Holy crap, this looks weird...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we saw the trailer for that too..and it does look very odd...

I never read the book..maybe i should...
I love the original movie though....

did you see the tim burton movie " Big Fish"? that was an awesome show I thought

I'm looking forward to it. :up:

I dunno...I had heard that this version is supposed to be closer to the book and be much darker in nature. That may still be the case, as trailers are often misleading (sometimes you want to smack these film executives).

Melon

Oh my God! YES YES YES! I've been looking forward to this movie for so long it's crazy. The original film was one of my all time favorites as a child, and I still love it. This one sure looks....umm...different in a terrifically Time Burton kind of way. I'm really looking forward to seeing Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, but for me, nobody will be able to beat Gene Wilder's performance in the original.

I absolutely adore the original, but since I'm a huge slobbering fan for Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, I've been dying for this ever since I heard about it. :hyper:

woo hoo - tim burton and roald dahl is a dream combination!!

the company i work for is doing some of the VFX for this - not involved myself yet (soon hopefully) and only seen a tiny weeny bit of it so far but i'm really really looking forward to it!

jonny depp is going to be amazing!

The first movie scared the crap out of me too. Part of the problem was that my mom made me see it when I was far too young to really comprehend it. It wasn't the oompa loompas that scared me, it was the fact that naughty children would just disapear down a chute or something and never be heard from again. I thought that something similar might happen to me if I didn't behave myself. However, I think that now that I am older and enjoy being frightened a little bit, seeing this new version could be a much better experience.

Also, I am a big fan of Tim Burton and I love it when he and Johnny Depp work together. Really looking forward to this one!

Calluna said:
The first movie scared the crap out of me too. Part of the problem was that my mom made me see it when I was far too young to really comprehend it. It wasn't the oompa loompas that scared me, it was the fact that naughty children would just disapear down a chute or something and never be heard from again. I thought that something similar might happen to me if I didn't behave myself. However, I think that now that I am older and enjoy being frightened a little bit, seeing this new version could be a much better experience.

Also, I am a big fan of Tim Burton and I love it when he and Johnny Depp work together. Really looking forward to this one!

The children being 'punished' scared the crap outta me too....:yikes:

Diane L said:
"Ed Wood" is finally available in DVD, and is an extremely interesting movie that's well worth watching--another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaboration.

"Ed Wood" is great! I really liked it. It's one of those movies where I can't remember/believe it's Johnny Depp.

I think Edward Scissorhands might be my favorite Burton-Depp movie.

elevatedmole said:
I absolutely adore the original, but since I'm a huge slobbering fan for Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, I've been dying for this ever since I heard about it. :hyper:

Me too!! I can't wait to see this, Johnny Depp is so weirdly versatile :| I also can't wait to see Tim Burton's new stop motion animation The Corpse Bride. Not sure when that will be released though.

Lancemc said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, but for me, nobody will be able to beat Gene Wilder's performance in the original.

I adore Johnny Depp. I think the man can do pretty much anything; he's that talented. That said, I agree with you that Gene Wilder's performance is unbeatable.

I'm looking forward to this, but the trailer did scare me a little. :ohmy:

ultrraviolette said:

Me too!! I can't wait to see this, Johnny Depp is so weirdly versatile :| I also can't wait to see Tim Burton's new stop motion animation The Corpse Bride. Not sure when that will be released though.

Oh yeah! I keep forgetting about that one. I think it comes out Fall 2005.

johnny depp rules. i don't like tim burton. the original willy wonka movie scared the hell out of me just cos everything in it is so goddamn creepy.

i will definetly not be seeing this cos it looks scary as hell.

I've never read the book, but I hear this is much closer to the original. I saw the trailer...and yes, Depp does look like a vampire. Should be interesting.

on the subject of depp can do anything...
when i saw him in "Blow" and he and Penelope Cruz were having thier adventurous S&M love scene...it was so lame...i laughed

otherwise ..hes just fabulous

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom