Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey PFan. :wave:

Just listening to LM's list right now.

45ed x6

coolian2 said:

Sky? With cricket? Hell, it was only four years ago they didn't even broadcast a test series in Sri Lanka

Good non-existent God.

Whatever happened to cricket being our second sport?

coolian2 said:

Rugby's always on!

I love the AFL channel here and the random shit they show mid-summer. Oooh yeah, let's watch some random round 10 game from 1979.

Though I heard it's now stopped broadcasting. Not being somebody who has pay TV, I wouldn't know either way.

coolian2 said:
Between the two of us we have over 150 of the 156 posts here!

:lmao:

EVERYBODY ELSE = OWNED.

This is like when Kim and I owned one thread and showed those American pretenders.

Axver said:

I love the AFL channel here and the random shit they show mid-summer. Oooh yeah, let's watch some random round 10 game from 1979.

Though I heard it's now stopped broadcasting. Not being somebody who has pay TV, I wouldn't know either way.

I remember staying somewhere in Sydney a few years ago that had that channel, and i flicked it on because the AFL GF had been on a week earlier so i wondered what they showed....

They had the grand final on, overlaid with a microphone feed from the coaches box.

coolian2 said:

I remember staying somewhere in Sydney a few years ago that had that channel, and i flicked it on because the AFL GF had been on a week earlier so i wondered what they showed....

They had the grand final on, overlaid with a microphone feed from the coaches box.

:lmao: That sounds like it would have been strangely brilliant comedy.

coolian2 said:

I wish i'd bothered to keep watching, but i got bored.

I'd love to see something like that done for the grand final last year. I can imagine it now.

Early in the third quarter
Geelong coach: Fuck, I forgot to bring a book to read. Anybody want to play cards?
Port coach: *weeping*

Axver said:

I'd love to see something like that done for the grand final last year. I can imagine it now.

Early in the third quarter
Geelong coach: Fuck, I forgot to bring a book to read. Anybody want to play cards?
Port coach: *weeping*

:laugh:

Geelong coach: Check out the blonde in the sixth row
Port coach: *back of the coaches box checking out the quickest route to the bus*

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

Geelong coach: Check out the blonde in the sixth row
Port coach: *back of the coaches box checking out the quickest route to the bus*

At about this point, the Port coach realises he is sooo fired and weeps even more.

:lol:

Though I thought XXXX was just a Queensland phenomenon. I've no idea what the SA bogan beer is. Where's Bonnie?

coolian2 said:
I don't know exactly, i just needed to name a bogan beer nice and quick.

And where is Bonnie?

I think she's busy with life. :tsk:

XXXX beer just about makes my skin crawl. When I was about 14-15, I went to see Queensland vs NSW in the cricket at the 'Gabba and this one guy sitting down my aisle was one of the biggest bogans ever - both in attitude and physical size. He wore this gaudy XXXX shirt and got up about every 30 minutes to get more XXXX. By the end of the game, he was spilling the stuff everywhere - luckily we weren't in his firing line. I think he was unconscious by the end of the game.

Great game though, mainly due to the crowd. Everybody got bored in the middle of one team's innings, I forget whose now, and began making paper planes and throwing them onto the field. One made it all the way to the pitch!

phanan said:

Holy shit, you're right. Apparently I fucked up the length of the God Is An Astronaut song by accident.

How the hell did I do that?

:ohmy:

Now what?

Axver said:

I think she's busy with life. :tsk:

XXXX beer just about makes my skin crawl. When I was about 14-15, I went to see Queensland vs NSW in the cricket at the 'Gabba and this one guy sitting down my aisle was one of the biggest bogans ever - both in attitude and physical size. He wore this gaudy XXXX shirt and got up about every 30 minutes to get more XXXX. By the end of the game, he was spilling the stuff everywhere - luckily we weren't in his firing line. I think he was unconscious by the end of the game.

Great game though, mainly due to the crowd. Everybody got bored in the middle of one team's innings, I forget whose now, and began making paper planes and throwing them onto the field. One made it all the way to the pitch!

Cricket crowds are the best.

I remember one guy at Eden Park who not only made a paper dart make it to the field, but also land and dig it's nose into the turf.

coolian2 said:

Cricket crowds are the best.

I remember one guy at Eden Park who not only made a paper dart make it to the field, but also land and dig it's nose into the turf.

Hah, that's awesome.

The amount of paper planes people were throwing was incredible. Plenty of them were landing in the outfield. The crowd began cheering any that got to the infield. It seemed like most of us stopped paying attention to the game and waited for somebody to throw one that reached the pitch.

Not long after one did, the cops started really clamping down on people throwing planes. I saw a few people evicted.

phanan said:

I'm gonna have to remove a song.

:hmm:

My Bloody Valentine would transition into God Is An Astronaut on its own anyway, so I guess I'll ditch the Prince song.

Ah well, no big deal there. I was going for more diversity with that one, anyway. :wink:

Well, that's fine by me, as I don't like Prince in the first place. :wink:

Though there's an early version of PT's Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape that opens with a cover of The Cross that's pretty fucking sweet.

Axver said:

Hah, that's awesome.

The amount of paper planes people were throwing was incredible. Plenty of them were landing in the outfield. The crowd began cheering any that got to the infield. It seemed like most of us stopped paying attention to the game and waited for somebody to throw one that reached the pitch.

Not long after one did, the cops started really clamping down on people throwing planes. I saw a few people evicted.

Fun police, what's a paper plane going to do?

Axver said:

Well, that's fine by me, as I don't like Prince in the first place. :wink:

Though there's an early version of PT's Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape that opens with a cover of The Cross that's pretty fucking sweet.

I do enjoy some Prince, although certainly not everything. He sometimes gets a bit too excessive for his own good.

But The Cross is a damn fine song. The guy can certainly rock the fuck out when he wants to. He should've done it more often.

PT did a cover of The Cross? :ohmy: I've never heard that. I'll have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom