Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Clarkson just tried cooking meals on a car's motor. The lamb turned out tasting "like petrol ... a bit castrol oily".

Jeremy Clarkson is a fucking legend.

coolian2 said:

:up:

I wish i'd remember to watch it more.

They're currently showing repeats from the very first season, which apparently haven't actually been shown on Aussie television before.

A couple of weeks ago, Clarkson had me in absolute fits of laughter when he was mocking how Americans pronounce the name of every car brand wrong - Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this in the US. Seriously, Americans, WTF kind of a car is a Nee-sahn?

Axver said:

They're currently showing repeats from the very first season, which apparently haven't actually been shown on Aussie television before.

A couple of weeks ago, Clarkson had me in absolute fits of laughter when he was mocking how Americans pronounce the name of every car brand wrong - Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, etc. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this in the US. Seriously, Americans, WTF kind of a car is a Nee-sahn?

:lol:

He's right too.

Knee-Sahn is the one the irritates me the most.

coolian2 said:

He's right too.

Knee-Sahn is the one the irritates me the most.

Nee-sahn and Mozduh are the two that irritate me the most. Seriously, how do you fuck up Mazda?!

coolian2 said:
Holy shit, how did i get to 55 posts in this thread already?

I'll still get beaten by Axver and probably also Andrew though

Yeah, well, I'm starting LemonMelon's DI tracklist right now, and certainly if I keep a running diary, I'll end up with a shitload of posts.

At the moment, I think I'll put it in a Word file and post it when he's around. Or when the thread looks on the verge of death.

coolian2 said:
Seriously, fuck that black and grey shit the Warriors normally play in. Switch to blue at home and this when there's a clash. I'd be a happy camper.

Wow, I'm unobservant. I didn't realise the Warriors were playing in black and grey now. I think of them as playing in blue.

coolian2 said:
I can't say i've heard an American butcher Toyota, unless i'm butchering it too.

How do they supposedly say it?

Clarkson imitated it as something like Taah-yo-tuh. Imagine a serious Southern drawl on the first syllable.

coolian2 said:

Oh yeah, i can maybe get that. Sounds like an accent thing moreso though.

Yeah, you could differentiate between those that are actually pronounced wrong (Nissan, Mazda, Jaguar) and those that were more of an accent issue (Toyota, Mitsubishi). But since Clarkson's known for mocking American accents too, I think the distinction's moot. :wink:

I think my distaste for America has nothing on Clarkson's! :lol:

Well, the thread's dying. So here's my notes on LM's tracklist thus far!

1. The Moody Blues – “Dawn: Dawn Is A Feeling” – Days Of Future Passed (3:49)
Alright. Unobjectionable. Starts the tracklist nicely enough.

2. The Magic Numbers – “Mornings Eleven” – The Magic Numbers (5:32)
Singer's voice is truly irritating and lacking control.

3. Prince – “Play In The Sunshine” – Sign O The Times (5:05)
Sort of irritating but far preferable to that woeful song in LMP's list.

Segue into Grass works well.

4. XTC – “Grass” – Skylarking (3:06)
Not a bad song. Enjoyed listening to it.

5. The Flaming Lips – “Buggin” – The Soft Bulletin (3:16)
One of the less objectionable Flaming Lips songs I've heard and I kind of enjoyed it. Still not terribly good though.

6. The Velvet Underground – “Sweet Jane” – Loaded: Fully Loaded Edition (4:07)
Eh ... kinda bothersome on its own but it fits well.

7. Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl” – Blowin’ Your Mind (3:03)
Huh, I didn't realise this was Van Morrison. I've never been that keen on it and don't know if it'd bother with it out of context, but it's working here.

More LM commentary.

8. Supergrass – “Alright” – Supergrass Is 10: Best Of 1994-2004 (3:03)
This tracklist is so fucking summery! This is just driving home the general atmosphere. I'd love some death metal to be right around the corner.

Axver said:

Got some woeful Channel 9 feed or something?

No, because i don't think Channel 9 know the Warriors exist. I'd prefer Channel 9 to this drivel.

6 on 3 overlap, of course the winger has to come in. They put a grubber behind him and he gets bullshit about how it's always so easy to score tries through kicks against him, not to mention the usual bullshit about them being flamboyant islanders who run out of puff after 15 minutes etc.

But tonight has been a particularly disgraceful effort. I honestly think they read the thread of Warriors stereotypes on leagueunlimited and decided to run through all of them just to piss us off.

Hey, Ian, see the IPL's already under way? McCullum slugged 158 not out off 73 for Kolkata.

coolian2 said:

No, because i don't think Channel 9 know the Warriors exist. I'd prefer Channel 9 to this drivel.

6 on 3 overlap, of course the winger has to come in. They put a grubber behind him and he gets bullshit about how it's always so easy to score tries through kicks against him, not to mention the usual bullshit about them being flamboyant islanders who run out of puff after 15 minutes etc.

But tonight has been a particularly disgraceful effort. I honestly think they read the thread of Warriors stereotypes on leagueunlimited and decided to run through all of them just to piss us off.

:lol: Wow. But that's Aussie commentary for you. Just mindless cliches and drivel. I don't know how Richie Benaud became so fucking good with all these hacks around him in commentary boxes nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom