Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LM, believe it or not, the very first forum I ever registered on was a Simpsons forum. Not sure what one now! This was back in 2002, the week I first got the Internet. I didn't even understand how messageboards worked, so I asked my friend to explain it to me and he said it was too difficult and I shouldn't waste my time on messageboards anyway. So I never actually posted and it wasn't until about another month or two later that I registered at another forum and figured out my friend was wrong on the dfficulty count. Whether I shouldn't waste my time on messageboards, however ...

The one I go to is No Homers Club. It has been referenced in the DVD commentaries in the past, and executive producers Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein have posted there on numerous occasions. It's a cool place to be but, again, the people are a mixed bag. The moderating is good though, better than here, I would say.

Oh god, my computer is going so slow, words cannot describe it. It's taken me this long just to be able to see my last post appear. I, uh, think I better restart this piece of junk.

Morning All :wave:

Hey Ax, East Link just opened today....and the police have already made their first Speeding Fine!.....Some 18 year old doing 135km/h in a 100 Zone :lol:

:lmao:

Wow, how dumb can you be? On the road's first day, of course they're going to be watching it like hawks!

like what?

That he "meant to have them as two paragraphs." The phrasing doesn't make sense split up. It only makes sense together. And it's clear what his intent was anyway. He's just going way out of his way to not look dumb, and has made it worse.

That he "meant to have them as two paragraphs." The phrasing doesn't make sense split up. It only makes sense together. And it's clear what his intent was anyway. He's just going way out of his way to not look dumb, and has made it worse.

OH that, yeah. I mean, generally, I don't mind Rob, but the way he's acting right now is just plain immature. why can't people on this board discuss :sigh: :lol:

Hurrah, slow as hell computer is not quite slow as hell after restarting it. Shame it for some reason didn't offer to restore my old Firefox tabs, but I can live.

The one I go to is No Homers Club. It has been referenced in the DVD commentaries in the past, and executive producers Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein have posted there on numerous occasions. It's a cool place to be but, again, the people are a mixed bag. The moderating is good though, better than here, I would say.

Ah, yeah, I remember poking around there in about 2003 but never registered. I think the place I joined was just some minor forum. No idea why I even chose it. It was back before I'd even thought of using Axver as a screen name. I registered as Axver at the second forum I used (first I actually posted at) and the rest is history.

There are things I want to say, but I just don't want to get involved in that thread. Mostly, I just want to know if he's ever admitted he's wrong before.

There are things I want to say, but I just don't want to get involved in that thread. Mostly, I just want to know if he's ever admitted he's wrong before.

I have feeling he hasn't. I point blank asked him to stop the madness and just stop saying Coldplay is ripping off U2. He of course just left this :sigh: and ignored it. Even for as stubborn as I can often be I admit at some point I was in the wrong, accept someone else's point of view or just plain let it go.

I have feeling he hasn't. I point blank asked him to stop the madness and just stop saying Coldplay is ripping off U2. He of course just left this :sigh: and ignored it. Even for as stubborn as I can often be I admit at some point I was in the wrong, accept someone else's point of view or just plain let it go.

Yeah. I'm a stubborn bastard, I'm sure you all know that, but his behaviour is beyond stubborn. I don't even know how to describe it. But I can't help stickybeaking at the trainwreck.

In comparison, I probably look like I love One. :lol:

Anyone have any idea how old Rob is? Just curious (and if you say 33 I will smack you :p)

====================fly by posting ====================>>>

linkage to the thread you're talking about please!!!! :evil:

===================I'll be back!!=======================>>>

G'day, Ian. I'm kind of worried that I was up when you got up earlier and am up again now. My alarm isn't meant to go off for over 2 hours (I figured I didn't want to sleep past 1pm, little knowing that 9am would obnoxiously wake me). :crack:

G'day, Ian. I'm kind of worried that I was up when you got up earlier and am up again now. My alarm isn't meant to go off for over 2 hours (I figured I didn't want to sleep past 1pm, little knowing that 9am would obnoxiously wake me). :crack:

I meant to be up two hours ago at the latest. I can't believe very little light from the sun rising wouldn't let me get back to sleep, yet i can sleep with the blinding midday sun streaming in.

Unknown Pleasures first, then Closer.

Pretty awesome so far, but I'm not really liking Candidate

Yeah, Candidate is one I routinely skip. My play counts for the last ten months might give some insight:

Disorder: 46
Day Of The Lords: 22
Candidate: 15
Insight: 13
New Dawn Fades: 76

I meant to be up two hours ago at the latest. I can't believe very little light from the sun rising wouldn't let me get back to sleep, yet i can sleep with the blinding midday sun streaming in.

I find I'm fine as long as I'm already asleep. So just a little bit of light will prohibit me from getting to sleep, but if I fall asleep just before dawn, I will quite happily sleep well into the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom