Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like fiona and sheryl. well, i USED to like sheryl. the last album i got of hers was cmon, cmon which was...bad. her previous work i like.

oh btw, i saw her live once and she suuuuuucked. although she's apparently great live :shrug: i guess it was an off night for her when i saw her.

This is going to kill my indie facade, but I absolutely loved her most recent album, Detours. It's not half as sunny as Cmon Cmon, the lyrics are 10 times stronger, and some tracks are as strong as anything she's done since about 1998. Definitely a favorite of mine so far this year.

OH GOD. I remember that from the late nineties. My friend in New Zealand worshipped it. I told him he was an idiot and that he needed to listen to these songs called Pride and Bad on this CD I had called the Best Of 1980-1990 ...

Did it work? :lol:

i like fiona and sheryl. well, i USED to like sheryl. the last album i got of hers was cmon, cmon which was...bad. her previous work i like.

oh btw, i saw her live once and she suuuuuucked. although she's apparently great live :shrug: i guess it was an off night for her when i saw her.

I have a question I've been meaning to ask forever...Did Sheryl Crow "Get Religion" or something....I mean, Compare:

All I wanna do
Is have some fun
I've got a feeling
I'm not the only one

to:

Talk to the one who made you
Talk to the one who Understands

Aimee Mann's got her share of good stuff. I like her work on the Magnolia soundtrack.

Screwy, good on you for the Wrath of Khan quote.

Aimee Mann is probably the most popular female artist on the board. Kate, Tori, Fiona and others have only a few fans here.

So many great quotes in that film.

"Marooned on a dead planet for all eternity. Buried alive. Buried alive.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAn!"

This is going to kill my indie facade, but I absolutely loved her most recent album, Detours. It's not half as sunny as Cmon Cmon, the lyrics are 10 times stronger, and some tracks are as strong as anything she's done since about 1998. Definitely a favorite of mine so far this year.
:ohmy:

i think my favourite album of hers is either the self-titled or globe sessions. i'm not sure.

So, next thread. Anybody object if I do it? I'll fix up the thread count.

And I was thinking I'd take all of you to a location I really like the sound of ...

I have a question I've been meaning to ask forever...Did Sheryl Crow "Get Religion" or something....I mean, Compare:

All I wanna do
Is have some fun
I've got a feeling
I'm not the only one

to:

Talk to the one who made you
Talk to the one who Understands
:hmm: i don't know, maybe she did after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

is it bad that i chuckled that on her wikipedia page there's a photo of her in my town? yes, i'm that lame.

:ohmy:

i think my favourite album of hers is either the self-titled or globe sessions. i'm not sure.

I know, right?

I've only heard a little of Globe Sessions, so my default favorite is the self-titled. It's so delightfully bizarre. Her debut was OK, too cutesy.

I know, right?

I've only heard a little of Globe Sessions, so my default favorite is the self-titled. It's so delightfully bizarre. Her debut was OK, too cutesy.
yeah, tuesday night music club is nothing like her, it seems. i'm pissed too, i've misplaced BOTH copies of globe sessions. (i swear, it's not like i was a huge fan but i bought it when it came out and then i came across a version with a bonus track) it's on my computer but still...how could i misplace TWO cds? i guess they're in a box in storage or something, because there's about 10 cds i know i have that i can't find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom