Hockey is back!!! 2006-2007: GO OILERS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats guys :applaud:

Send Toronto a card letting them know what the playoffs are like, and what it's like to earn your own spot :tsk:

p.s. that was a very pretty pump after the goal.

No spoken words said:
I could never root for the Red Sox to get into the playoffs, hard for me to understand Habs fans rooting for the Leafs to get into the playoffs. But, I cannot even begin to penetrate the deep mystery and complexity of the Canadian mindset. :)

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!!

I'm a Habs fan through and through and I'm elated that the Islanders won!

Anyone but Toronto. Goodbye John Ferguson Jr.!

If I was to root for anyone else right now it would be Ottawa. As it is it should be one heckuva playoff season!

And the Isles sneak into the playoffs and eliminate the Leafs on the strength of Wade Dubielewicz's poke check. Hilarious :lol:

Let's go Pittsburgh and Syd the Kid in the playoffs!

No spoken words said:
I could never root for the Red Sox to get into the playoffs, hard for me to understand Habs fans rooting for the Leafs to get into the playoffs. But, I cannot even begin to penetrate the deep mystery and complexity of the Canadian mindset. :)

Well, I think I've heard "Let's bring the Cup to Canada" so often that now I want Lord Stanley to come home...
the other reason I don't *mind* the Leafs is the company I keep - my bf and all his friends are huge Leafs fans.

And the rivalry between the Habs and Leafs isn't intense as it used to be - it's not similar to the Leafs-Senators rivalry that's for sure!

Anyhoo, go Sens! (I live in Ottawa, hope that's reason enough to cheer for them! ;) )

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
And the rivalry between the Habs and Leafs isn't intense as it used to be - it's not similar to the Leafs-Senators rivalry that's for sure!

I can definitely see it building after last night. It's so disappointing that both are now gone from the playoffs :(

BonoManiac said:
Goodbye John Ferguson Jr.!

Please, please, please!!! :pray:

Well, congrats to the Islanders and the Devils, what a game! I'm more pissed off at the Leafs because if they had got their shit together earlier this year and won a few more games it wouldn't have come down to this... :mad:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Oh well, better luck next year I guess... :sigh:

:banghead:

Man, my stomach dropped when Madden scored his 2nd (.9 seconds!?). It felt almost exactly like when the ball went through Buckner's legs in 86. Ugh. Luckily, the Isles were able to keep it together, but GOd knows how.

That game felt like the Devils said, "OK, we'll give them the first 55 minutes, then we'll play the last 5. Just for shits and giggles."

The Sabers seem to score at will. Ugh. But I'd much rather watch the sabers play then have to sit through a series with the boring friggin Devils. Well, at least they made it, that's something considering they were selected to finish near the bottom.

UberBeaver said:
The Sabers seem to score at will. Ugh.

:up:

Scoring and good goal tending is a lethal combination...

They're my pick for the cup this year, by far the best team in the east and probably the whole NHL for that matter...

You never know though, they're either going to go all the way or I have a feeling they might "pull a Detroit" and get eliminated in the first round. :happy:

elevated_u2_fan said:

You never know though, they're either going to go all the way or I have a feeling they might "pull a Detroit" and get eliminated in the first round. :happy:

I like where your head is at! Good thinking! And didn't Edmonton with Ryan Smyth knock them out last year?

As much as that'd be awesome, I doubt it. Buffalo is a very confident and laid back sort of team. Brier and company seem way too cool headed to let that happen.

You have me to thank for neither Montreal or Toronto making the playoffs. I cursed both teams Saturday morning for the poor play of both Koivu and Sundin costing me first place in our hockey pool by 8 points....and first, second and third place leaving me in fourth.:macdevil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom