high school egg babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Did you have an egg baby in high school?

• Yes, I had to raise an egg

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • No, but we had those screaming fake babies

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No, they gave us real babies

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I had no baby-related assignment

Votes: 27 65.9%

• Total voters

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
My husband and I were watching TV last night, and in the episode, the students had to take home eggs to learn about the responsibilities of parenthood, blah blah blah. My husband commented it was weird that Americans have to do that in school, and it dawned on me that I don't think I've ever actually known anyone who DID have to do that, yet it happens on virtually every American TV series involving high school students.

So. Did any of you have take-home egg babies?

yea i had to do that in my health class when i was in high school... but they don't use eggs anymore. they use those, as you put them, screaming baby doll things.

i coach basketball in my old high school now, and i'll tell ya... when it's time to do the baby thing, it always makes for interesting practices, seeing as you can't leave the baby in the locker room or anything like you could with the egg.. ya gotta keep 'em with you at all times because ya never know when that damned crying alarm is gonna go off. so anyone who's injured and/or the team manager "babysits" durring practice.

In my high school, a child psychology class did that. I didn't take it, but during the same time every year, some kids would be carrying their little baskets everywhere they went.

I guess it was to learn how fragile kids are? :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea i had to do that in my health class when i was in high school... but they don't use eggs anymore. they use those, as you put them, screaming baby doll things.

We have those too. :crack:

We should stick this into the Buffy thread - the one where the eggs they are given turn out to be mind controling parasite demons.

I never took this class, but I knew people who did. They had to lug around a 5lb. sack of flour.
How this is baby-like, I'm not sure...

A_Wanderer said:
We should stick this into the Buffy thread - the one where the eggs they are given turn out to be mind controling parasite demons.

That's what I was watching. :laugh:

Maybe we just didn't do this when I was in high school because in Kentucky you're expected to be married and have your first two kids by the age of 16... :shrug:

I had to do the fake screaming baby assignment for health class last year, Oh my God, it was pure hell. I know it was going to scream like three tiems during the night, so i barely got to sleep, just waiting for it to scream. It sucked so hard. Then on the bus the next morning just when it pulled up to school it started crying, so I had to run all the way through the school with this loud obnoxious hunk or plstic and metal in my arms....how embarassing.

i chopped off my nuts the next day. ;)

I had a screaming fake baby. The class I was in was the first to get to test them. It started screaming during my math test, and I had to leave the room...I lost time off my test. :mad:

Then it started screaming while I was peeing between classes...so I was stuck because I had to hold the key in the damn baby, and I couldn't get my pants up, so I was late for class. :mad:

That lovely mental image has been brought to you by Bonochick! :wink:

shees
how lame is raising an egg?
just lock him in some drawer

i must say i like this eggthread better than the last one

We did this in junior high. In seventh grade I had an egg baby for two weeks for extra credit. In eighth grade I had the flour sack baby, that was a project for the entire class.

I never had to do that...but I did have a real baby not long after high school so maybe I should have :reject:

I had egg twins - unfortunatley one of my eggs fell and cracked - very traumatic. Perhaps one of the reasons that I do not have children yet

We had the five pound sack of flour in my high school. By the time it got to be my turn to take the class, enough flour babies had been dropped in the halls, breaking open and flouring the lockers, that they evolved into 5 pound sacks of sugar. It was definitely one of those projects that looks more fun than it is. I took public transportation home from school, and when the weirdo with the wool hat that says FRENCH FRIES all over it is looking at you funny, you know you look like a goofball.

I went on a skating trip in the middle of the project and though I promised to take my sugar baby with me, he stayed alone on my bedroom floor for four days. :badparent:

No such assignment. Thank God, sounds incredibly stupid to me.

i didn't do this in high school. it was one of the choices for electives though. i don't remember the name of the class but it was something about parenthood. they got the crying babies. luckily no one in any of my classes ever had one. :|

There was a child development class at my high school who did the fake babies thing, but it was an elective class so not many people did it.

Back
Top Bottom