Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Ah, right. I imagine the next time I listen to the radio will be when U2 are doing some sort of promo gig. Remember back in 2004?
Oh yeah!...good times...Vertigo...like 40 times in one day.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #527
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Oh yeah!...good times...Vertigo...like 40 times in one day.
Remember hopping on radio streams over two hours before a promo gig was meant to happen, just to ensure you got a spot before it got overcrowded? Crazy times.

And so the Wannabes draw first blood against France.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #528
Vocal parasite

Hey, Robbie Deans?

TRAAAAIIIITOOOOOOR.
TRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIITOOOOOOOOOOOR.
TRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIITOOOOOOOOORRR.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #529
Vocal parasite

And it's 3-3. Bizarre penalty call from the ref though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Remember hopping on radio streams over two hours before a promo gig was meant to happen, just to ensure you got a spot before it got overcrowded? Crazy times.

And so the Wannabes draw first blood against France.
And having to put up with all the other crap, then the U2 interivew...and the gig wasn't until nighttime (in the UK)...which meant during school time for me!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #531
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And having to put up with all the other crap, then the U2 interivew...and the gig wasn't until nighttime (in the UK)...which meant during school time for me!
Oh god, that really sucked, didn't it? Some of the really inane ads, music, and DJ commentary were enough to send you insane ...

Not sure how heavily I'll participate this time. OK, let's not kid ourselves, I'll probably be right there eagerly waiting for new music.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh god, that really sucked, didn't it? Some of the really inane ads, music, and DJ commentary were enough to send you insane ...

Not sure how heavily I'll participate this time. OK, let's not kid ourselves, I'll probably be right there eagerly waiting for new music.
I'm not sure. I'll be eagerly waiting, But I'm not sure I'll be around "the moment it happens".....like I was last time ...well for album leaks ect.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #533
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm not sure. I'll be eagerly waiting, But I'm not sure I'll be around "the moment it happens".....like I was last time ...well for album leaks ect.
I imagine that this time, when the album leaks, I'll be around but will find out by somebody posting in a Superthread that there's a leak on WTAHNN.

I check WTAHNN probably only a couple of times a day at the moment. So much of it is speculative and baseless, or sheer ridiculousness like people making sweeping assumptions just based on a song title.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

I don't know if we were as bad as some folk are nowdays, back in the day. But there is so much pointless crap being talked about.

Peterrrrrrrrr is always good for a chuckle! what the hell is that website he runs?...i'mobsessedwithbonosvoice.#Gcom
Old 06-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #535
Vocal parasite

Damn, you're good at blowing chances, Australia!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #536
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't know if we were as bad as some folk are nowdays, back in the day. But there is so much pointless crap being talked about.

Peterrrrrrrrr is always good for a chuckle! what the hell is that website he runs?...i'mobsessedwithbonosvoice.#Gcom
Yeah, I mean, we had our theories and really got into it, but some of the stuff at the moment is a bit crazy. And now that Lanois has made some comparison to Hendrix, we all know that's going to lead to "OMG THIS ISN'T LIKE HENDRIX U2 SUX!!!!!" threads when The Cedars Of Lebanon leaks.

And if you're sure you want to see his website: bonosvoice.st

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #537
Vocal parasite

WTF? Telstra Stadium is now ANZ Stadium. Every time they refer to it as ANZ Stadium, I think they're talking about Brisbane, about the stadium where I saw U2 in 2006. Could've they at least thought of a DIFFERENT name, even just a different order? i.e. Stadium ANZ.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #538
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And if you're sure you want to see his website: bonosvoice.st
OMG.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #539
Vocal parasite

About fucking time you scored a try, Australia!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
WTF? Telstra Stadium is now ANZ Stadium. Every time they refer to it as ANZ Stadium, I think they're talking about Brisbane, about the stadium where I saw U2 in 2006. Could've they at least thought of a DIFFERENT name, even just a different order? i.e. Stadium ANZ.
WTF???....When they said ANZ I keep thinking of the Sydney Football Stadium, where U2 Played in 93 and 99. I didn't realize they renamed Telstra Stadium.

Tags
superthread