Holy Crap, And I Thought Other Days Sucked...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Okay...

I know that in this supposed "grand scheme" of life, this stuff is nothing, but...at this very moment...to me...it's enough to ruin my day...and other days to come.

I need to pick up my paycheck and work on a presentation for class. To do both of those, I have to go out to the college. After driving a half hour in the rain, I arrive. I grab my backpack and my binder and begin to walk to the building. I was holding my binder upside down, and my floppy (containing the papers I had written and just need to print out) slipped out of the pocket and fell in a mud puddle. The floppy is ruined. It won't work.

Okay...well...I figure I'll get my paycheck...that will cheer me up!

I'm almost to the cashier's office when I remember that I left my wallet at home...I have no I.D. on me, so I can't pick up my check.

Okay...well...I'll call a friend back home...that will cheer me up!

I go to grab my cell phone, and I realize that I left my cell phone at home (probably next to my damn wallet).

Okay...well...I'll go to the computer lab I need to use to work on my presentation...at least I can get that done!

I go to the wing with the lab, and there is no lab assistant on duty. Since I'm a lab assistant myself, I look in the desk for the keys...they aren't there. So I decide to walk down to the room. I see Brett a technician in there, and I knock on the door. He informed me that I cannot use that room because they are imaging all of the systems.

So, basically, I drove what will be an hour, round trip, through the rain to come here, and the only thing I accomplished was coming here to bitch.

Kill me now.

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight...

images

Hmm...will this help?
smile.gif

------------------

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I'm sorrie, sweetie.. Just think about today being Friday - and that NO ONE can rain on your parade on Friday!!
wink.gif

When I'm sad or aggravated, I always go play with one of my kitties and everything's better.

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

on the up side
tomorrow can only be better
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom