Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #571
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:51 AM
God, what an anti-climactic ending to the rugby. France, you suck. A lot. Just like your pathetic attempt to bomb Greenpeace in Waitemata Harbour sucked. Go home.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:21 AM
*multi sentence quoting is too much hard work at this point so in order...*

1. Good work my young man!

2. Wolf sold out to some multinational so that's fine by me. I like to drink from small producers personally.

3. That's no good, last week's prog with them crossing Africa in 3K cars was priceless.

4. It's all cos of the "The" thread in the lyrics section. Read it and you'll understand. Anyway it NEEDED to be bumped....

Old 06-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #573
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
*multi sentence quoting is too much hard work at this point so in order...*

1. Good work my young man!

2. Wolf sold out to some multinational so that's fine by me. I like to drink from small producers personally.

3. That's no good, last week's prog with them crossing Africa in 3K cars was priceless.

4. It's all cos of the "The" thread in the lyrics section. Read it and you'll understand. Anyway it NEEDED to be bumped....
1. I'm starting to feel a little drunk. But I'm still typing normally and thinking far too rationally. Maybe I need to stop nibbling on cheese and crackers too.

2. Ahh, right. Yeah, I like the small vineyards you'll find around New Zealand. My father used to take me to plenty of them when I was little. Would love to do the same here in Victoria, but the legal blindness and hence the inability to drive makes that a bit tough.

3. I saw some of that! Hilarity! Loved their commentary on the guy with the massive combover.

4. People post in the lyrics section? Will head over and see ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #574
Vocal parasite

OK, I think I'm drunk.

But my drunkposting clearly isn't as exciting or hilarious as Khan's or Mia's or Bonnie's or anybody else's. I fail at drunkenness.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

OK I just had a look at the sealed section, no that's Cleo, the locked section or whatever, and you've seriously had 100 superthreads?? What the fuck do you all talk about?

Oh, she looks at post above, and understands a bit now....
Old 06-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #576
Vocal parasite

Quote:
OK I just had a look at the sealed section, no that's Cleo, the locked section or whatever, and you've seriously had 100 superthreads?? What the fuck do you all talk about?

Oh, she looks at post above, and understands a bit now....
Yeah, this is our 103rd thread. It's just been a constant stream of everything and nothing. It's amazing. It all spawned out of Pop Survivor Round One in EYKIW back in February where we veered wildly off-topic. And it's been going since then. Awesome fun. And I've made a number of offline friends here in Melbourne thanks to this place. We've a strong Victorian contingent.

God, what drunk person is using words like "contingent"? I'm worried about myself.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #577
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well see some of us have to work you know....

Don't worry, I've been to some shocking parties where I would drink vodka and lemonade (ie 7/8ths vodka, 1/8 lemonade), talk philosophy with lots of 4 syllable words, and at the same time be conscious that I had no functioning limbs so I could walk to the loo. AND I remember all this how many years later.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #578
Vocal parasite

You know, some people here post from work to make the day go a touch quicker.

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty pissed right now, but I'm still typing fine and I'm contemplating doing various nerdy things. I must be the weirdest drunk ever. I just wish I had more port, as this is clearly hammering me more than the white wine could, but it's the very last!

Also, a few weeks ago, I was drinking vodka straight and was very disappointed that I could still balance perfectly and walk in a straight line. That, believe it or not, was the first time in my life that I'd ever been drunk, despite growing up drinking wine regularly.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #579
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah but some of us have to appear to be working!!!

Vodka is a untamed beast, you're chugging along nicely thinking this is pretty tame, then whammo!!!! Don't get me started on tequila, I started, and stopped, drinking that in about 1992, bad, bad stuff...
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #580
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah but some of us have to appear to be working!!!

Vodka is a untamed beast, you're chugging along nicely thinking this is pretty tame, then whammo!!!! Don't get me started on tequila, I started, and stopped, drinking that in about 1992, bad, bad stuff...
There needs to be a bland white option for Interference so that it doesn't look so obviously like you're not working.

I drank about 2/3rds to 1 wine glass of the stuff in May and surprisingly didn't get knocked for six, but then I'd been eating shitloads of pizza so that rather reduced my drunkenness. Never tried tequila.

Also, pretty sure I'm quite pissed right now. I have my typing, but that's about it! Wish I had more port ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #581
Vocal parasite

Man, I'm drunk and I'm still editing Wikipedia, correcting grammar. This is nerdily sad.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #582
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Open plan offices suck, big time

I've never tried drinking vodka with eating, if I'm drinking vodka, I'M DRINKING VODKA... These days I also do the "drink nice wine at dinner parties" thing, I'm not a total heathen you know....

As for the tequila, don't. Just don't. Trust me.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Man, I'm drunk and I'm still editing Wikipedia, correcting grammar. This is nerdily sad.
Anything good? Any U2 tours I may have missed?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #584
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Anything good? Any U2 tours I may have missed?
No, I'm just editing boring transport articles. Flag of convenience at the moment. Not even sure how I ended up there, but then that happens to me often when I'm sober and just surfing around Wikipedia, so it's not too much of a sign that I'm pissed.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #585
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Open plan offices suck, big time

I've never tried drinking vodka with eating, if I'm drinking vodka, I'M DRINKING VODKA... These days I also do the "drink nice wine at dinner parties" thing, I'm not a total heathen you know....

As for the tequila, don't. Just don't. Trust me.
Work from home. Or go to uni and just pretend to occasionally do work.

Back in May, we ordered a stack of pizza, and I ate a whole pizza by myself, so that buggered me up for the rest of the night. I had 4 glasses of port, a glass of red, about a full wine glass of vodka, and this huge glass of vodka, red cordial, and lemonade, and still was barely drunk thanks to all the bloody pizza I'd consumed.

And oh, what's tequila like, then?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread