Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #811
The Male

Local Time: 09:30 AM
Logging off for a bit. See you guys in a couple of hours.

Now.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #812
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
LM, believe it or not, the very first forum I ever registered on was a Simpsons forum. Not sure what one now! This was back in 2002, the week I first got the Internet. I didn't even understand how messageboards worked, so I asked my friend to explain it to me and he said it was too difficult and I shouldn't waste my time on messageboards anyway. So I never actually posted and it wasn't until about another month or two later that I registered at another forum and figured out my friend was wrong on the dfficulty count. Whether I shouldn't waste my time on messageboards, however ...
The one I go to is No Homers Club. It has been referenced in the DVD commentaries in the past, and executive producers Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein have posted there on numerous occasions. It's a cool place to be but, again, the people are a mixed bag. The moderating is good though, better than here, I would say.

Now.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #813
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey guys, U2 released five more seconds of song via shoddy video taping thx to Larry

Old 06-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #814
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Rob thinks we're all morons to believe a story like that.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #815
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Rob thinks we're all morons to believe a story like that.
like what?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #816
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Oh god, my computer is going so slow, words cannot describe it. It's taken me this long just to be able to see my last post appear. I, uh, think I better restart this piece of junk.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #817
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Morning All

Hey Ax, East Link just opened today....and the police have already made their first Speeding Fine!.....Some 18 year old doing 135km/h in a 100 Zone

Wow, how dumb can you be? On the road's first day, of course they're going to be watching it like hawks!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #818
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Whether I shouldn't waste my time on messageboards, however ...
I think messageboards are great if you find the right one. Without this place I wouldn't have met so many wonderful people...and Rob33.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #819
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Wow, how dumb can you be? On the road's first day, of course they're going to be watching it like hawks!
I know....some people are just plain stupid. I think the Toll points count as speed cameras too.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #820
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
like what?
That he "meant to have them as two paragraphs." The phrasing doesn't make sense split up. It only makes sense together. And it's clear what his intent was anyway. He's just going way out of his way to not look dumb, and has made it worse.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #821
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
That he "meant to have them as two paragraphs." The phrasing doesn't make sense split up. It only makes sense together. And it's clear what his intent was anyway. He's just going way out of his way to not look dumb, and has made it worse.
OH that, yeah. I mean, generally, I don't mind Rob, but the way he's acting right now is just plain immature. why can't people on this board discuss
Old 06-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #822
Vocal parasite

Hurrah, slow as hell computer is not quite slow as hell after restarting it. Shame it for some reason didn't offer to restore my old Firefox tabs, but I can live.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #823
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The one I go to is No Homers Club. It has been referenced in the DVD commentaries in the past, and executive producers Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein have posted there on numerous occasions. It's a cool place to be but, again, the people are a mixed bag. The moderating is good though, better than here, I would say.
Ah, yeah, I remember poking around there in about 2003 but never registered. I think the place I joined was just some minor forum. No idea why I even chose it. It was back before I'd even thought of using Axver as a screen name. I registered as Axver at the second forum I used (first I actually posted at) and the rest is history.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #824
Vocal parasite

Quote:
There are things I want to say, but I just don't want to get involved in that thread. Mostly, I just want to know if he's ever admitted he's wrong before.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
There are things I want to say, but I just don't want to get involved in that thread. Mostly, I just want to know if he's ever admitted he's wrong before.
I have feeling he hasn't. I point blank asked him to stop the madness and just stop saying Coldplay is ripping off U2. He of course just left this and ignored it. Even for as stubborn as I can often be I admit at some point I was in the wrong, accept someone else's point of view or just plain let it go.

Tags
superthread