Hockey's Trade Deadline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
Well I know I dont post in here often but it is my fav day of the year on Thursday, I dont know what it is about that day but I take the day off work, wake up at 7 am and sit on my ass all day and watch it unfold. Its reality TV at its best.

Im an Oilers fan and season ticket holder so I cant wait till we pick up the goalie that is going to give us a shot at the cup.

Dont believe me look through out lineup, minus goaltending, we are one of the best. Depth at forward, though I think a scorer might be in the cards, just on loan, but our d-men, with the addition of Tarnstrom and Spacek (which we got for NOTHING!) have made us one of the deepest at this position. And Hemsky, horcoff, stoll and torres having breakout years I think we can actually do some damage!

My picks for goalies are:

Dipietro and Parrish, we'd have to give up a good bit but it'd set us straight.

Then if not him go after in order, Cujo, Belfour or Biron. THen we'd be set for a run.

Hey, Dallas Stars season ticket holder here. Can't wait for the Oilers to pickup CuJo so we can beat him again in the playoffs.

See ya soon. :D

But if the Oilers do trade for a goalie, they should go for Biron. I think he'd be the best option for them.

Last edited:
im excited two. the blues are just 1 or 2 role players away from becoming a contender.

It should be interesting tomorrow! The Canucks do need to shake things up a bit, but I have no idea what direction we should go in. With Cloutier out and Auld having a fairly decent season, I don't know if we'll get another goalie, but I could be totally wrong. Hopefully things will go well for our guys.

Jose Theodore just got traded to the Avs for David Aebischer. :ohmy:

Chizip said:
i cant believe i spelled too as two

im so embarrassed

:giggle:

But wow. I never thought Montreal would get rid of Theo. It doesn't surprise me that they did, considering Theodore's less than spectacular performance over the past three or so years. Even so, I never thought they'd get rid of their "prized French-Canadian goalie."

No major moves for the Canucks today. However, we did pick up Sean Brown (D) and Mika Noronen (G). I've never heard of these guys before, but hopefully they'll be good additions to our team. Lord knows we need more defencemen at the moment (too many injuries right now) and a backup goalie for Auldy. :up:

SO all those talks of Jokinen moving were for nothing, as Florida signed him to a 4 year contract. Interesting that the Canes went for Recchi, I guess with the injury to Cole they need a little help up front plus Recchi has good leadership.

Samsonov to the Oilers is pretty big, I think he has the potential to do something big.

I was a little suprised that the Sens moved Bochenski, however they did need to add a number 2 center.

The biggest deal all day: the Habs got Simpson..woo that doesn't do a thing to help the Habs haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom