Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Bruce Banner's a deep and interesting character? Is what it is, I guess.

Submariner's a less-pussified version of Aquaman, which doesn't help his case much.

I wish Venom wasn't so haphazardly used in Spidey 3 and didn't have a spin-off, but that's okay.

I just mean you sort of have to have a really deep character to not get pushed aside by the other really popular characters. Captain America isn't that deep of a character but he is so beloved.

Well to get technical, Submariner was around a few years before Aquaman. Aquaman is just more popular.

I haven't seen Spidey 3 or X-Men 3 because they sound so bad. How can you butcher Pheonix and Venom? :down:

I just mean you sort of have to have a really deep character to not get pushed aside by the other really popular characters. Captain America isn't that deep of a character but he is so beloved.

Well to get technical, Submariner was around a few years before Aquaman. Aquaman is just more popular.

I haven't seen Spidey 3 or X-Men 3 because they sound so bad. How can you butcher Pheonix and Venom? :down:

Captain America's arc after he gets defrosted is pretty interesting. Plus, who doesn't like a superhero that fights Nazis? That's just plain cool.

Okay, but Aquaman and Sub-Mariner are both pretty useless anyway, unless everyone decides to fight underwater. This isn't Top Secret.

They both are truly terrible and wasted opportunities, don't blame you for skipping those.

Don't even start. I'm a fucking Major on SEPTA.

And in college, my major was destruction. Let's dance and see what happens.

YLB, I'm watching the clip. I am likely not gonna laugh too much, since people that spend their day heckling another human is not all that creative to me, even if Stephen A is a bit of a joke. Though, saying "Et tu Bilas" mad me chuckle. Latin FTW.

And in college, my major was destruction. Let's dance and see what happens.

YLB, I'm watching the clip. I am likely not gonna laugh too much, since people that spend their day heckling another human is not all that creative to me, even if Stephen A is a bit of a joke. Though, saying "Et tu Bilas" mad me chuckle. Latin FTW.

I'm not a fan of when they heckle Stephen A. directly either.

It's not as funny as last year's video, but the Skip Bayless joke and Kevin Love shout out both killed me though.

Dear groceries,

Please stop going up in price. Please. Every bloody week I feel like I'm paying more and more for less and less.

No love,
Ax

Bleh, better drag myself up from the computer and think about doing the shopping anyway ...

Dear groceries,

Please stop going up in price. Please. Every bloody week I feel like I'm paying more and more for less and less.

No love,
Ax

Bleh, better drag myself up from the computer and think about doing the shopping anyway ...
tell me about it. i had to buy a few groceries today and i was amazed so little cost so much. :tsk:

tell me about it. i had to buy a few groceries today and i was amazed so little cost so much. :tsk:

Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.

Cheese is infuriating me. I use a lot of cheese. I love the stuff. You can guarantee I'll have at least three types of cheeses in my fridge at any one time - a block of tasty (sandwiches and stuff), grated parmesan (for gnocchi and spaghetti and such), and this grated blend of cheeses for pizza. You know how much that costs me? $20. Twenty fucking dollars. A block of 1kg tasty is over $10 no matter what brand I buy, then the two bags of parmesan and pizza cheese work out to be about $9 together.

It's fucking OBSCENE. I'm trying to cut down on my usage - mainly through using it a lot more sparingly than I ever used to.
tasty? :hmm: i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.

Old Gregg may as well have given you the funk on this one, YLB. I may have to start calling you Howard Moon.

That's horrible. I love cheese. :drool:

tasty? :hmm: i remember you talking about it, i googled it and it reminded me of velveeta.

cheese i don't notice too much as we don't go through it too fast, but milk. ugh. i can drink 1/2 to 1 gallon in a DAY. sure, i (hopefully) won't get osteoporosis, but i'm also using like $4 a day just on beverages.

Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.

That's horrible. I love cheese. :drool:

I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.

Tasty's just the standard cheese. Redirects to cheddar on Wikipedia.

Ah, now I don't drink milk, so that helps me a bit. I only ever buy small cartons when I'm baking (will have to do some of that this coming week, actually). But my orange juice is getting really dear. $2.40 for a 2L bottle - and that's the cheapest brand (fortunately it's also my favourite, so I'm not buying cheap stuff intentionally here). I go through a bottle in about 2.5 days; I'm increasingly trying to substitute water for orange juice.

Bread's price is driving me mad too. I'm just glad that I've cut out some meat from my diet, now that I prefer napoli sauce to bolognese sauce. The price of mince was really starting to hurt.
:tsk: milk is delicious. oh well. more for me :D (lol cuz you know any unused milk from australia comes here)

wow, you do go through it quickly. do you drink it with everything? cuz other than breakfast foods, i can't imagine it going with anything :hmm:

I'm thinking of splurging today so I can have a couple of nice cheeses to go with my wine during the rugby tonight. But we'll see how much it's going to hurt my wallet when I get to the supermarket soon. If it's going to really set me back, I'll just stick with the camembert I already have.
ha, there you go. the difference between australians and americans: australians have wine and cheese while watching televised sports, americans have wings, chips, and soda.

I'm not a big fan of cheese for the most part. I like pizza and cheesesteaks, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom