high and dry (live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
um, after downloading this song last night, i cannot figure out why they dont play this song live anymore. i mean i know creep and the whole story with that, but why not this one!?

its huge! i highly recommend any who are slightly interested to find a live version of this song and download it immediately. its a great great song.

------------------
-deathbear

Yes.. very very cool. And seeing as its one of my favorite Radiohead songs I must say the live version kicks major ass.

they don't play "sulk" anymore either, which aggravates the hell out of me

mrs. clayton, they didn't play "creep" for several years but softened and performed it towards the end of the Amnesiac Tour (didn't play it because people tried to write them off as one-hit-wonders after its enormous success and no really successful follow-up single from the 1st album)

i dont get them not playing sulk either. that song totally kicks ass, have you ever heard them play it live? id like to get my hands on an mp3 of that one day.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

mrs. clayton, they didn't play "creep" for several years but softened and performed it towards the end of the Amnesiac Tour (didn't play it because people tried to write them off as one-hit-wonders after its enormous success and no really successful follow-up single from the 1st album)

Thank you(I should have known it would have been an easy answer)

i can't find one of "sulk" at all, I once started downloading an mp3 of it live from wherever and I got about the first 30 secs of it and then that was it, i could never get re-connected to the user who had it on audiogalaxy or wherever it was, and the sound quality was so bad I didnt think much to try and track it down anyway, but it was definitely sulk probably during the baby's got the mercedes benz tour

I am enraged that they played an early song like "lurgee" during the past tour but not songs like "high and dry" or "sulk," not that "lurgee" is a bad song or anything, and they played "killer cars" too, strange...

i think i read somewhere that they dont play high and dry cause its so boring to play.

does everything need to be rip-roaring and exciting!?!?

i want sulk. i want surprise songs from every show, and i want the songs that i like most played the most often. cause i said so.

------------------
-deathbear

I've heard that the band collectively (but especially Thom) think Sulk is one of their worst songs...they're almost embarrassed by it. Weird...it's almost my favorite song on the Bends. I think Thom just winces at some of the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom