Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
16. Airbag – “Sounds That I Hear (Parts I & II)” – Sounds That I Hear (9:42)
One of the few bands who are really derivative but still manage to get a really good sound going. It couldn't be more obvious that they wish they were Pink Floyd, but unlike RPWL, they actually make their hero worship sound good.

phanan said:
Ah, Ax is listening to mine.

Looks like I'm in time for Part 2, which I don't think he'll like as much and therefore should bring interesting observations. :wink:

On the contrary, my good friend, those always bring the lolz.

yeah i think it'll be a novel...i could see what movies are free on demand but then i'd have to be on the couch and not in bed ready to pass out

phanan said:
Ah, Ax is listening to mine.

Looks like I'm in time for Part 2, which I don't think he'll like as much and therefore should bring interesting observations. :wink:

:lol: Yeah, on paper the first side definitely looks superior - and it was fucking awesome indeed. Great piece of work there.

1. Chemical Brothers – “Block Rockin’ Beats” – Dig Your Own Hole (5:00)
Yes, I get the hint you've got those block rockin' beats. No need to keep telling me. It's making the track a bit comical. Not so sure what to make of the music. It's ... uh, interesting? Certainly a big stylistic change from the first half.

Axver said:

Cheers. This'll be cool.

Keep in mind:

1. Production is shit right now. Sometimes intentionally, other times not. The Octavium track is so loud that it loses dynamics; really wasn't happy with how that turned out.

2. Boring drum machine is just used to keep time for now. I will do a better job of masking it and change beats around far more in the final versions.

3. Yes, many of the ideas you hear right now will make the cut. And yes, I did manage to fit in some flutes on the prog-folk parody.

phanan said:

It's a shame I had to cut the Prince song. I was so looking forward to your comments on that one. :lol:

I do intend to play it, I've just moved it to the end of the tracklist. I'm curious about it after PT covered it and Bono appeared with Prince live to play it.

2. Battles – “Atlas” – Mirrored (7:07)
I've heard plenty of good things about Battles and been meaning to check them out. This isn't quite what I expected, at least not the start. Improves around the 2:30 mark. OK, this is getting cooler. These guys are meant to be mathrock though, and I've heard plenty of better mathrock.

3. Depeche Mode – “It’s No Good” – Ultra (5:59)
I don't mind this. A bit new wavy. But it's done well and the strong, prominent vocals serve it nicely.

4. New Order – “Age Of Consent” – Power, Corruption, & Lies (5:14)
Movement is their one really worthwhile album, but things hadn't totally gone to shit by PC&L and this song is good.

Hey Pee Fan. :wave:

phanan said:
The U2 Survivor is this close to having a quintuple elimination.

Yeah, I'm still holding onto my vote. I'm in this to protect Alex Descends, which I want to win the category.

SO in the style os MIa and vazza, i'm a bit on the side of not sober tonight. Just rolled in. Yeah.

Since most of the songs are lengthy, I'll start this now.

I love Time, so that's good, but have always hated the clock chimes at the beginning.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Are you ready for my running re-assessment of your list, Axver?

I'm re-grading my stuff and figured yours would be a good start.

I'll start when you finish w/ Phanan's.

When you regrade mine, lemee know. I'd love to hear what you've to say.

RavenBlue said:
How's everyone this evening/morning/afternoon?

Pretty good, lazing around doing nothing much. Need to do some housework later, joy of joys.

Yourself?

Axver said:
5. U2 – “The Fly” – Achtung Baby (4:29)
One of U2's top 15 songs. I also don't think its mixing is as bad as PFan thinks. It leaves tracks like Zoo Station, UTEOTW, and So Cruel for dead in any case.

I agree that it kicks the shit out a those tracks. I just think it's so much better live because its last hrid isnt fucked up.

5. Ultravox – “Vienna” – Vienna (4:40)
Liam's trying to convert me to Ultravox before but didn't make too much of an impact. I'm familiar with this song. It's not too bad. Last three songs were better though.

phillyfan26 said:
SO in the style os MIa and vazza, i'm a bit on the side of not sober tonight. Just rolled in. Yeah.

:lol: This is good.

fuck reading. i just realize di'm home and i have massive amounts of space on my new hard drive: i should rip a bunch of my old cds

among my list:

billy joel's fantasies and delusions
best of aretha franklin
ben harper
dixie chicks
indigo girls
dar williams

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom