Hide Mr Parker-Bowles, Quick, Hide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sallycinnamon78 said:

Hey! Thatb pic is s an insult to the poor horse!:lol:

What amazes me is how pious the Anglican Church can be. .......

When we were picking a place to get married, I went to a C of E church in the area and asked about how to organise a wedding. in the initial (we never got beyond initial 'pleasantries') the dude piped up "so what denominationa re you both?" My dad is C of E, mum is Catholic. Husband's mum was C of E and dad was Catholic. He nearly choked at this and said "to expect this church to marry you is ludicrous." Er....ok. :uhoh:
The Catholic priest was even worse though. He called me a sinner and hung up on me (I was too scared after Father Arsemaster to go visit the next one, I rang instead lol). Arsehole.

My friend who is also a pom (australia - home of second hand poms) reckons that public Town Halls in England can't be hired out privately and therefore this wedding is technically open to anyone who wants to gatecrash. I asked her if they'll do the usual "Does anyone present object to this union" speech, to find half of England drop their cups of tea to declare why it shouldn't go ahead.
:lol:

sallycinnamon78 said:
But out of interest - what do you believe wereHenry VIII's motives for establishing the C of E ?

Dynastic politics. In those days they felt safer with a male heir, and Catherine of Aragon had given birth to a girl. Anne ended up with her head on a chopping block after she also gave birth to a girl, and then poor Jane Seymour had to pay with her life for giving Henry a male heir. So he absolutely had to divorce Catherine, no matter what the pope said. Thus he had to get papal authority out of the country.

This wedding is going to be seriously bizarre. I'll think I will have to watch it.

Is Fergie invited? :hyper:

What about Sir Les Paterson? :hyper:

Les.JPG

Charles and Camilla brushed aside the row and jointly hosted a reception at Clarence House for Australians and New Zealanders working in the UK. Charles is to travel on Sunday to Perth in Western Australia, stopping in tsunami-hit Sri Lanka.

:shifty:

Charles and Camilla brushed aside the row and jointly hosted a reception at Clarence House for Australians and New Zealanders working in the UK. Charles is to travel on Sunday to Perth in Western Australia, stopping in tsunami-hit Sri Lanka.

Yep, he will be in Freo on Tuesday checking out lobsters. I have it straight from the lobsters mouth!

Back
Top Bottom