Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian Circles remind me more of Explosions and Godspeed! though. The drumming was definitely stronger on that track.

15. Mew – “Comforting Sounds” – Frengers (8:53)
What a great track and a strong closer. I used to listen to Mew, mainly And The Glass Handed Kites, but hadn't played them in ages. I'd overlooked this song. Like Delays, this was a good re-introduction.

I'm listening to some The Sea, Like Lead to get what you guys are talking about. Anticline/Syncline is very good. Twilight Of The Gods, however, is terrible.

What's with the drum machine in the Anathema track? It's not that bad apart from that.

And from earlier ...

7. Prince – “The Cross” – Sign ‘O’ The Times (4:45)
N/A - cut by phanan.

But I can listen to it anyway after the tracklist's done. Far better than the Prince songs the others have used. I sort of enjoy it. Though it's better that it's gone, as the flow is better without it.

Axver said:
And from earlier ...

7. Prince – “The Cross” – Sign ‘O’ The Times (4:45)
N/A - cut by phanan.

But I can listen to it anyway after the tracklist's done. Far better than the Prince songs the others have used. I sort of enjoy it. Though it's better that it's gone, as the flow is better without it.

It's definitely one of Prince's better tracks, but I still prefer his poppier stuff: Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, 1999, Axver's favorite song...

LemonMacPhisto said:
What's with the drum machine in the Anathema track? It's not that bad apart from that.

:huh: I can't say I ever noticed that since, you know, they have a drummer so I assume it's all him.

Axver said:

:huh: I can't say I ever noticed that since, you know, they have a drummer so I assume it's all him.

It sounded like a drum machine at the beginning, with another guy drumming too.

Hard to hear it over the shouting and guitars at 11.

All told, phanan's tracklist is absolutely phenomenal. All of it comes together and works well to create a cohesive work. The first half is probably my favourite half in the tournament. The second half has some songs that aren't my thing, but that's OK and they function well in context for sure. I enjoy this second half much better than Screwtape's second half. I give this an A and rank it the best tracklist in the game.

Y'all. I think that somewhere in this thread we crossed the line. Who pushed us over? I know it doesn't matter to you all... but it matters to me.

We're cut adrift here in OOC, but I guess we're still floating. To be honest... I think I'm only hanging on to watch my post count go up instead of down.

I really disappeared into this thread, but you all disappeared from me. I gave you guys everything you ever wanted, but apparently it wasn't what you wanted.

Now time to check out what LM recorded for the fake DI V tracklist. This is going to be great.

Axver said:
All told, phanan's tracklist is absolutely phenomenal. All of it comes together and works well to create a cohesive work. The first half is probably my favourite half in the tournament. The second half has some songs that aren't my thing, but that's OK and they function well in context for sure. I enjoy this second half much better than Screwtape's second half. I give this an A and rank it the best tracklist in the game.

I'm proud to have gotten my ass handed to me by him. :wink:

It seems like you all hate the Interferers that love you most... it's like we pass right through this thread like a ghost. They're looking for you, but your spirit is off in the air somewhere. Maybe you're nowhere...

Desperation is some kind of tender trap. It gets me every time... I put my fingers to this keyboard to stop the lie.

I've spent so much time in here that my skin is growing pale like Axver's, and I'm screaming like an angel for your attention. I feel like you're all making me watch you from above... but I think I need you guys. Like a drug or something.

LemonMelon said:

Can you give me a breakdown of which parts are meant to be which "bands"?

The first one is, frankly, really cool.

I'm sorry, but after waiting too long for the guy to clear his throat, I had to skip the Agalloch song.

It's my Tumbling Dice.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Y'all. I think that somewhere in this thread we crossed the line. Who pushed us over? I know it doesn't matter to you all... but it matters to me.

We're cut adrift here in OOC, but I guess we're still floating. To be honest... I think I'm only hanging on to watch my post count go up instead of down.

I really disappeared into this thread, but you all disappeared from me. I gave you guys everything you ever wanted, but apparently it wasn't what you wanted.

:lmao: Nicely done.

Somebody's not into the DI talk though, I take it? :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm sorry, but after waiting too long for the guy to clear his throat, I had to skip the Agalloch song.

It's my Tumbling Dice.

Psh, at least get to the "it is this grandeur that protects the spirit within" part that's sung cleanly.

Or Ravva will hurt you. :wink:

Axver said:

Can you give me a breakdown of which parts are meant to be which "bands"?

The first one is, frankly, really cool.

First track = progressive rock band Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion

Second track = death metal trio Octavium

Third track = Icelandic post-rock band Ue˜Ú

Fourth track = indie rock band Haimerej

Axver said:

Psh, at least get to the "it is this grandeur that protects the spirit within" part that's sung cleanly.

Or Ravva will hurt you. :wink:

The Arcturus track beats it by not only being hardcore, but having a piano solo and a synth section.

The subtlety of the title really helps drive this home.

You guys wear my love like a see-through dress. Your posts say one thing, your journals something else. This thread is like a screaming flower... dying every hour.

I don't know if it's fear or desire. Danger is the drug that makes my post count higher. Head in heaven, fingers glued to the keyboard.

The posts keep coming, I can't keep up. The night is bleeding like a cut. Between the horses of chatting and Desert Island we are trampled underfoot.

If Martin Phillips has Hepatitis, then the Arcturus guys have a crack addiction. That song was insane.

LemonMelon said:

First track = progressive rock band Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion

Second track = death metal trio Octavium

Third track = Icelandic post-rock band Ue˜Ú

Fourth track = indie rock band Haimerej

I actually rather enjoy the first two. Though going for death metal, I feel maybe the second needs to be heavier.

The fourth one absolutely cracked me up. Holy shit. That's awesome indie pretension right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom