Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

I've never DI'd in my life.

I mean, I listened to Ashley's playlist, but only because she knows where I live.

:tsk:

But the whole DI thing is so much fun!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I've never DI'd in my life.

I mean, I listened to Ashley's playlist, but only because she knows where I live.

EDIT: ASHLEY QUIT STALKING ME.

YOU LINKED ME TO THE THREAD!

Jesu wants you all to know that Friends Are Evil.

Axver, what songs on here would you firmly say are metal?

Axver said:

I actually rather enjoy the first two. Though going for death metal, I feel maybe the second needs to be heavier.

The fourth one absolutely cracked me up. Holy shit. That's awesome indie pretension right there.

I need to get a heavier guitar tone and a faster beat going for track 2. The riff is good, but it wouldn't kill it to be faster.

Track 3 won't be so boring when it's done, I swear.

The Jesu track isn't that terrible, most of that was transferred to the Agalloch song. It's just pretty boring, that's all.

Varitek said:
who is chass?

Don't be fooled by the male name, it's DOL.

Well, I suppose nearly male. Just every time I see it, I think of Chas Licciardello of The Chaser. And he's fucking hilarious.

Had to skip along this one, too, but the segue into the Long Distance Calling track was really well-done.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Jesu wants you all to know that Friends Are Evil.

Axver, what songs on here would you firmly say are metal?

Without any qualification:

- Agalloch
- Arcturus
- Sculptured

With qualification:

- Riverside (prog rock/metal)
- Russian Circles (post-metal)
- The Sea, Like Lead (post-metal)
- Anathema (in their transition phase out of metal)
- Jesu (drone doom, roots in metal)

And Green Carnation's a metal band, but the track is taken from their non-metal album.

I can't classify Subterranean Masquerade and you'd see what I mean if you heard their other tracks (Kind Of A Blur is a soaring orchestral track that sounds like it's by another band, for instance). I consider them avantgarde death rock, for lack of anything else more precise.

The narration on The Very Last Day absolutely kills me. This can be the theme song to An Inconvenient Truth.

Axver said:

Without any qualification:

- Agalloch
- Arcturus
- Sculptured

With qualification:

- Riverside (prog rock/metal)
- Russian Circles (post-metal)
- The Sea, Like Lead (post-metal)
- Anathema (in their transition phase out of metal)
- Jesu (drone doom, roots in metal)

And Green Carnation's a metal band, but the track is taken from their non-metal album.

What would one have to do to successfully transfer out of metal?

LemonMacPhisto said:
What would one have to do to successfully transfer out of metal?

Well, Anathema started out as one of the leading doom death bands. Then their death vocalist quit. The albums subsequent to that lead from death metal into a dark kind of alternative rock. Their latest stuff has been rather subdued atmospheric rock.

Axver said:

Well, Anathema started out as one of the leading doom death bands. Then their death vocalist quit. The albums subsequent to that lead from death metal into a dark kind of alternative rock. Their latest stuff has been rather subdued atmospheric rock.

What's the difference between regular metal and doom death? Or is that self-explanatory?

Axver said:

Don't be fooled by the male name, it's DOL.

Well, I suppose nearly male. Just every time I see it, I think of Chas Licciardello of The Chaser. And he's fucking hilarious.

i think of my friend's all boys school preppy high school friend he tells crazy awful stories about

DreamOutLoud13 said:

It's not a male name! It's short for an awful female one.

It's Chasity, and no I don't wear iron underwear.

Ahh, now that makes more sense then.

LemonMelon said:

Which link? :slant:

sorry when i typed it ax's commentary on your samples was right above it, but my internet flipped out. i wanna listen to the pretend DI stuff you made.

i am giving up on dl'ing real DI for now, my internet keeps blipping and stopping the DLs and I have to go back to the various upload sites...

LemonMacPhisto said:

What's the difference between regular metal and doom death? Or is that self-explanatory?

Doom death was an early nineties meeting of doom metal (which was started by the likes of Black Sabbath and progressively got slower and heavier) and death metal.

You can view it two ways: either death metal slowed to the speed of doom metal, or doom metal with death metal vocals.

Varitek said:

sorry when i typed it ax's commentary on your samples was right above it, but my internet flipped out. i wanna listen to the pretend DI stuff you made.

i am giving up on dl'ing real DI for now, my internet keeps blipping and stopping the DLs and I have to go back to the various upload sites...

http://www.mediafire.com/?jggjmzhbbhc

Comments, plz.

ok ax, anathema:

i'm listening to parts of judgement now, i liked emotional winter best. is this waht you were referring to by dark atmospheric rock? or is there a later album i might like better? i don't like the heavy metal songs on the album

DreamOutLoud13 said:
And NO IT'S NOT. You and Microsoft can kiss my one-T ass :angry:

The Oxford English Dictionary would like to have a word with you and your parents.

Varitek said:
ok ax, anathema:

i'm listening to parts of judgement now, i liked emotional winter best. is this waht you were referring to by dark atmospheric rock? or is there a later album i might like better? i don't like the heavy metal songs on the album

I don't think there's any metal at all on Judgement, except perhaps Pitiless.

They get softer with each subsequent album, really. I highly recommend A Fine Day To Exit. Release in particular is an awesome track.

Axver said:

Doom death was an early nineties meeting of doom metal (which was started by the likes of Black Sabbath and progressively got slower and heavier) and death metal.

You can view it two ways: either death metal slowed to the speed of doom metal, or doom metal with death metal vocals.

I'll choose choice B.

Sculptured not only opened with another sampling, but the death growls have returned. I was getting worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom