Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Well, by your logic, singing is a ridiculous form of communication too, since nobody's going to walk up to you and try to communicate by song.

I'd be pretty fucking disturbed if I went up to the counter at the supermarket and they either sung or growled "how are you, do you need a bag for that?" at me. Doesn't make it ridiculous in context though.

I honestly don't get the fuss about the growls, to be honest. I mean, it's like being pissed off because somebody sings in the key of A or whatever. So what?

Yeah, my comparison is crap. :laugh: Regardless, growling your vocals and singing them in a different key is an equally ridiculous comparison.

They just sound so unnatural to me.

Varitek said:

like they ever check ooc?

Who knows? Someone might have a favorite movie that ends with G, and they want to find one that starts with that, too.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, my comparison is crap. :laugh: Regardless, growling your vocals and singing them in a different key is an equally ridiculous comparison.

But it's so hardcore.

LemonMelon said:

Considering that I understand growls just as clearly as normal vocals, I don't see an issue. So some vocals are deep, some are high, some are falsetto, some are growled. That's just what it is.

coolian2 said:

Well, yeah, this is a good point. I think over half the Superthreaders are PLEBAns. At least the Aussie crew. But we've got the cool ones. Do we really want to attract MORE?

Axver said:

Considering that I understand growls just as clearly as normal vocals, I don't see an issue. So some vocals are deep, some are high, some are falsetto, some are growled. That's just what it is.

There are falsetto growls? :ohmy:

LemonMelon said:

There are falsetto growls? :ohmy:

No. Sorry, did I not word that clearly? I mean that some songs have falsetto vocals (Lemon or whatever), some have baritone vocals (Ian Curtis), some have death vocals, and so on and so forth.

Axver said:

Well, yeah, this is a good point. I think over half the Superthreaders are PLEBAns. At least the Aussie crew. But we've got the cool ones. Do we really want to attract MORE?

whatever, the uncool ones can't keep up with us. i wanna go to bono some day.

Axver said:

No. Sorry, did I not word that clearly? I mean that some songs have falsetto vocals (Lemon or whatever), some have baritone vocals (Ian Curtis), some have death vocals, and so on and so forth.

Ahh, I see.

But now I do wonder if there is some sort of variance between death growls.

Axver said:

I don't think any of us ever want to encounter Jamila more than we must.

Axver said:

Axver said:

Axver said:

Axver said:

coolian2 said:
Jesus Ax, you're going to crack 300 easy in this thread.

Don't think I'm going to pass Andrew's record for most posts in a thread though.

And I realised sometime last night when you and I were owning this place, I must've passed 44,000.

coolian2 said:
Jesus Ax, you're going to crack 300 easy in this thread.

wow, and i assume he wasn't postwhoring about absolutely nothing every 15 seconds like tourist does (annoyingly, even if there's 1-2 other people around) so it's impressive.

i'm gonna crack 100 is my goal

LemonMelon said:

Ahh, I see.

But now I do wonder if there is some sort of variance between death growls.

Actually, yes. Especially between black metal and death metal. Black metal utilises what is really a hiss or a rasp.

And of course, some growlers are clearer and more comprehensible than others, but I view that in much the same way as some singers enunciate and some don't.

OH. And then there's Demilich. They're the death metal band for elitists to wank over and for the rest of us to laugh at. Their vocalist's "growls" are ... burps. Or might as well be. It's hilariously bad.

Varitek said:

wow, and i assume he wasn't postwhoring about absolutely nothing every 15 seconds like tourist does (annoyingly, even if there's 1-2 other people around) so it's impressive.

i'm gonna crack 100 is my goal

:up:

I hope i can get to 200. I was on track for about 600 last night.

bono_212 said:

But do you want to be IN Bono someday, that's MY question

does my tongue in his mouth count? or bono in me?

/pleba

:waits to be stoned and thrown out of the superthread:

(but really people, i'm female. and if given the pick of the litter i'd go with larry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom