Holy crap! The Led Zeppelin Reunion thread!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsreports2424

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
OK, moving on to happier stories, such as...dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a Zeppelin tour that'll hopefully kick off in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars (more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free...

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

2nd paragraph

YAY!!!! :ohmy:

Oh My God if this happens count me in as going to see them Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true, the rush for tix will be beyond ridiculous! There are few bands in the world with a following as big as Zeppelin! :ohmy:

*jerking-off gesture*

I don't really care. Ticket prices are going to be absurd, they're probably going to sound weak, and well, whatever. Glad you're all happy about it, though. :)

I saw Page & Plant together on tour and it was great. But I don't know about this. Bonham was in a way the heart of this band, and his son filling in just doesn't cut it. If he learned anything from his father's demise, he's not a fucking maniac, and perhaps that's exactly what will be missing, what made them special.

Check back with me when they actually record some new material. If they can put out anything as good as The Who's Endless Wire, I'll be impressed.

lazarus said:
I saw Page & Plant together on tour and it was great. But I don't know about this. Bonham was in a way the heart of this band, and his son filling in just doesn't cut it. If he learned anything from his father's demise, he's not a fucking maniac, and perhaps that's exactly what will be missing, what made them special.

Check back with me when they actually record some new material. If they can put out anything as good as The Who's Endless Wire, I'll be impressed.

Almost like The Who touring with Ringo's son replacing Keith Moon.

I'm not so sure about any of this yet...I'll believe it when they all set foot on stage together.

.....And then I'll try to get tickets. :drool:

I would not be surprised if they emphasize their eclectic material, or rearrange certain songs in a more world-beat fashion, as Page & Plant did with Unledded (Four Sticks, Friends, a new take on Kashmir, etc.) and Robert did on his recent tour (Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Black Dog, etc.). Otherwise, I am glad to see JPJ on board, even if I retain some skepticism as to the veracity of the whole report.

I posted about this last night in another thread:

http://forum.interference.com/t178535.html

excerpt:

The surviving members of the British band widely held to have redefined rock music - and how to indulge in its hedonistic excesses - are set to play their first full-scale concert in 27 years with a one-off appearance in November at the O2 venue in Greenwich, south-east London.

Why not give Jason Bonham a chance??? It's not like you can bring Bonzo back from the grave now, can you? Would you people rather have no reunion at all?

I don't agree with the Moon/Bonham comparison. Moon had a lot of heart, but creatively he didn't have nearly the impact that Bonham did.

Also, while Led Zeppelin called it quits immediately, The Who did go on to make more music, and whether you're a fan of the post-Moon Who or not, Face Dances and It's Hard both have some good material. I will agree that Endless Wire is difficult to classify as The Who without the presence of Entwhistle, though I believe the new album has merit on its own.

And lazarus continues to be one of of the most intelligent posters on these forums. :up:

I don't understand why certain people here want to discount the whole thing just because Bonham is dead and obviously can't be part of it.

I completely understand why people would have a problem with, say, what Queen is doing. Freddie Mercury WAS Queen. No Freddie, no Queen. That really is absolutely true. But Bonham is the third name people think of when they think Led Zeppelin. Page and Plant are always 1 & 2 and they always will be. That is NOT a sleight on Bonham. That's just a testament to the incredible amount of talent Led Zeppelin had.

Without Bonham, it won't be EXACTLY the same. Of course it won't. But my God, it's not like they picked some punk drummer from one of the bands of the day to just replace Bonham as if he was nothing. It's John Bonham's son we're talking about. Plant/Page/Jones and Jason have probably known each other forever. Considering his father died when he was just 14, and considering that his father was in a band with these guys for the first 14 years of Jason's life, I wouldn't be surprised if there's even some substitute father-son type vibes, or at least cool uncle-nephew-that's-like-a-son vibes, existing between Plant/Page/Jones and Jason. And from everything I read, Jason can play all of Bonham's parts near perfectly.

Jason Bonham is not John Bonham.

But it would it kill you to give it a chance before dismissing it so nonchalantly?

Last edited:
Well said, nam! It's not like they're pulling an INXS and doing a reality show to find a drummer! Geez! It's Bonham's son for crying out loud! That said, what INXS did to find JD may have been cringeworthy but... he is actually not bad at all IMO.. he's no Hutchence but few people are.

Anyway, since you mentioned Queen... at the risk of getting slaughtered here, I have to say George Michael made an excellent Freddie Mercury on Five Live EP. Somebody To Love :drool:

It's about fucking time.

Now: when is U2 reuniting?

Back
Top Bottom