Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #616
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
MOTHER OF GOD. WOW.

Go us!

That's good news for the last day of my life as somebody who has lived the majority of their life in New Zealand.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #617
The Male

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
God, every time I look in there, I realise just how negative a force the Internet can be.
Even the people that are correct are insufferable about it. Makes the Viva La Vida thread seem tolerant.

Now.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #618
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Is he the gay member of REM? In that case, definitely unnatural and not-to-be-reciprocated.
Hey don't be slagging off Michael Stipe Though he is a little too bald... No my love is for the man with the Rickenbacker, the guitarist Have I bored you with how I met him when he played a small club in adelaide in 06?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #619
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Hey don't be slagging off Michael Stipe Though he is a little too bald... No my love is for the man with the Rickenbacker, the guitarist Have I bored you with how I met him when he played a small club in adelaide in 06?
Ooh, so it's Stipe who's gay? Then you may have a chance with your love Buck, then.

And no, you haven't bored me with your story about meeting him! Tell!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #620
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Have fun; enjoy spotting planes.

What fucking drunk uses semicolons? God, I fail at this drunkenness. At least I just had a fun time walking around the corner to the toilet. No accidents at the loo, thankfully, but I now know the doorframe a little more than I did before.
You must the be the only person in history who sees BETTER when they drink!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #621
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Even the people that are correct are insufferable about it. Makes the Viva La Vida thread seem tolerant.
The Viva La Vida threads are totally going down in the Interference Hall of Fame/Shame, that's for sure.

And yeah, I agree. I can't stand most of the threads in FYM nowadays. Though yolland is a true beacon of sanity and insight.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #622
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You must the be the only person in history who sees BETTER when they drink!

I am legally blind, so it can't be hard for me to see better.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #623
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Ooh, so it's Stipe who's gay? Then you may have a chance with your love Buck, then.

And no, you haven't bored me with your story about meeting him! Tell!
He played the Gov here as part of Robyn Hitchcock's band, cos he likes to just play geetar with people he's mates with. The club was seriously half empty and I stood as close to the stage as I am to my pc. And the band are just wandering about the place before and after the gig, so we got a chance to chat to them. AAAANNNNDDDD I think I may have been chatted up by Mr Buck, but I was too awestruck at the time to realise till it was too late, ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #624
Vocal parasite

Quote:
He played the Gov here as part of Robyn Hitchcock's band, cos he likes to just play geetar with people he's mates with. The club was seriously half empty and I stood as close to the stage as I am to my pc. And the band are just wandering about the place before and after the gig, so we got a chance to chat to them. AAAANNNNDDDD I think I may have been chatted up by Mr Buck, but I was too awestruck at the time to realise till it was too late, ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!
Ooooh fun. I thought it was amazing in February when Explosions In The Sky played The Corner Hotel and I was literally leaning on the stage. Incredible experience. Spoke to one of the opening acts; she was really nice and gave me the setlist. But I couldn't hang around afterwards to talk to any of the musicians or I would have missed the very last tram.

Come on Melbourne, how hard can it possibly be to run public transport 24/7! Even just one tram an hour per route!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #625
The Male

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
The Viva La Vida threads are totally going down in the Interference Hall of Fame/Shame, that's for sure.

And yeah, I agree. I can't stand most of the threads in FYM nowadays. Though yolland is a true beacon of sanity and insight.
If so, I feel better about wasting hours of my time on them.

Yolland is very cool, and I also like Melon because, though we don't see eye-to-eye on spiritual things, he knows his Bible better than I do and is generally very knowledgeable. I'd like Irvine if he knew what the shift button on his keyboard is for.

Now.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #626
Vocal parasite

For fuck's sake, am I the most sober drunk in history or something?

I'm trying to decide between another drink or going to bed. If I had more port, I'd have more port, but all I have left is the sauvignon blanc/semillion blend and I've really had enough of that for one night, or a red of some description of which I have about 1-1.5 glasses' worth left.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #627
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
If so, I feel better about wasting hours of my time on them.

Yolland is very cool, and I also like Melon because, though we don't see eye-to-eye on spiritual things, he knows his Bible better than I do and is generally very knowledgeable. I'd like Irvine if he knew what the shift button on his keyboard is for.
It just amazes me that the thread's still going. I swear, some people there seem to have the silliest visceral hatred of Chris Martin/Coldplay.

Ooh, yes, melon is fucking incredible too. I wish I were half as smart as he is. Though is he even posting these days? I haven't seen him around much at all. It feels like the forum has been hijacked by the extremist Harry Vest left and even more extremist iron horse/2861U2 right.

And yeah, some people need to learn more about Shift/Caps Lock. I, for the record, use Caps Lock. When I first taught myself to type at about the age of nine, I had no idea that Shift could capitalise, and nowadays I'm so used to using Caps Lock that I find Shift to be slower.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #628
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Ooooh fun. I thought it was amazing in February when Explosions In The Sky played The Corner Hotel and I was literally leaning on the stage. Incredible experience. Spoke to one of the opening acts; she was really nice and gave me the setlist. But I couldn't hang around afterwards to talk to any of the musicians or I would have missed the very last tram.

Come on Melbourne, how hard can it possibly be to run public transport 24/7! Even just one tram an hour per route!
I could get bitchy and remind you that Melb at least gets the gigs while most of the good acts bypass Adelaide, but I won't The Corner is a cool pub, the Gov here is very like that.

Well I'm gonna love you and leave you all now, I have to get up and do stuff today and sleep is a'calling
Old 06-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #629
Vocal parasite

Ha, u2popmofo just owned the Coldplay thread.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #630
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:10 PM
what's wrong with people typing in all lowercase?

Tags
superthread