Hockey is back!!! 2006-2007: GO OILERS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boosterjuice

Refugee
Wow, what a short off-season. The Oilers should make it to the finals every year!

I'm really excited about this year. The Oilers have solid goaltending and a more potent offence. A much better team than we dressed at the start of last year.

I'm part of a hockey pool this year,which will make the up coming season worth to follow all season long while reading the boxscores after each morning to see how my selected players have done.

Go Habs Go!!!

:wink:

boosterjuice said:
Wow, what a short off-season. The Oilers should make it to the finals every year!

I'm really excited about this year. The Oilers have solid goaltending and a more potent offence. A much better team than we dressed at the start of last year.

Well, I guess we'll see how Roloson will handle the load for a complete 82 game season. Getting hot in the playoffs and taking your team to the finals is one thing BUT starting 55-65 games then starting every game in the playoffs is a completely different animal altogether.

And, Pronger not being there will have a bigger impact than most anticipated.

I'm getting excited for the new season, but I'm also a little nervous about Vancouver's dynamics.

The team is very different from last year, which is definitely a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing how Luongo will do, as well as the new players.

Thank god for HNIC! It's almost time for me to switch my ring tone back to the theme song! :wink:

the new season will cost me a lot of sleep. I can see games on the north american sports network NASN ( european ) thursday morning 4 pm i will see Dallas Stars @ Colorado on telly

Any star fans here ?

Looking good for my Hawks this year since pre-season is over..:hyper:

What a bad last season though...:|

cupkissau8.jpg

2007? Why not? Hopefully at least no big first round collapse this season :happy:

I'm a Habs fan so by the looks of things, I'm not holding my breath this year.

Will be interesting to see if Huet was a one-off or if he really is all that....

I can't get into hockey as much as last year - perhaps the World Cup this summer sucked all my sports enthusiasm (what a rush!) and last year's hockey season was after an absence of 2 years...

I have to agree with you there - last year I wasn't that into it thanks to the long wait in between seasons. The lockout really left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, mine included.

Going to that pre-season game a couple of weeks ago was fun, though, and reminded me why exactly I love the game in the first place.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I have to agree with you there - last year I wasn't that into it thanks to the long wait in between seasons. The lockout really left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, mine included.

Going to that pre-season game a couple of weeks ago was fun, though, and reminded me why exactly I love the game in the first place.

Actually for me the lockout did the opposite - 2 long years without hockey made me appreciate it that much more when it returned. I know viewing numbers were up last year so I think some people felt the same way.

I should have soured on it, out of principle, but alas I could not...

Last edited:
But, you live in Canada. I can see how you guys embraced it after such a long absence. We had the little laser thingy help us stupid Americans follow that little black rubber thing around the ice. And, we also have short attention spans. :lol:

I'll probably get to a few games this year. I still love my boys in red and white. :heart:

I have total mixed feelings about the lockout...As a huge fan of the NHL and with the whole lockout thing, I was of course first frustrated, sad and pissed off over the whole fight. Then for 2 years I started really missing NHL and going to games..When it came back of course I was happy...

Btw LMPA, I was at the final game in 2002 Stanley Cup play offs with the Red Wings and Hurricanes... I wanted Carolina to win ( :reject: ) because I'm a Hawks fan:wink: Chelios= :madwife:

Did Chelios come back to play for Red Wings or is he still bobsledding?

(I laughed when I first heard about the bobsledding.. It still gets to me :lmao: )

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I still say they didn't win that one fairly. :mad:

Hull was in the crease, and I can admit that. I'm still not sure about that goal, either.

But either way, it beats four straight games of bad calls. The 2006 NBA Finals come to mind.

Go Habs Go! So excited for the start. I am making a 6 1/2 drive Friday to Buffalo for the first game!!! Can't wait!

inmyplace13 said:
Hull was in the crease, and I can admit that. I'm still not sure about that goal, either.

He had control of the puck in the crease, which is one of the few exemptions from the now defunct rule. It was a goal.

If the Stars can play like they did in the 3rd period of last night's game for the remainder of the season... they will win the Cup uncontested.

It doesn't change the fact that Darryl Sydor is a complete douche. Anyone remember his infamous football helmet face guard?

:shh:

I liked the performance of Turco. he stayed cool while the rest of the dallas stars where collecting penalties.

A 3-1 win for Vancouver tonight! :happy: I only was able to see the second period, but it looks like they played fairly well. Nice to start the season off with a win! :up:

And the Islanders start off in spectacular fashion. Satan scores like 2 minutes in, and then they totally suck and lose 6-3. It's just like old times up in here.

At least Kozlov looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom