Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good start for Punjab, four off the first delivery. Hope they can keep it up and make a game of this.

coolian2 said:

I actually haven't been back to cricinfo so i don't know the final result either.

I think in honour of the IPL we need to get a few more Indian location Superthread titles going on.

:lol: No doubt. I was just thinking Punjab's a good name itself, "pun jab".

I bet we can find some even better ones too.

I've always liked Chittagong in Bangladesh. It's not funny but it sounds great.

coolian2 said:

Well they're on track to make 480 then!

:lol:

9 off the first over. So they've got to pick up the pace! Good non-existent God, what an ask.

Axver said:

:lol: No doubt. I was just thinking Punjab's a good name itself, "pun jab".

I bet we can find some even better ones too.

I've always liked Chittagong in Bangladesh. It's not funny but it sounds great.

I've always like Kandy in Sri Lanka too. We've been ignoring the sub-continent a bit, i think. There are some fun names in there.

coolian2 said:

I've always like Kandy in Sri Lanka too. We've been ignoring the sub-continent a bit, i think. There are some fun names in there.

Hah, yeah, that's a good one. We've been covering the UK and Australia pretty well, but certainly need to broaden our scope. Time to mine the subcontinent.

coolian2 said:

It cracks me up the 9 off the first over is "well off the pace"

Me too. What's unbelievable is that this target of 241 sounds like it's a fullblown ODI! If this kind of thing keeps up for the whole tournament, and if the second team proves able to chase it down, it will have really interesting implications for ODIs.

Axver said:

Me too. What's unbelievable is that this target of 241 sounds like it's a fullblown ODI! If this kind of thing keeps up for the whole tournament, and if the second team proves able to chase it down, it will have really interesting implications for ODIs.

I expect more 300+ scores. But most teams are scoring over 100 runs in the last 10 overs now anyway, it's just a matter of time before the time to slog slowly moves towards the 30th over...

It's not quite on the subcontinent, but one place I can't believe we haven't done yet is Bangkok.

Especially as its full ceremonial name is Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

Considering we couldn't even fit Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu properly in the subject line, our chances of getting real Bangkok in are rather low....

coolian2 said:

I expect more 300+ scores. But most teams are scoring over 100 runs in the last 10 overs now anyway, it's just a matter of time before the time to slog slowly moves towards the 30th over...

I'm starting to worry about the future of the ODI though, if Twenty20 can continue to come close to replicating its scores and force ODI batsmen to slog in a Twenty20 way.

coolian2 said:
Considering we couldn't even fit Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu properly in the subject line, our chances of getting real Bangkok in are rather low....

I just checked, and you can get in Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat R. :laugh:

Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon

Try fitting that into a haiku

Given the more widespread social use, in the English language, of the word condom, it is interesting to note that the town is located on the river Baïse; baise, without the diaeresis, is a French vulgarism for a sex act. In French language however, a condom is usually called préservatif and seldom condom. The city is a popular target for street sign stealing tourists. It is also home to a museum of famous population-control devices.

:lmao:

coolian2 said:
Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphioparaomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon

Try fitting that into a haiku

Holy non-existent God, you'd need about twenty.

By the way ...

Total Posts: 296
User Posts
coolian2 145
Axver 139
gluey 4
phanan 4
Alisaura 1
phillyfan26 1
TheQuiet1 1
the tourist 1

:ohmy: