Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, what an anti-climactic ending to the rugby. France, you suck. A lot. Just like your pathetic attempt to bomb Greenpeace in Waitemata Harbour sucked. Go home.

*multi sentence quoting is too much hard work at this point so in order...*

1. Good work my young man!

2. Wolf sold out to some multinational so that's fine by me. I like to drink from small producers personally.

3. That's no good, last week's prog with them crossing Africa in 3K cars was priceless.

4. It's all cos of the "The" thread in the lyrics section. Read it and you'll understand. Anyway it NEEDED to be bumped....:flirt:

*multi sentence quoting is too much hard work at this point so in order...*

1. Good work my young man!

2. Wolf sold out to some multinational so that's fine by me. I like to drink from small producers personally.

3. That's no good, last week's prog with them crossing Africa in 3K cars was priceless.

4. It's all cos of the "The" thread in the lyrics section. Read it and you'll understand. Anyway it NEEDED to be bumped....:flirt:

1. I'm starting to feel a little drunk. But I'm still typing normally and thinking far too rationally. Maybe I need to stop nibbling on cheese and crackers too.

2. Ahh, right. Yeah, I like the small vineyards you'll find around New Zealand. My father used to take me to plenty of them when I was little. Would love to do the same here in Victoria, but the legal blindness and hence the inability to drive makes that a bit tough.

3. I saw some of that! Hilarity! Loved their commentary on the guy with the massive combover.

4. People post in the lyrics section? :ohmy: Will head over and see ...

OK, I think I'm drunk.

But my drunkposting clearly isn't as exciting or hilarious as Khan's or Mia's or Bonnie's or anybody else's. I fail at drunkenness.

OK I just had a look at the sealed section, no that's Cleo, the locked section or whatever, and you've seriously had 100 superthreads?? What the fuck do you all talk about?

Oh, she looks at post above, and understands a bit now....

OK I just had a look at the sealed section, no that's Cleo, the locked section or whatever, and you've seriously had 100 superthreads?? What the fuck do you all talk about?

Oh, she looks at post above, and understands a bit now....

:lol: Yeah, this is our 103rd thread. It's just been a constant stream of everything and nothing. It's amazing. It all spawned out of Pop Survivor Round One in EYKIW back in February where we veered wildly off-topic. And it's been going since then. Awesome fun. And I've made a number of offline friends here in Melbourne thanks to this place. We've a strong Victorian contingent.

God, what drunk person is using words like "contingent"? I'm worried about myself.

Well see some of us have to work you know.... :wink:

Don't worry, I've been to some shocking parties where I would drink vodka and lemonade (ie 7/8ths vodka, 1/8 lemonade), talk philosophy with lots of 4 syllable words, and at the same time be conscious that I had no functioning limbs so I could walk to the loo. AND I remember all this how many years later.

You know, some people here post from work to make the day go a touch quicker. :wink:

:laugh: Yeah, I'm feeling pretty pissed right now, but I'm still typing fine and I'm contemplating doing various nerdy things. I must be the weirdest drunk ever. I just wish I had more port, as this is clearly hammering me more than the white wine could, but it's the very last!

Also, a few weeks ago, I was drinking vodka straight and was very disappointed that I could still balance perfectly and walk in a straight line. That, believe it or not, was the first time in my life that I'd ever been drunk, despite growing up drinking wine regularly.

Yeah but some of us have to appear to be working!!! :wink:

Vodka is a untamed beast, you're chugging along nicely thinking this is pretty tame, then whammo!!!! Don't get me started on tequila, I started, and stopped, drinking that in about 1992, bad, bad stuff... :no:

Yeah but some of us have to appear to be working!!! :wink:

Vodka is a untamed beast, you're chugging along nicely thinking this is pretty tame, then whammo!!!! Don't get me started on tequila, I started, and stopped, drinking that in about 1992, bad, bad stuff... :no:

:lol: There needs to be a bland white option for Interference so that it doesn't look so obviously like you're not working. :wink:

:laugh: I drank about 2/3rds to 1 wine glass of the stuff in May and surprisingly didn't get knocked for six, but then I'd been eating shitloads of pizza so that rather reduced my drunkenness. Never tried tequila.

Also, pretty sure I'm quite pissed right now. I have my typing, but that's about it! Wish I had more port ...

Man, I'm drunk and I'm still editing Wikipedia, correcting grammar. This is nerdily sad.

Open plan offices suck, big time :mad:

I've never tried drinking vodka with eating, if I'm drinking vodka, I'M DRINKING VODKA... These days I also do the "drink nice wine at dinner parties" thing, I'm not a total heathen you know....

As for the tequila, don't. Just don't. Trust me.

Open plan offices suck, big time :mad:

I've never tried drinking vodka with eating, if I'm drinking vodka, I'M DRINKING VODKA... These days I also do the "drink nice wine at dinner parties" thing, I'm not a total heathen you know....

As for the tequila, don't. Just don't. Trust me.

Work from home. Or go to uni and just pretend to occasionally do work. :wink:

Back in May, we ordered a stack of pizza, and I ate a whole pizza by myself, so that buggered me up for the rest of the night. I had 4 glasses of port, a glass of red, about a full wine glass of vodka, and this huge glass of vodka, red cordial, and lemonade, and still was barely drunk thanks to all the bloody pizza I'd consumed.

And oh, what's tequila like, then?

ANd therein lies the difference tween you and I. I was just reading the Who Got lucky thread in Mr Pussy's, just to see who the gloaters are :grumpy:

ANd therein lies the difference tween you and I. I was just reading the Who Got lucky thread in Mr Pussy's, just to see who the gloaters are :grumpy:

:laugh:

I can't read Mr Pussy's nowadays, since I'm not premium.

Not as if I'm going to get lucky in a hurry anyway.

Work from home. Or go to uni and just pretend to occasionally do work. :wink:

Back in May, we ordered a stack of pizza, and I ate a whole pizza by myself, so that buggered me up for the rest of the night. I had 4 glasses of port, a glass of red, about a full wine glass of vodka, and this huge glass of vodka, red cordial, and lemonade, and still was barely drunk thanks to all the bloody pizza I'd consumed.

And oh, what's tequila like, then?
1. Oh the real world is waiting for you!!!! :wink:

2. Red cordial is the devil's drink, actually cordial full stop is. I'm now at the stage of my life where my friends are married to men who can keep them in pricey sparkling shiraz, and invite me to their dinner parties so I can drink their pricey sparkling shiraz (and occasionally introduce me to some loser :mad: )

3. Tequila is great, if you want the hangover from hell. And to throw up in your friend's toilets. I only started drinking it when I ran out of vodka....

I just dropped a Kunstmuseum reference in the U2 Covers Toni Braxton thread. It's great how that whole incident is known by pretty much every regular here.

1. Oh the real world is waiting for you!!!! :wink:

2. Red cordial is the devil's drink, actually cordial full stop is. I'm now at the stage of my life where my friends are married to men who can keep them in pricey sparkling shiraz, and invite me to their dinner parties so I can drink their pricey sparkling shiraz (and occasionally introduce me to some loser :mad: )

3. Tequila is great, if you want the hangover from hell. And to throw up in your friend's toilets. I only started drinking it when I ran out of vodka....

1. Fuck the real world, I'll take my student delusions, thanks! :laugh:

2. Red cordial has never been a problem for me. But then it seems thinks don't affect me strongly enough. This is kind of irritating. How bloody hard can it be to get off my face and forget the alphabet in true Bonnie/Mia-style? Clearly TOO HARD. Ah well.

None of my friends are married, let alone to men/women who can keep them in pricey sparkling shiraz. Wish I had friends whose wine I could pinch ...

3. :lol: I think I might stay away from tequila then ...

I just dropped a Kunstmuseum reference in the U2 Covers Toni Braxton thread. It's great how that whole incident is known by pretty much every regular here.

:lmao: We've left one hell of a legacy. Take that, Fake Edge!

Also, LM, we're totally going to use your current sig on a Kunstmuseum t-shirt, though I'd require one with "favourite" spelt correctly. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom