show that there was more than New Wave and Punk at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom