Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This cracked me up. It's from the description of one gewurztraminer:

The Gewurz’ is perfect for yum-cha brunch, with its gentle spice, rose petals and lychee notes while the Pinot Gris, with its apple blossom and cinnamon notes, begs to be drunk with roasted suckling pig.[/QUITE]

I love wine descriptions sometimes.
it cracked me up too :giggle:

Wine descriptions really bring the lulz sometimes. One bottle of Kiwi wine I bought once had this prattle on the back about how the Maori had for centuries tended the land in a way that produced fine wines ... despite the fact that grapes were not introduced to New Zealand until European settlement in the 19th century!

Wine descriptions really bring the lulz sometimes. One bottle of Kiwi wine I bought once had this prattle on the back about how the Maori had for centuries tended the land in a way that produced fine wines ... despite the fact that grapes were not introduced to New Zealand until European settlement in the 19th century!
:lmao:

pwned!

wtf. i'm filling out this pre-registration for my surgery, and they're asking the weirdest questions. place of birth, religious preference? wtf. i know some religions don't allow certain things to be done so i guess that's why that one's there. but still. just an odd thing to see.

wtf. i'm filling out this pre-registration for my surgery, and they're asking the weirdest questions. place of birth, religious preference? wtf. i know some religions don't allow certain things to be done so i guess that's why that one's there. but still. just an odd thing to see.

Certainly not a question I can see them asking down here in the Land of Heathens. :laugh:

Songwriting's progressing a little better today. Still no lyrics because I want to wait to form full songs and melodies first.

I like having lyrics to write melodies to, but that's rarely the way it works. :down:

I used to do that before I played guitar. Unfortunately, it's much more difficult to write music to that. I have some old lyrics I've written, and I may try to adapt them to this new music, but I really am tired of writing without music. I want to write to the music now. It's something new for me.

I used to do that before I played guitar. Unfortunately, it's much more difficult to write music to that. I have some old lyrics I've written, and I may try to adapt them to this new music, but I really am tired of writing without music. I want to write to the music now. It's something new for me.

I've purposely done both, just to see which I prefer and, while I prefer getting the lyrics out of the way early, songwriting just doesn't really work that way for most people, myself included.

Yeah, all of my lyrics from before these projects came from me humming melodies out ... which is nice, but doesn't help when it comes time to write the music.

I'm making headway on two songs today: one acoustic and one electric.

Sometimes I find myself just going down the alphabet, trying to find chord progressions that work. :lol: Then I add the riffs later.

I use websites that list chord progressions when I'm feeling overly repetitive or stalling on where to go next with something.

I get like this every June/July

Baseball season is sooo olong. After a while it feels pointless...

But perhaps I'm saying this since we lost yesterday, and we're losing today

I don't follow baseball, nor have a favorite team.

The state teams are the Orioles and the Nationals, but I already cheer for one shit team every year, thank you.

Hey Hey, Orioles are not SOOO bad this year lol.

Are you doing Retro Island, I can't remember...guess I could go check lol

I'm pretty much finished the music formation for my first acoustic track. About time to work on the lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom