Hit Where It Hurts...and DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why're you 'board', Kayla? :wink:

nam, sorry... got lost in that eykiw thread where you're arguing with those 00s lovers! :uhoh: :wink:

Zootlesque said:
why're you 'board', Kayla? :wink:

nam, sorry... got lost in that eykiw thread where you're arguing with those 00s lovers! :uhoh: :wink:

Feel free to post in support of me :uhoh:

:wink:

I keep trying to get a point across but people are putting words in my mouth and it's making it more difficult for me to accurately verbalize what I'm trying to say. Did you by any chance 'get' what I was trying to say?

^^ I'm so tired of that same old argument! Nobody's ever gonna change their opinions anyway! :sigh: :shrug:

umm... yeah, I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how you're relating their lack of genuine effort on the last 2 records to the money they're making.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
^ I'm so tired of that same old argument! Nobody's ever gonna change their opinions anyway! :sigh: :shrug:

Oh I'm not expecting to change anyone's minds. I just hate it when people take my words, twist them around, and than put them back in my mouth.

Zootlesque said:
^^ I'm so tired of that same old argument! Nobody's ever gonna change their opinions anyway! :sigh: :shrug:

umm... yeah, I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how you're relating their lack of genuine effort on the last 2 records to the money they're making.

I'm not. I don't care how much money they make. I was just making a point about how U2 saved up all that artistic and fanbase capital they earned with ATYCLB and Elevation, to point where they had gotten back whatever they thought they'd lost, and to a point where they could do anything they wanted to do, and yet they still seemed as cautious and timid as they've ever been about pushing the envelope, so-to-speak. And the whole thing in that thread was started by a Larry quote from right after ZooTV where he said it was an investment in the future of their art and music...as it turned out, they used the artistic and fanbase capital earned from Achtung and ZooTV to make Pop and develop Popmart, pushing the envelope even more. They used the artistic capital from ATYCLB and Elevation to make Bomb and develop Vertigo. Not exactly pushing the envelope, imo. But you've heard this all before.

^ ah, I see what you're saying! :wink:

... and the other camp is doing the 'so you don't like the music on the last album... doesn't mean it's no good' thing! Same shit different day! :sigh:

^^ C'mere love_u2_adam... :hug:

:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom