Hole of Horcum Superthread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #181
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Fun police, what's a paper plane going to do?
OH NOEZ IT COOD POKE SUMBODIEZ EYE OUT.

It seemed they were pretty lenient until one reached the pitch, at least.

I love how there've been attempts to ban the Mexican wave. Come the fuck on!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #182
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I do enjoy some Prince, although certainly not everything. He sometimes gets a bit too excessive for his own good.

But The Cross is a damn fine song. The guy can certainly rock the fuck out when he wants to. He should've done it more often.

PT did a cover of The Cross? I've never heard that. I'll have to check it out.
I absolutely could not tolerate that awful Prince song in LMP's tracklist. I think it's the worst song in the whole tournament, at least of those I've heard.

I will listen to The Cross, as I've already downloaded your tracklist and it's up next, once I'm done with LM's. If I remember correctly, the live version of it where Bono makes a guest appearance isn't bad.

And yes, PT did it! It's the final track on Tarquin's Seaweed Farm: The Cross / Hole / Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #183
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

OH NOEZ IT COOD POKE SUMBODIEZ EYE OUT.

It seemed they were pretty lenient until one reached the pitch, at least.

I love how there've been attempts to ban the Mexican wave. Come the fuck on!
I like the mexican wave at cricket.

I hate the mexican wave at Warriors games. Luckily it only happens when the rugby tag-alongs turn up, which isn't often
Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #184
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I like the mexican wave at cricket.

I hate the mexican wave at Warriors games. Luckily it only happens when the rugby tag-alongs turn up, which isn't often
The Mexican wave is a part of cricket. Killing it is just dumb.

Can't really speak for union/league as I don't go. I prefer to watch rugby on TV due to my vision. I can follow and enjoy cricket live, but rugby's not that fun for me live. Stupid fucking vision.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

The Mexican wave is a part of cricket. Killing it is just dumb.

Can't really speak for union/league as I don't go. I prefer to watch rugby on TV due to my vision. I can follow and enjoy cricket live, but rugby's not that fun for me live. Stupid fucking vision.
That sucks.

But i can't see the ball at cricket...how can you?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #186
Vocal parasite

Quote:

That sucks.

But i can't see the ball at cricket...how can you?
Binoculars!

I find trying to follow rugby with binoculars to be really shithouse though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #187
Blue Crack Supplier

Even at one day games i usually lose the ball in the crowd.

Rugby with binoculars would probably be annoying, yeah.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #188
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Even at one day games i usually lose the ball in the crowd.

Rugby with binoculars would probably be annoying, yeah.
I find the white ball isn't too hard to pick out. If it's hit up and I lose it in the crowd, I just look at the fielders in the direction it was hit and find it based on where they're running.

Oddly enough, I enjoy AFL live more than rugby. Well, as long as it's a free-flowing, high scoring game, because then it's not getting bogged down in tackles. Tackles are what fuck over rugby for me. Unless it's at just the right angle, I've got bugger all idea of what's going on even with binoculars.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #189
Blue Crack Supplier

I usually have no trouble spotting the white ball.

And who, at the best of times knows what the fuck is happen at the breakdown in rugby?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #190
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I usually have no trouble spotting the white ball.

And who, at the best of times knows what the fuck is happen at the breakdown in rugby?
The red ball fucks me up. I don't go to Tests much for that reason. I even lose it when it's just hit along the ground.

I knew you'd say something like that. I quite enjoy it when I can see on TV what's going on, who's trying to get the ball out, the forwards lining up to try to crash over in some trench warfare or the halfback aiming to clear it to the backs. But live, I lose all that, especially if it's happening down the other end of the field.

Hell, that happens in all sports for me though. The far side of the field might as well not exist.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #191
Vocal parasite

OK, done with LM's tracklist. Got a whole list of commentary to share when people who care about it are around. Now I'm listening to a couple of my own PT songs before moving onto phanan's list. I hope it sounds as brilliant as it looks on paper.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #192
Blue Crack Supplier

lol, even rugby heads on the radio don't know what's going on!

The only complaint i have with my Warriors seats is they aren't as elevated as i'd like, its still a bit awkward seeing the furthest corner.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #193
Vocal parasite

I don't get people who want to be down on the sidelines at sport. I always get the highest seat possible. The 'Gabba's highest seats are fucking AWESOME for cricket.

I need to see some cricket at the MCG. I've seen the AFL grand final there, though. Saw it in 2003 when the Lions handed Collingwood their arse on a platter.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #194
Vocal parasite

Oh shit, I just realised something. Do I listen to phanan's list or watch the Twenty20?

Ian, care to do me a favour and check cricinfo? I believe our broadcast is over 90 minutes delayed, so without giving away what the score currently is, can you tell me if it looks like a game worth watching? I mean, nobody needs to see a Twenty20 like that one earlier this year when Australia brutalised India at the G, so if it's like that I might as well just listen to phanan's list.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

I've almost got a perfect balance between sideline proximity and elevation at the Warriors.

I'd love to go to the MCG.

Tags
superthread