Hooker Corner, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What shits me off is how closed-minded most of this forum is. OH NOEZ TEH METUL. God, the way some people carry on, you'd think Britney Spears just raped their dog. I've returned to my rule of no metal, which makes my current idea a bit more difficult as I've plenty of metal that would suit it well. Might at least be able to fit in some lighter doom metal, since the traditional stuff has clean vocals.

Ah well, if I can at least challenge some people and push them beyond B&C's bland pop-rock/indie wanker bounds, then I'm happy.

To be honest, I got way to busy with school and word during DIIV to really give anyones lists a really close listen, I even forgot to vote for my own list once (causingit to lose :sigh: )

but for what it's worth, I LOVED your DI2 list, I still have a lot of tracks from it on my iPod....or at least I would if it werent' for my iPod deleting everything I love ALL the time

I'm not the right person to ask but Phanan is pretty strict about this so I don't he would like that.

Personally I just want to make a playlist of the best of the late 70's and early 80's. It would sort of show that there was more than New Wave and Punk at that time.

The very first time this idea was posted there was a song I had in mind for it, and I just now found out it was released in 1987 :huh:

Well, i'm going to clean up my pigsty.

Will probably check in every now and then.

Have fun with that.

Right now, I'm of the opinion that if my house wants to be clean, it'll clean itself.

but for what it's worth, I LOVED your DI2 list, I still have a lot of tracks from it on my iPod....or at least I would if it werent' for my iPod deleting everything I love ALL the time

Wow, really? Awesome. I was pretty fond of that list at the time and I'm glad somebody's remembered it. I thought it had some songs that would go down a treat with people here.

Wow, really? Awesome. I was pretty fond of that list at the time and I'm glad somebody's remembered it. I thought it had some songs that would go down a treat with people here.

Hold on, let me go check your list again, and I'll tell you what I still listen to.

Hold on, let me go check your list again, and I'll tell you what I still listen to.

Cool - I'm quite curious. I particularly thought Dave Dobbyn's Beside You would do well with people here; I adore the guitar melody of that song.

2. Marillion - "Kayleigh" (7" edit) - Misplaced Childhood (3:33)

3. Pure Reason Revolution - "Nimos And Tambos" - The Dark Third, US edition (3:44)

4. Muse - "Hysteria" - Absolution (3:47)

7. Delays - "Wanderlust" - Faded Seaside Glamour (3:58)

8. Mew - "The Zookeeper's Boy" - And The Glass Handed Kites (4:43)

9. U2 - "Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)" - New Year's Day single (3:24)

10. Crowded House - "Mean To Me" - Crowded House (3:15)

13. Dream Theater - "A Mind Beside Itself III: The Silent Man" - Awake (3:47)

14. Blackfield - "Christenings" - Blackfield II (4:37)

16. The Go-Betweens - "Streets Of Your Town" - Bellavista Terrace: Best Of The Go-Betweens (3:38)

17. Midnight Oil - "Forgotten Years" - 20,000 Watt RSL (4:22)

21. Hum - "Green To Me" - Downward Is Heavenward (3:55)

28. The Who - "Pinball Wizard" - Tommy (3:01)

31. Transatlantic - "We All Need Some Light" - :e (5:44)

And I see now that I mixed a few songs on LJT's list up with yorus, but still, I also think that if I hadn't lost some of the files, and forgotten the names of them ,there would be a few more on there.

2. Marillion - "Kayleigh" (7" edit) - Misplaced Childhood (3:33)

3. Pure Reason Revolution - "Nimos And Tambos" - The Dark Third, US edition (3:44)

4. Muse - "Hysteria" - Absolution (3:47)

7. Delays - "Wanderlust" - Faded Seaside Glamour (3:58)

8. Mew - "The Zookeeper's Boy" - And The Glass Handed Kites (4:43)

9. U2 - "Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)" - New Year's Day single (3:24)

10. Crowded House - "Mean To Me" - Crowded House (3:15)

13. Dream Theater - "A Mind Beside Itself III: The Silent Man" - Awake (3:47)

14. Blackfield - "Christenings" - Blackfield II (4:37)

16. The Go-Betweens - "Streets Of Your Town" - Bellavista Terrace: Best Of The Go-Betweens (3:38)

17. Midnight Oil - "Forgotten Years" - 20,000 Watt RSL (4:22)

21. Hum - "Green To Me" - Downward Is Heavenward (3:55)

28. The Who - "Pinball Wizard" - Tommy (3:01)

31. Transatlantic - "We All Need Some Light" - :e (5:44)

And I see now that I mixed a few songs on LJT's list up with yorus, but still, I also think that if I hadn't lost some of the files, and forgotten the names of them ,there would be a few more on there.

Oooh, some of my very favourite songs are there - Nimos And Tambos, Hysteria, Forgotten Years, Mean To Me, and We All Need Some Light. Good choices. :up:

Oooh, some of my very favourite songs are there - Nimos And Tambos, Hysteria, Forgotten Years, Mean To Me, and We All Need Some Light. Good choices. :up:

Forgotten Years, and Mean to Me, are probably my two favorites from the list overall.

I still listen to your playlists too. I absolutely love Kapiti Island and the beginning and end of your last playlist.

Funny, even by the time I submitted DI III, I was often just listening to Stewart Island, or starting Kapiti Island from about Dreamline or In A Lifetime. I think Stewart Island is the best tracklist I've ever made.

I should do something with the remaining parts of the Aotearoa series. They're still sitting around to varying degrees of completion.

Yeah, Candidate is one I routinely skip. My play counts for the last ten months might give some insight:

Disorder: 46
Day Of The Lords: 22
Candidate: 15
Insight: 13
New Dawn Fades: 76

Disorder is the best song on that album, hands-down. The vocal is chilling.

:lmao: looking at my Di2 list, I can't even believe I won the first round

LMP makes those kind of complaints too about his old lists but, honestly, I love all of my DI lists so far. They were all polished heavily, so there's nothing I feel I could realistically have changed.

LMP makes those kind of complaints too about his old lists but, honestly, I love all of my DI lists so far. They were all polished heavily, so there's nothing I feel I could realistically have changed.

I'll disown some selections from DI I, but yeah, I'll stand by my subsequent submissions. I have gotten sick of some parts, and even by the time I submitted them I would sometimes skip some tracks, but I think that's more from over-listening and being too close to it. When I returned to DI III recently, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Honestly, DI2 was bad in that it was songs only I could possibly like :lol:

DI4 though...God I'm pissed off about DI4. I felt rushed to turn it in, then I accidently left off FIVE! songs I meant to put on it. And never got a cahnce to resubmit because my freaking boss kept making me work doubles and I had school...God the end of the school year sucked this year

Ah, yeah, I remember poking around there in about 2003 but never registered. I think the place I joined was just some minor forum. No idea why I even chose it. It was back before I'd even thought of using Axver as a screen name. I registered as Axver at the second forum I used (first I actually posted at) and the rest is history.
catching up now...

what did you register as there? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom