Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Fun police, what's a paper plane going to do?

OH NOEZ IT COOD POKE SUMBODIEZ EYE OUT.

It seemed they were pretty lenient until one reached the pitch, at least.

I love how there've been attempts to ban the Mexican wave. Come the fuck on!

phanan said:

I do enjoy some Prince, although certainly not everything. He sometimes gets a bit too excessive for his own good.

But The Cross is a damn fine song. The guy can certainly rock the fuck out when he wants to. He should've done it more often.

PT did a cover of The Cross? :ohmy: I've never heard that. I'll have to check it out.

I absolutely could not tolerate that awful Prince song in LMP's tracklist. I think it's the worst song in the whole tournament, at least of those I've heard.

I will listen to The Cross, as I've already downloaded your tracklist and it's up next, once I'm done with LM's. If I remember correctly, the live version of it where Bono makes a guest appearance isn't bad.

And yes, PT did it! It's the final track on Tarquin's Seaweed Farm: The Cross / Hole / Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape.

Axver said:

OH NOEZ IT COOD POKE SUMBODIEZ EYE OUT.

It seemed they were pretty lenient until one reached the pitch, at least.

I love how there've been attempts to ban the Mexican wave. Come the fuck on!

I like the mexican wave at cricket.

I hate the mexican wave at Warriors games. Luckily it only happens when the rugby tag-alongs turn up, which isn't often

coolian2 said:

I like the mexican wave at cricket.

I hate the mexican wave at Warriors games. Luckily it only happens when the rugby tag-alongs turn up, which isn't often

The Mexican wave is a part of cricket. Killing it is just dumb.

Can't really speak for union/league as I don't go. I prefer to watch rugby on TV due to my vision. I can follow and enjoy cricket live, but rugby's not that fun for me live. Stupid fucking vision.

Axver said:

The Mexican wave is a part of cricket. Killing it is just dumb.

Can't really speak for union/league as I don't go. I prefer to watch rugby on TV due to my vision. I can follow and enjoy cricket live, but rugby's not that fun for me live. Stupid fucking vision.

That sucks.

But i can't see the ball at cricket...how can you?

coolian2 said:

That sucks.

But i can't see the ball at cricket...how can you?

Binoculars!

I find trying to follow rugby with binoculars to be really shithouse though.

coolian2 said:
Even at one day games i usually lose the ball in the crowd.

Rugby with binoculars would probably be annoying, yeah.

I find the white ball isn't too hard to pick out. If it's hit up and I lose it in the crowd, I just look at the fielders in the direction it was hit and find it based on where they're running.

Oddly enough, I enjoy AFL live more than rugby. Well, as long as it's a free-flowing, high scoring game, because then it's not getting bogged down in tackles. Tackles are what fuck over rugby for me. Unless it's at just the right angle, I've got bugger all idea of what's going on even with binoculars.

coolian2 said:
I usually have no trouble spotting the white ball.

And who, at the best of times knows what the fuck is happen at the breakdown in rugby?

The red ball fucks me up. I don't go to Tests much for that reason. I even lose it when it's just hit along the ground.

:lol: I knew you'd say something like that. :wink: I quite enjoy it when I can see on TV what's going on, who's trying to get the ball out, the forwards lining up to try to crash over in some trench warfare or the halfback aiming to clear it to the backs. But live, I lose all that, especially if it's happening down the other end of the field.

Hell, that happens in all sports for me though. The far side of the field might as well not exist.

OK, done with LM's tracklist. Got a whole list of commentary to share when people who care about it are around. Now I'm listening to a couple of my own PT songs before moving onto phanan's list. I hope it sounds as brilliant as it looks on paper.

I don't get people who want to be down on the sidelines at sport. I always get the highest seat possible. The 'Gabba's highest seats are fucking AWESOME for cricket.

I need to see some cricket at the MCG. I've seen the AFL grand final there, though. Saw it in 2003 when the Lions handed Collingwood their arse on a platter.

Oh shit, I just realised something. Do I listen to phanan's list or watch the Twenty20?

Ian, care to do me a favour and check cricinfo? I believe our broadcast is over 90 minutes delayed, so without giving away what the score currently is, can you tell me if it looks like a game worth watching? I mean, nobody needs to see a Twenty20 like that one earlier this year when Australia brutalised India at the G, so if it's like that I might as well just listen to phanan's list.

Axver said:
Oh shit, I just realised something. Do I listen to phanan's list or watch the Twenty20?

Ian, care to do me a favour and check cricinfo? I believe our broadcast is over 90 minutes delayed, so without giving away what the score currently is, can you tell me if it looks like a game worth watching? I mean, nobody needs to see a Twenty20 like that one earlier this year when Australia brutalised India at the G, so if it's like that I might as well just listen to phanan's list.

Is it the one with Chennai playing?

coolian2 said:
Current situation suggests it might be a pretty good watch, to be honest.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it. I've just put it on. It's in the second over and Sreesanth is taking a pounding, Patel hit fours off the first three balls.

Chennai have nice, bright uniforms that I like. Punjab's is rather bland, kinda reminds me of the days when New Zealand had mediocre grey uniforms. Not as bad as the beige era though!

Mike Hussey and Matty Hayden batting right now, it might as well be Australia vs Punjab.

And cricket purists must be having a heart attack watching this game.

I'm just grateful Channel 10 hasn't decided to do its own commentary. We've got some Indian commentary and it kicks the shit out of non-Benaud Aussie commentary.

coolian2 said:
I'll have to catch the highlights or something at a later date.

Do you know if Sky or anyone else is going to be showing many games from the tournament?

Axver said:
So far, we've visited:

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl, aka Fuck Vowels
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Orange Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Lamethreadlocation, US of Lamerica
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- disqualified
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost)
- Dildo, Newfoundland
- Haiku Valley, Hawaii

Now we move on to the Hole of Horcum, part of the valley of the Lewisham Beck in England's North York Moors. Legend says it was made by a giant. One wonders what for ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hole_of_Horcum

Giggleswick, Wetwang and now you're in the Hole of Horcum. This thread is really convincing me that we need to try harder in North Yorkshire when it comes to coming up with names for places...

coolian2 said:
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'd close my window to keep the warmth in but i love my fresh air.

I do that all the time during winter.

Re: Re: Hole of Horcum Superthread

TheQuiet1 said:

Giggleswick, Wetwang and now you're in the Hole of Horcum. This thread is really convincing me that we need to try harder in North Yorkshire when it comes to coming up with names for places...

These names are awesome. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom