Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

What'd you think of Darjeeling?

I only liked Hotel Chevalier because it helps Jack storyarc pay-off and you see a semi-nude Natalie Portman. The only problems with Portman were the bruises and body of a 12-year-old boy. Oh well.

Didn't mention this yesterday: I saw the Incredible Hulk in theaters yesterday.

Better than I was expecting, anyway. Not great, but a fun watch. And for some reason or another, I always enjoy Tim Blake Nelson's minor roles, from Holes to The Astronaut Farmer to this.

Didn't mention this yesterday: I saw the Incredible Hulk in theaters yesterday.

Better than I was expecting, anyway. Not great, but a fun watch. And for some reason or another, I always enjoy Tim Blake Nelson's minor roles, from Holes to The Astronaut Farmer to this.

He's also great in O Brother, Where Art Thou? I loved him in this as well. Tim Roth kicking ass was also a welcome sight to see.

It was an entertaining enough movie for what it was. It's probably the best you could do with such a one-dimensional character like the Hulk. That balance between action and internal struggle needs be maintained for it to work, and this one did it better than Ang Lee's Hulk. If you can credit it for one thing, it got me even more excited for the future Avengers movie.

He's also great in O Brother, Where Art Thou? I loved him in this as well. Tim Roth kicking ass was also a welcome sight to see.

It was an entertaining enough movie for what it was. It's probably the best you could do with such a one-dimensional character like the Hulk. That balance between action and internal struggle needs be maintained for it to work, and this one did it better than Ang Lee's Hulk. If you can credit it for one thing, it got me even more excited for the future Avengers movie.

Agreed. That's why I had such low expectations: the Hulk's character really doesn't go anywhere. Still, it was good.

I would have preferred seeing Get Smart, but my buddy really wanted to see this one.

Is the Hulk going to be in the Advengers movie?

I think the best adaption of the Hulk has to be the 70's series. Really moving and true to the tragedy of the character.

Agreed. That's why I had such low expectations: the Hulk's character really doesn't go anywhere. Still, it was good.

I would have preferred seeing Get Smart, but my buddy really wanted to see this one.

Yeah, Get Smart looks to be a hell of a lot of fun. Hopefully it'll be a YLB Family outing.

I'm going to see Wanted with a friend tomorrow, my first R-rated flick I can go into alone. It's gonna be a throwaway, bloody actionfest, but I'm excited.

Is the Hulk going to be in the Advengers movie?

I think the best adaption of the Hulk has to be the 70's series. Really moving and true to the tragedy of the character.

There are some direct nods to the '70s series in the new film, if you haven't seen it already.

Yeah, from what I read, this would be the line-up:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

The first four will definitely have their own films leading up to the team-up film, while Edgar Wright's Ant-Man release date is still up in the air.

Was Downey Jr. at the ending random or is it just me?

It's part of Marvel's idea to connect all of their superhero films into one universe. If you had seen Iron Man first, it would make more sense. Do you know about S.H.I.E.L.D. or The Avengers?

She really has the body of a 12 year old boy? She has a great spirit and intelligence though. That's the important thing.

I know. That's why she's my favorite actress. She's definitely beautiful, the body comment notwithstanding, but I'm never going to meet her, let alone date her, so who am I to judge?

No and no.

I guessed it was a shout out to Iron Man, especially considering he had the same goatee going.

There are some direct nods to the '70s series in the new film, if you haven't seen it already.

Yeah, from what I read, this would be the line-up:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

The first four will definitely have their own films leading up to the team-up film, while Edgar Wright's Ant-Man release date is still up in the air.

Cool. Have you ever seen the 70's series. One of the best series ever in my opinion.

That's a good line-up. Though Ant-Man is a strange choice but refreshing.

Cool. Have you ever seen the 70's series. One of the best series ever in my opinion.

That's a good line-up. Though Ant-Man is a strange choice but refreshing.

I've seen reruns on SciFi every once and a while. It's got its share of cheese, but I enjoy it.

Why do you say that? He's one of the original/most popular members anyway.

Marvel's really reaching into its vaults for some new movies:

Submariner
a standalone Venom film
Luke Cage !!!
Nick Fury !!!
Dr. Strange !!!
Runaways
Deadpool and Gambit are both going to be in the Wolverine prequel.

The Dark Knight may turn out to be the best superhero film ever made, but I'd take the characters in Marvel's canon any day.

I've seen reruns on SciFi every once and a while. It's got its share of cheese, but I enjoy it.

Why do you say that? He's one of the original/most popular members anyway.

Marvel's really reaching into its vaults for some new movies:

Submariner
a standalone Venom film
Luke Cage !!!
Nick Fury !!!
Dr. Strange !!!
Runaways
Deadpool and Gambit are both going to be in the Wolverine prequel.

The Dark Knight may turn out to be the best superhero film ever made, but I'd take the characters in Marvel's canon any day.

It strikes me as a little odd because he doesn't seem like the deepest, most interesting character at least to me. That's not a bad thing as I like the surprise.

I didn't know they were making a Venom and Submariner movie. Those will be great. :drool:

It strikes me as a little odd because he doesn't seem like the deepest, most interesting character at least to me. That's not a bad thing as I like the surprise.

I didn't know they were making a Venom and Submariner movie. Those will be great. :drool:

Like Bruce Banner's a deep and interesting character? Is what it is, I guess.

Submariner's a less-pussified version of Aquaman, which doesn't help his case much. I wish Venom wasn't so haphazardly used in Spidey 3 and didn't have a spin-off, but that's okay.

Luke Cage is a giant black man who fights with a chain and a member of The New Avengers, so that's nice. Dr. Strange is the absolute fucking shit, hands down. And Nick Fury... played by Samuel L. Jackson... why do I even have to explain this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom