Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I did like Lost(!), but God, I am tired of choruses. I used to like them, but now...grrr, especially when the name of the song is in the chorus :)rant: )

PSHHHHHH
ALKDJGA;L

Is what I say to that.

I liked every song after Yes, especially Strawberry Swing and Death and All His Friends, maybe I will download the album after all.

We disagree on this album then. :lol: The second half is much weaker for me. The title track is lyrically pretentious, Violet Hill is pretty crap, and the ending just sounds like a more boring version of Life In Technicolor.

We disagree on this album then. :lol: The second half is much weaker for me. The title track is lyrically pretentious, Violet Hill is pretty crap, and the ending just sounds like a more boring version of Life In Technicolor.

:lol: We definitely do then, cause I could see where you're coming from with Viva La Vida, I didn't really like that one so much as the rest, and Violent Hill isn't the greatest, but grrr @ you on the last two.

:lol: We definitely do then, cause I could see where you're coming from with Viva La Vida, I didn't really like that one so much as the rest, and Violent Hill isn't the greatest, but grrr @ you on the last two.

Strawberry Swing is a very nice song, if that helps. I'm working on a Desert Island list with that in the rotation.

Strawberry Swing is a very nice song, if that helps. I'm working on a Desert Island list with that in the rotation.

God, I haven't even THOUGHT about my desert island list yet. Well...that's not true. I have, but my idea is a surefire loser

Awesome, I'll listen to what I can get a hold of :lol:

Well, OK, it's 34 songs:

picturelz6.jpg

It may be a good closer. I'll see where it goes. Right now I need about another 10 songs so I can have something extra to choose from.

FUKJASD;LGKAJDF;GLAFKDJG

Hate hte white sox
hatemhatemhatemhatem

adfjg;haldfkjglasdkfjasld;fkjds;lfkj
fajdgkaldgj

ok think I got that out of my system....

Mother F8**** shit damn piss a;lksdgj

Ok feel a little better now

Hi folks. :wave:

Four hours can't be enough sleep, but I inadvertently woke up and it seems to be too light for my body to be willing to go back to sleep. :down:

I was about to ask how long you slept when I saw you were the last poster :lol:

Ax , I feel ashamed, I listened to Viva La Vida :lol:

Dear Sun,

I know other people appreciate your light and warmth. I know it's necessary for you to rise everyday, at about this time. But, just for a few hours, fuck off.

Ian.

Co-signed,
Axver

I was about to ask how long you slept when I saw you were the last poster :lol:

Ax , I feel ashamed, I listened to Viva La Vida :lol:

:laugh: on both counts.

What's Viva La Vida like? All I've gotten out of the Coldplay thread is that it's probably influenced by U2 and The Arcade Fire and Chris Martin sings about running over Rob's dog repeatedly.

So, the winds of Hurricane Carek are blowing through OOC, eh?

:laugh: on both counts.

What's Viva La Vida like? All I've gotten out of the Coldplay thread is that it's probably influenced by U2 and The Arcade Fire and Chris Martin sings about running over Rob's dog repeatedly.

Yes, that line about Rob's dog was indeed uplifting, but really, I don't get the comparisons to TUF at ALL. It was fairly well done, could definitely hear Eno on a few tracks (see: 1st track), and though elmel disagrees, I think the second half was much better then the first, but the first had it's moments. I've never heard a full Coldplay album to compare it to, but I will say ti doesn't sound much like Clocks or Speed of Sound so, nice new direction it feels like.

Yes, that line about Rob's dog was indeed uplifting, but really, I don't get the comparisons to TUF at ALL. It was fairly well done, could definitely hear Eno on a few tracks (see: 1st track), and though elmel disagrees, I think the second half was much better then the first, but the first had it's moments. I've never heard a full Coldplay album to compare it to, but I will say ti doesn't sound much like Clocks or Speed of Sound so, nice new direction it feels like.

Oh, Speed Of Sound pissed me off because it just sounded like them rehashing the basic premise of Clocks, which in turn sounded like them trying to rehash UF.

I'm not sure I'll bother listening to it since I don't like Chris Martin as a vocalist. But does it at least avoid having anything as utterly terrible as Fix You?

I'm not sure I'll bother listening to it since I don't like Chris Martin as a vocalist. But does it at least avoid having anything as utterly terrible as Fix You?

1,000 times yes.

That still doesn't mean he's brilliant on it though.

1,000 times yes.

That still doesn't mean he's brilliant on it though.

Heh. Maybe I might listen once out of curiosity then.

Also, is this little corner of the Internet a bit unique in its hatred of Fix You or something? Because to me, it's the definition of just about everything wrong with music and a reference point for future crap. But I've recently encountered some references to Fix You as a good song, apparently with no trace of irony or sarcasm. And that worries me. What the fuck, people.

Oh, Speed Of Sound pissed me off because it just sounded like them rehashing the basic premise of Clocks, which in turn sounded like them trying to rehash UF.

Honest to God, there have only been two times where I thought Coldplay was ripping off U2 . The first was a b-side (and I'm ashamed to admit I started a thread in EYKIW about it) the second was Speed of Sound, but that has a lot to do with the fact that the first time I heard it on hte radio, I swore up and down that it was a U2 song I didn't know, and only weeks later did i find out it was Coldplay

Heh. Maybe I might listen once out of curiosity then.

Also, is this little corner of the Internet a bit unique in its hatred of Fix You or something? Because to me, it's the definition of just about everything wrong with music and a reference point for future crap. But I've recently encountered some references to Fix You as a good song, apparently with no trace of irony or sarcasm. And that worries me. What the fuck, people.

I do think it's actually quite a popular song, but I've only ever heard the chorus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom