Holy Crap, Where Was I When This Lindsey Buckingham Album Came Out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XHendrix24

Refugee
Of course I'm talking about Under the Skin released last year.

I picked it up yesterday after hearing some of his songs from Tusk, and holy crap. How the guitarist from Fleetwood Mac can still be making music that's relevent AND good is just beyond me. But he is. And it's just flooring me.

I mean, this CD sounds much closer to something like Animal Collective than anything from the 70's. And it's GREAT. GOD.

So, is there anything else by this guy that's impressed anyone here? Because this CD is just great. And it's mainly just him and an acoustic guitar, too. Which brings me to the point, HOW GOOD IS THIS GUY AT GUITAR?!? Anyway, I'm gushing now. But this CD is really good. And I want more.

plzkthx :heart:

XHendrix24 said:
Of course I'm talking about Under the Skin released last year.

I picked it up yesterday after hearing some of his songs from Tusk, and holy crap. How the guitarist from Fleetwood Mac can still be making music that's relevent AND good is just beyond me. But he is. And it's just flooring me.

I mean, this CD sounds much closer to something like Animal Collective than anything from the 70's. And it's GREAT. GOD.

So, is there anything else by this guy that's impressed anyone here? Because this CD is just great. And it's mainly just him and an acoustic guitar, too. Which brings me to the point, HOW GOOD IS THIS GUY AT GUITAR?!? Anyway, I'm gushing now. But this CD is really good. And I want more.

plzkthx :heart:

i saw him with the Mac around 2003 and he still blows me away.! Awesome guitarist hands down!:wink:

Fleetwood Mac was my first musical love
and I still rate Lindsey Buckingham as my favourite guitar player
I know no other guitar player who can work with subtle nuances like Buckingham
everything sounds so effortlessly great

Under the skin was in my top 3 faourite albums of 2006
even better than the already great Out of the cradle was

:up:

Yeah, I just got into it about a month ago, and it's brilliant! I love Trying for the Sun and Down on Rodeo.:drool:

I just heard him perform one of his new songs on Ellen this morning, it was AMAZING :drool:

I'm going to assume it's from the album released last year....anyone know for sure?

I might have to pick it up!

Back
Top Bottom