Hit me with some new bands!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
There are just so many "new" bands around these days, that find it difficult to pick out the "good" ones without actually buying all their stinking albums or downloading all their songs first. For instance, there's a lot of talk on this board about The Killers (who I acctually don't care much for) Snow Patrol, The Doves, etc..

So, let's talk new music. Steer me in the right direction. I just really want to find a fresh band or two that I can really get behind. You know what I mean?:wink:

~Lance

Ever hear The Velvet Teen? They're brilliant. They put out an EP in 01, a record in 02, and another in 04. Good stuff. I can email you my fav tracks.

Last edited:
i can point you in a punk sort of direction if you'd like.

in jersey, you should really be familiar with the excellent sounds of the hudon falcons.

www.hudsonfalcons.com

I sent you:

Naked Girl from the Great Beast February EP

Four Story Tantrum from the Out Of The Fierce Parade album

Forlorn from the Elysium album

they all sound very different. 19 yr olds from Oregon. Good live as well. Enjoy.

Holy shit Brau. That sounds fantastic. This is exactly the thing I've been looking for. I'm gonna pick up their records as soon as I can.

Lancemc said:
Holy shit Brau. That sounds fantastic. This is exactly the thing I've been looking for. I'm gonna pick up their records as soon as I can.

They're really nice guys as well, and so damn young. I think they broke up cause the drummer had a brain tumor. But, I might be wrong.

The Velvet TEEN is GOOD!!!

I like Andrew Bird as well

Mars Volta as well

Magnolia Electric Co formally known as Songs:Ohia

I just read a review of the Isidore disc, and although I don't normally take much stock in reviews, I found part of this one interesting.

It’s difficult to make comparisons to other music, but I have to give you some kind of reference point. I have to give many reference points, because there isn’t one distinct sound. If you like any of the following then you’ll probably love this band: James, U2, David Bowie, The Tragically Hip, The Cowboy Junkies, The Doors, The Postal Service, Oasis, Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, and Depeche Mode all come to mind.
Isidore really has such a unique sound though that these
comparisons don’t do the music justice.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I really get these sounds from Isidore (which I do utterly adore, btw), but perhaps others will. If you'd like to check it out, you can stream the entire album from the isi site at:
Isidore

AtomicBono said:
I'm really into Bloc Party and Muse right now. Both are British bands.

Bloc Party were playing in Virgin in London while I was there, I wanted to get tickets to see them but never got round to it.

I really like a singer called KT Tunstall at the moment, I really think she'll be huge this year. I heard some of her songs a few weeks ago and was really impressed. Embrace are another band I've currently got really into again.

Lara Mullen said:

I really like a singer called KT Tunstall at the moment, I really think she'll be huge this year.

I've listened to her album a couple of times, but haven't really been able to get into it. I'll have to give it another shot.

Originally posted by Down Under For me “new bands”, great in Australia but the Americans would not have heard of them.

I love the Sleepy Jackson (and I'm American! :p)....can't understand why they're not more popular.

AtomicBono said:
I'm really into Bloc Party and Muse right now. Both are British bands.

Muse are GREAT! :drool:
I love all their songs. Just ALL. The B-sides also... Like U2! :wink:
I recommend them to all of you. The singer has some amazing vocal abilities! (and he's the guitarist also)
Their last album is Absolution, although Origin Of Symmetry and Showbiz are slightly better.

Try them. You won't be sorry! :wink:

The Kaiser Chiefs are good. I also really like The Caesars right now too - I can't recommend them enough.

Amusement Parks On Fire are also an excellent band - pretty new on the scene.

Last edited:
meegannie said:

I love the Sleepy Jackson (and I'm American! :p)....can't understand why they're not more popular.

American, too, and I've listened to some of their songs. When I first heard of them (must have been over a year ago, by now) I thought they were going to be huge, too. But I'm usually wrong, anyway. :wink:

Jack In The Box said:

they aren't new, but yes, they are excellent :up:

I know they are not new,, Been following them since they started out.. But to some they could be a new experience :wink:

Just Jack-Not rock but kinda R & B to me.

John Fogetry-Released a new album even though he is not new. I love his new album!;)

Back
Top Bottom