Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, these fundie churches that think alcohol is sinful on all levels use grape juice instead. So everybody got this tiny little thing of grape juice. I nearly burst into laughter when I realised it was grape juice, not wine. Lucky I didn't, since splattering grape juice over the row in front of me probably wouldn't have done me any favours. I was already on the outer there, not being a fundie myself ...

My old church uses grape juice. Im not sure why but its quite funny. Well Im sure that its cause none of them drink. They act like its a sin to drink wine but Jesus drunk wine in the Bible sooo... Idk theyre weird.

oh god, those little vials, i haven't thought of those in forever. my church just has everyone drink from one cup. which isn't very sanitary if you think about it :no: so i try not to.

:lol: This was some big megachurch, apparently it could hold 5,000. I hate to think how unsanitary sharing one cup would be there!

My old church uses grape juice. Im not sure why but its quite funny. Well Im sure that its cause none of them drink. They act like its a sin to drink wine but Jesus drunk wine in the Bible sooo... Idk theyre weird.

The especially moronic fundies will claim that what was called "wine" in Biblical times was a non-alcoholic grape juice.

Truth of the matter is, odds are what Jesus would have drank would have been more potent than today's wine.

omg Americas money feel fake and dirty!!!!
seriously i like animal currency.

American dollars are fucking dumb. Way to make them all the same size and look identical, guys. That really helps the blind.

I had one of every kind of Australian note in my wallet while in the US. I loved how fascinated people in the South were by my "rainbow money".

Mmmm, you can taste the cold sores.
oh god.

:lol: This was some big megachurch, apparently it could hold 5,000. I hate to think how unsanitary sharing one cup would be there!
god, the megachurch near my house has 30k members. it's huge. it's the second largest southern baptist church in the u.s. according to wikipedia.

lol and yeah, not to mention how long communion would take if those 5,000 people all had to stand in line for a sip! now what i think is weird is taking the wafer and not sipping the wine...i'm like uhhh...aren't you supposed to do both?

American dollars are fucking dumb. Way to make them all the same size and look identical, guys. That really helps the blind.

I had one of every kind of Australian note in my wallet while in the US. I loved how fascinated people in the South were by my "rainbow money".

same, i sent a friend a few Canadian bucks and they flipped out cause they thought it was fake.

tsk tsk

The especially moronic fundies will claim that what was called "wine" in Biblical times was a non-alcoholic grape juice.

Truth of the matter is, odds are what Jesus would have drank would have been more potent than today's wine.

yeah exactly. And like a lot of them complained that the children couldnt do communion because they were so young.

1. If theyre SO young then they probably dont understand what communion is and shouldnt be doing it in the first place.

2. The vile is so small there is no way it could do anything to a child.

Definitely not the beacon of intelligence in parts of the South.

:lol: i have a $5 note either from australia or new zealand, i can't remember. but yes, foreign money is way better than ours, although they've started adding colour to them. but now they just look stupid. like the new $5 bill. it looks like it's something someone produced in their garage as a joke.

i wish everything was colour coded though, it'd make it easier. and different sizes. oh, and some way for brand new bills not to stick together.

god, the megachurch near my house has 30k members. it's huge. it's the second largest southern baptist church in the u.s. according to wikipedia.

lol and yeah, not to mention how long communion would take if those 5,000 people all had to stand in line for a sip! now what i think is weird is taking the wafer and not sipping the wine...i'm like uhhh...aren't you supposed to do both?

Holy fucking shit. Any church with more than about 500 people seems big to me. Then again, churches here are probably lucky if they can attract 100 people on a standard Sunday. Noooobody cares. Even those who say they're Catholic or Anglican or whatever on the census, over half of them probably go to church about once every decade. For somebody's funeral.

:laugh: I was pissed off by how the "wafer" seemed to just be paper that had been left out in the sun for a couple of weeks.

:lol: i have a $5 note either from australia or new zealand, i can't remember. but yes, foreign money is way better than ours, although they've started adding colour to them. but now they just look stupid. like the new $5 bill. it looks like it's something someone produced in their garage as a joke.

i wish everything was colour coded though, it'd make it easier. and different sizes. oh, and some way for brand new bills not to stick together.

If it's got Sir Edmund Hillary on it, it's Kiwi. Aussie $5 notes are pink and have the Queen on one side and Parliament House on the other. I'm glad there's some colour being added to US currency, but yeah, it looks really silly. The little dashes of colour to the $20 notes seemed like a paltry attempt to say the least.

I don't know how the blind cope in the US. One person I know here who is totally blind has this little note measuring thing on her wallet. So she just measures each note, since every higher denomination is a little longer than the denomination before it, and knows what she's handing over. She'd be fucked in the US.

Holy fucking shit. Any church with more than about 500 people seems big to me. Then again, churches here are probably lucky if they can attract 100 people on a standard Sunday. Noooobody cares. Even those who say they're Catholic or Anglican or whatever on the census, over half of them probably go to church about once every decade. For somebody's funeral.

:laugh: I was pissed off by how the "wafer" seemed to just be paper that had been left out in the sun for a couple of weeks.
i know what you mean. i prefer smaller churches; they're much more personal. i've no idea how many members there are of the church i go to. there's so many times for mass, who knows. plus i hardly get to go anymore, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ha! i've seen all kinds of wafers: i had one in west virginia that i seriously think was just a round of styrofoam, cubes of bread, oh, and GOLDFISH CRACKERS. ahh yes, nothing says "eat the body of christ" like a fucking cheddar-flavoured, fish-shaped cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom