Holy Jesus, Holy Rock and Roll..... Garbage ROCKED Last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
That's actually an understatement... that show was AWESOME! I loved them with U2, and this show even blew those performances away! We had a great spot standing right behind the sound boards kind of at the back - right behind the band Midnight Oil!

They did lots of old and new... plus a cover of Wild Horses... I was hoping to hear Milk since I was told it was done at another show, butI really cant complain!

Was anyone else there?

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

Good for you, and them. I wanted to see them open last year but plenty happy with No Doubt.

Was Midnight Oil there purley as spectators, or did they open the show?

Funny you should mention that - i just saw a live show by Garbage on German music TV station called VIVA tv.

Just saw a few songs but WOW does Shirley Manson rock or what?!?

And they also did "Wild horses" which sounded amazing.

Wow.. I'd LOVE to hear them play Wild Horses live. That would be absolutely wonderful.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

I'm glad to hear the show was fabulous. Now I want too see them again to make up for the last time I saw them!! (I'm so spoiled, hehe). I thought they did a great version of Wild Horses in Cleveland...and Milk was great in Detroit (about the only moment I was able to enjoy!). Yep, you better drop me a line too!

smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Saw them last week in NYC and they did indeed rock. Shirley makes me want to quit my job and become a rock star. Alice-- glad to here you had fun. Robyn got drunk Sat. night with Starsailor. Bitch.

not only did she get drunk with starsailor... she got propositioned by starsailor!!! lmao! whores, i tell you!!!

wink.gif

Originally posted by Spyplane:
Good for you, and them. I wanted to see them open last year but plenty happy with No Doubt.

Was Midnight Oil there purley as spectators, or did they open the show?

Midnight Oil was there as spectators. Saturday afternoon was also Earth Fest in Boston, and they played at that as well as Garbage. We were standing right behind the soundboards, they came in after Garbage started and sat right in there. My boyfriend recoginized the lead singer, and I leaned over to ask them.. and sure enough it was!
biggrin.gif

Ally - Sorry I missed you! I was hoping for those two songs as well! But I really cant complain!
biggrin.gif

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

i saw them in boston this past saturday, too, She Is Raging!!
smile.gif
sadly, i didn't see you there- i was actually smushed up towards the front, about 6th/7th row on the right side of the stage. the show was AMAZING!!! shirley is soooo cool- she really turns on that whole sex kitten thing during the show.
wink.gif
what a night.... "cherry lips" is an amazing song live- i love how she gave that description of what it's about beforehand. the old material rocked too- and wild horses was amazing! i just wish that they had played "androgyny" and "#1 crush"- regardless, it was a great show.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom