Holding doors is a thankless job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Next time, hold the door for them, and, if you do not get a "thank you" while they are half-way through, just slam the goddamn door in their noses... :evil:

:ohmy: ... that's brutal !!

I would hold the door open if someone was right behind me as that is the "polite" thing to do ... :wink:

But whatever the circumstance, I couldn't intentionally "hurt" someone for NOT saying "thank-you" ... no matter how rude that may be !! :sad:

if i don't get a thank you these days i scream "you're welcome!!" and i walk off and really exaggerate my limp (i love it if they're older too) as i walk away.

although i can usually tell now who will and won't say anything or at least acknowledge that i did them a favour and i don't bother holding the door for certain people. i've lost count all the times a guy has let a door slam in my face when i'm literally less than a foot behind him. i remember one time i was walking in a building where there is a set of doors and then another set of doors. it was a situation like that, the guy didn't even have to go out of his way, just hesitate for a sec so i could grab the door. i forget if i said something or just huffed or what. but the second time he held the door probably more out of guilt and i just flashed him a smile and said thanks. i thought it was better to take the high road in that instance than to bitch about his rude manners. even if i didn't think the person was going to say thank you, if someone's right behind me, i will hold on a sec while they grab the door.

what i do not like though is when they don't grab the door, like i'm supposed to hold it like i'm a fucking doorman. excuse me, is this my job? i'm standing here holding it for you so you grab it, that's how 99.999999999% of people know how it works. if you're too retarded to understand that you then get the door or if you're too germphobic to touch the door, then please shoot yourself in the head or just become a hermit. (please note these flaming idiots don't have their hands full or aren't even talking on their cell phones, their hands have at most a handbag, the same as me. if i can hold a door so can they. and these people also never say thank you.)

I hold the door open for others if they're close enough to wait for or if their hands are full. Saying thank you is the polite thing to do and I'll say 'you're welcome' if I do get one and even if I don't.

If I don't hold the door open than I'm considered rude, where if I DO hold it open I get no thanks for it?

I always say thank you because, like the person holding the door, I believe in being gracious and considerate.

KhanadaRhodes said:
if i don't get a thank you these days i scream "you're welcome!!" and i walk off and really exaggerate my limp (i love it if they're older too) as i walk away.

although i can usually tell now who will and won't say anything or at least acknowledge that i did them a favour and i don't bother holding the door for certain people. i've lost count all the times a guy has let a door slam in my face when i'm literally less than a foot behind him. i remember one time i was walking in a building where there is a set of doors and then another set of doors. it was a situation like that, the guy didn't even have to go out of his way, just hesitate for a sec so i could grab the door. i forget if i said something or just huffed or what. but the second time he held the door probably more out of guilt and i just flashed him a smile and said thanks. i thought it was better to take the high road in that instance than to bitch about his rude manners. even if i didn't think the person was going to say thank you, if someone's right behind me, i will hold on a sec while they grab the door.

what i do not like though is when they don't grab the door, like i'm supposed to hold it like i'm a fucking doorman. excuse me, is this my job? i'm standing here holding it for you so you grab it, that's how 99.999999999% of people know how it works. if you're too retarded to understand that you then get the door or if you're too germphobic to touch the door, then please shoot yourself in the head or just become a hermit. (please note these flaming idiots don't have their hands full or aren't even talking on their cell phones, their hands have at most a handbag, the same as me. if i can hold a door so can they. and these people also never say thank you.)

I totally agree with you. I HATE when people just go on through without so much as a smile of thanks. Like I woke up and decided to hold the door open only for you.

GRRRRRR :mad:

Back
Top Bottom