Hiking in SoCal - my latest hobby ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Not sure how many other Southern Californians are in this forum...
but I've recently discovered that there are some REALLY great places to go hiking locally.

My post and pics from yesterdays hike: http://plot180.net/taol/archives/00000069.php

Its a great way to get away from everything and appreciate nature at the same time, not to mention fun to do with friends
smile.gif

If anyone is local and ever wants to join up on our hikes just let me know. As they say.. the more the merrier.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

I love hiking, one of my favorite things to do when i go up north. Great pics, Elvis!

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

When I lived in L.A. I started hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains, and one day on a trail a movie star went by (will keep the name secret!), just the two of us on the trail! Look out for snakes! And there were large things that would make noises in the brush, and that was always scary. I went to the Temescal Canyon trails, where when you go to the top you are over the Pacific Ocean, it is just wonderful, and there is a creek that runs through it, and at the top benches. And the trails at Will Rogers State Park where his house is are wonderful.

Originally posted by erper:
i live in orange county, ca

looks like u were north of LA ?

there's always Silverado Canyon in orange county as well

[This message has been edited by erper (edited 03-17-2002).]

Nope.. I was right outside of Lake Forest - south OC.

There are tons of great hiking spots down here
smile.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

Elvis! I need your reccomendations. I go hiking just about every weekend, although, lately it's been the same 10 mile hike from Newbury Park down to Sycamore Cove in Malibu. It's GREAT! I'm definately North of LA, but do you have any other good suggestions?

if you're in Orange County, definitely go to Wood Canyon and walk the trails to "top of the world" where you are over the ocean also. Wood Canyon is full of animals of all kinds also. It's at Aliso Creek and Alicia Parkway in Laguna Niguel. Weekdays are better as there are mountain bikers galore on weekends, but it's probably one of the best and most scenic parks/trails completely natural you could go on.

I'm going to Corona Del Mar in Orange County on Thursday for Spring Break. Maybe I'll do a bit of hiking...

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

I'm from Studio City, located in the God Forsaken san fernando valley.
Havent been hiking in ages, i used to live in the worst part of the valley, which doesnt even have any trees, let alone nice areas for hiking.
Saw some awesome forests on the east coast though
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom