Holy crap! The Led Zeppelin Reunion thread!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 08:55 AM
I'll take any Zep in any shape or form for however money. I just wish that damn website would work!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Got in! Signed up!

Woo-Hoo! 1 in 20,000,000 chance of being able to buy 2 tickets.

So ridiculous!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #78
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Got in! Signed up!

Woo-Hoo! 1 in 20,000,000 chance of being able to buy 2 tickets.

So ridiculous!
O2 holds 20,000

so there are 10,000 chances

So your odds are 1 in 20,000

Not too shabby...........

Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Actually, I just read the whole thing and they've only released 14,500 tickets with some extra left over for V.I.P.s and a couple different package deals.

I just entered for fun. I live in Southern California. As much as I LOVE Led Zeppelin, I'm not sure I could make the trek to London just for one show.

We'll see.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #80
She's the One

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
As much as I LOVE Led Zeppelin, I'm not sure I could make the trek to London just for one show.

We'll see.

Dooooooooooo it.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

O2 holds 20,000

so there are 10,000 chances

So your odds are 1 in 20,000

Not too shabby...........

Those are not the odds lol.

1 in 20,000,000 is much better.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #82
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02

Those are not the odds lol.

1 in 20,000,000 is much better.
Assuming a 20,000 seat capacity (we know it will be slightly less now, what I posted were the odds.

It's 1 in 20,000,000 if only 1 ticket is available to the general public
Old 09-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #83
War Child

Local Time: 03:55 PM
So now it's only a one time thing? Bummer. Good to see they're leaving the door open for possible additional shows in the future.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:17 AM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

NO LED ZEPPELIN TOUR AFTER LONDON SHOW, ROBERT PLANT SAYS

Friday, 28 September 2007

Statement comes just days after Dave Grohl offered his drumming services for a Zep tour. by Chris Harris, with additional reporting by Jem Aswad Ever since the three living members of Led Zeppelin confirmed earlier this month that they'll be reuniting for a gig at the O2 Arena in London on November 26, the rumor mill has been rife with speculation that the band - frontman Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones, with Jason Bonham filling in on drums for his late father, John - would follow the appearance with a full-blown tour. But that won't be happening, Plant told British music mag Uncut. He told the mag that November's concert - in honor of Ahmet Ertegun, who signed the band to Atlantic Records in 1969 and died last year at the age of 83 (see "Atlantic Records Co-Founder Ahmet Ertegun Dies") - will be a one-time deal: "There'll be one show and that'll be it," he's quoted as saying. The benefit concert will also feature performances by other Atlantic artists past and present, including Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Paolo Nutini and Foreigner.

"We need to do one last great show because we've done some shows and they've been crap," Plant said. The group disbanded after John Bonham's death from alcohol poisoning in 1980. Plant, Page and Jones performed at Live Aid in 1985 (with Phil Collins and Chic's Tony Thompson tag-teaming on drums) and at the Atlantic Records 40th anniversary show in 1988 with Jason Bonham; they also performed at Jason's wedding. Page and Plant joined forces for two albums and a world tour in the mid-'90s and have performed together sporadically over the years. However, Plant asserted that there will be no tour after the forthcoming show. "Not for me," he told the mag. "But I can't speak for anyone else." The singer said he's actually looking forward to bringing his music career to a close. "I know I'm getting on," he said. "When I do come back from touring, I'm shocked to find a lot of my mates tend to be going to bed far too early, and that means I should probably be doing the same. Maybe I should stop having a good time and get old." The singer recently collaborated with bluegrass artist Alison Krauss on an album called Raising Sand, which comes out next month.

Plant's comments came just days after Foo Fighter frontman Dave Grohl apparently volunteered his services for just such a tour. After saying that he plans to sneak his way into the long-sold-out London show, the former Nirvana drummer added that he wouldn't mind manning the kit for Zep if needed. "[I am] at their beck and call," he told British music weekly the New Musical Express, adding that if he were asked to play with the Zeppelin, "What the f--- do you think I'd be saying? I'd say, 'Hey [Foo Fighters bandmates] Chris [Shiflett] and Taylor [Hawkins], let's take a little break for a few days, I'll see ya later!' But I don't expect that to happen." Grohl further acknowledged that Jason Bonham is the perfect choice to replace his father: "Jason should be the one. Everyone knows that. He's a f---ing phenomenal drummer." Grohl's publicist did not confirm the NME quotes specifically, but noted that he's heard the drummer express great enthusiasm at the prospect of playing with Zeppelin.

This report is from MTV News.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:35 AM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:55 AM
Hopefully they're not slobbering all over the stage a la Live Aid.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
NO LED ZEPPELIN TOUR AFTER LONDON SHOW, ROBERT PLANT SAYS

Friday, 28 September 2007

"We need to do one last great show because we've done some shows and they've been crap," Plant said."
Let's hope they can live-up to this statement!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:55 AM
YES!
they should do a tour, its obvious they need to
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #88
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:55 AM
my two cents' worth of ambivalence

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
"We need to do one last great show because we've done some shows and they've been crap," Plant said.
It relaxes me a bit to hear him say that. They've already played together without Bonzo, so they can't really be accused of tarnishing his or their legacy by doing it again now. And maybe on the contrary they can actually erase my lingering memories of the Live Aid and Atlantic Records fiascos, which youtubers refuse to let die. It should be illegal to post that '85 version of Stairway. (Have you ever heard Phil Collins' take on that performance? It's a riot. He admits that he didn't show up for rehearsal, and then blames Tony Thompson for everything.)
That said, of course, none of the other reunions were full gigs, or even close. This time around the band will "play all the songs everyone wants to hear," so that means stairway, and dazed, and all that. And it also means that presumably we're going to get a full set of songs, rather than two-and-a-half hours of five songs, which is probably just as well because I can't imagine they could jam together too well without a ton of touring behind them.
If Bonham were alive, all this would be moot. But what people have said in this thread has been right on - Bonham was the greatest rock drummer ever, on a completely different plane even from Moon, and what he brought to Zeppelin was every bit as important as what the other three brought. There are moments in Zep songs when I am moved almost to tears by the drumming - or rather, by the way the drums interact with the bass and guitar and vocals. In the end it doesn't matter how good Jason is, because even if he were Ginger Baker and Keith Moon rolled into one, he wouldn't be Bonzo. It's not all about technical skill.
None of this means that the show can't kick some serious ass. If I had the money to pay ten thousand dollars for a scalped ticket and to fly to London, I'd do it without regret. But it won't really be Zep.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Provided it 'works' and they sound good and really into it and everything, I think it has the potential to be an amazing tour. Just look at the catalog they have at their disposal...

Dazed And Confuzed
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love
What Is And What Should Never Be
Heartbreaker
Livin' Lovin' Made
Ramble On
Moby Dick
Immigrant Song
Friends
Gallow's Pole
Tangerine
That's The Way
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
The Battle Of Evermore
Stairway To Heaven
Misty Mountain Hop
Going To California
The Song Remains The Same
Over The Hills
Dancing Days
D'Yer Mak'er
The Rover
Houses Of The Holy
Kashmir
In The Light
Bron-Yr-Aur
Down By The Seaside
Ten Years Gone
Achilles Last Stand
All My Love

To say that Led Zeppelin was an incredible rock band is an understatement.
Wheere the hell is Since I've been Loving You?????
Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:55 AM
I bet its a publicity stunt. of course they are going to say this because they want to sell out and then a month later bam they are out on tour.

Tags
led zeppelin