Honestly, how hard is it to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
... change the roll of toilet paper for the next person?

... avoid dumping every possible dish, greasy or non-greasy, into the sink?

... stop using other people's stuff all the time in the bathroom?

... use clean hands while opening and handling food in the fridge?

... change the paper towel roll when it's done?

... not leave trash like empty water bottles and bits of candy wrapper in your roommate's car?

... put the recycling in a different can from your trash?

:rant:

Arghhh! :banghead: Is it just me? Seriously, it's not that hard to do these things as common courtesy for your roommates! Maybe it's time I moved out into my own apartment. :grumpy:

I feel your pain. All of the above reasons and others are why I live solo.

I have a pretty damn good roomie....doesn't offend any of those rules.

Maybe that means I am the bad roomie!? :hmm:

I apologized the other day for not putting a new roll of TP on. Not a normal thing!

the failure...not the apology

When I was in student halls last year, my flatmates used to leave stuff until it was moulding.

It seemed beyond them to simply scrape the scraps of food left on their plates into the bin before adding them to the plate mountain next to the sink.:mad:

Or even better they used to keep on putting stuff into the bin, even though it is clearly overflowing and the binbag needed changing. :rant:

Now I am back with my parents where I am the one who leaves the mess lying around! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

... not leave trash like empty water bottles and bits of candy wrapper in your roommate's car?

Arghhh! :banghead: Is it just me? Seriously, it's not that hard to do these things as common courtesy for your roommates! Maybe it's time I moved out into my own apartment. :grumpy:

for a minute I thought you were living in my house!!! I have those same complaints about a certain 17 year old. :grumpy:

My mother is very organized; I am not. She organizes everything because she can't stand to have it any other way. We're just not on the same wavelength. But we love each other.

U2democrat said:

:hmm:

I suggest calling it "The Odd Couple"

How's that sound?

and put it on 7 different networks at the same time with different actors and it'll become a hit.

Zootlesque said:

Try being married.:rolleyes:

Yeah I hate it when people do those things too, I say time and again to people "don't put yor dishes in the sink, stack them on the bench" but I still sometimes find dishes biffed in the sink :madwife:.

Zootlesque said:

I lived with people like that and it drove me insane. :grumpy:

They never tidied - our landlord didn't think a house needed to be cleaned - and they never cleaned up behind themselves in the kitchen (they used dirty cloths to dry dishes and didn't clean the worktop even if it had been in contact with raw egg or meat). I wouldn't have minded the mess but they just had no idea about basic kitchen hygiene. :crack: I can't even talk about our fridge :yuck:

I agree, inconsiderate roommates can drive you insane. The last time I ever had a roommate, she actually brought some guy she had never met before (pen pals for like 2 months) to spend the weekend at our house, and then left him there alone when we (she included) went on a roadtrip to Virginia for the day.

She didn't fess up about her not meeting him before til AFTER that weekend. Needless to say, I've been living happily alone ever since.

Back
Top Bottom