Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
it's apparently enough to fuck up your typing

Mor ejust like I don't feel the need to go back anc orrect my errors at this point, which I'd normally do naturall ywhen typing. :shrug:

Axver said:
7. LCD Soundsystem – “All My Friends” – Sound Of Silver (7:37)
I'm not warming up to LCD Soundsystem. Did he just sing that "we set the controls for the heart of the sun"? I've crucified RPWL for doing that, but this fit a bit better than RPWL's over-obvious, nauseating hero worship did.

Well, I suppose this isn't really bugging me but it's not doing a whole lot over its length either.

This review of Part 2 isn't going as bad as I thought it would. :lol:

Then again, Springsteen's next. Although you might not mind this one - it's totally unique to anything he's done.

Either that, or you'll think it's worse. :wink:

My head keeps flipping back and forth between "Don't Stop Me now" and "Watch That Man". BOth of theose keep getting stuck in my head.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Triffid's song was lame as shit and didn't really fit after the last track, I thought.

This has surprised me. I thought that would be one of the most popular tracks on the list, but it hasn't done too well. I mean, Born Sandy Devotional is one of the most acclaimed Aussie albums of the eighties and this track is the opening one. Admittedly, Suicide By Star --> The Seabirds is the weakest transition in the entire list, but I think lyrically The Seabirds is fairly important to setting things up.

phanan said:

You must make lots of errors then usually. :wink:

I never learned proper typing methods fully, so I'm kind of a hybrid between corect typing and incorrect one inger typing.

Also, my right pnky finger is useless sinc eit's been broken for ten years, so I'm going with nine. It's the same reason I sturggle playing piano.

phanan said:

This review of Part 2 isn't going as bad as I thought it would. :lol:

Then again, Springsteen's next. Although you might not mind this one - it's totally unique to anything he's done.

Either that, or you'll think it's worse. :wink:

Well, here you go:

8. Bruce Springsteen – “Missing” – The Essential Bruce Springsteen (5:04)
Yeah, Springsteen doesn't do much for me. Better than that one on BIMM's list, though.

And I'll say your second half is better than Screwtape's second half so far.

phillyfan26 said:

I never learned proper typing methods fully, so I'm kind of a hybrid between corect typing and incorrect one inger typing.

Also, my right pnky finger is useless sinc eit's been broken for ten years, so I'm going with nine. It's the same reason I sturggle playing piano.

I type with just my index fingers and my left thumb. At 70 words per minute, without looking at the keyboard.

I tried to learn touch typing but I found it too slow and aggravating.

Axver said:

Well, here you go:

8. Bruce Springsteen – “Missing” – The Essential Bruce Springsteen (5:04)
Yeah, Springsteen doesn't do much for me. Better than that one on BIMM's list, though.

And I'll say your second half is better than Screwtape's second half so far.

HOw does it rank up the Bruce tarck I used?

Axver said:

This has surprised me. I thought that would be one of the most popular tracks on the list, but it hasn't done too well. I mean, Born Sandy Devotional is one of the most acclaimed Aussie albums of the eighties and this track is the opening one. Admittedly, Suicide By Star --> The Seabirds is the weakest transition in the entire list, but I think lyrically The Seabirds is fairly important to setting things up.

Oh, Okay.

Are there voices in your head, Riverside? Are they trying to distract you from your shitty metal?

phillyfan26 said:

Ten years? You can't get it fixed?

phillyfan26 said:

but you don't use that in proper typing except maybe apostrophies and shift...

and how has it been broken 10 years?

Axver said:

I type with just my index fingers and my left thumb. At 70 words per minute, without looking at the keyboard.

I tried to learn touch typing but I found it too slow and aggravating.

I use left/right index fingers
left/right middle
left/right ring

and still only manage 60-65 wpm. I blame perfectionism.

i think if i want to i can type up to 100 wpm, at least on the windows keyboard, still getting used to the mac, though i think i make fewer errors on this

learning to type properly ftw

phanan said:
Ten years? You can't get it fixed?

I should explain better. I broke it ten years ago and didn't get it fixed. It healed, but crooked, and as I grew, it got worse. Its not too noticable, but it doesn't straighten (problem: typing) and doesn't have much strenthg (prblem: piano).

Hey, Terminals guy, what's it like to sound like Robert Smith from The Cure?

Alright, despite the slower pace, I'm taking the time to type properly now. I'm fucking annoyed reading my own posts.

i will update my ipod tomorrow to see how many songs i've added tonight

this rips fast so it's already been 5-6 cds since i started

phillyfan26 said:

I should explain better. I broke it ten years ago and didn't get it fixed. It healed, but crooked, and as I grew, it got worse. Its not too noticable, but it doesn't straighten (problem: typing) and doesn't have much strenthg (prblem: piano).

I would think it could still be worked on to get it back to normal, though.

phillyfan26 said:
Alright, despite the slower pace, I'm taking the time to type properly now. I'm fucking annoyed reading my own posts.

Actually being sloshed tends to remove those nagging little thoughts.

YES!

First growl a minute into "No Place Like Home!"

This song < The Backstreet Boys track.

phanan said:
I would think it could still be worked on to get it back to normal, though.

Maybe. I've never thought of it much. My parents didn't think it was broken at the time, and didn't realize what had happened till I was about 14 and they noticed how crooked it had become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom