hidden tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
piss me off.

nothing to do with the quality of the songs (quite a lot are good), but it's bloody annoying waiting anywhere from two to twenty minutes before anything else kicks in.

Fuck yes. Particularly when its an actual song...if its just a curiosity like the Zooropa alarm or the Urban Hymns baby interlude I can accept it as 'Art' but otherwise its just irritating.

Hide something off the liner notes or the tracklist but for the love of commonsense please index it on the cd.

Last edited:
I can't even figure out how to access the hidden track on one of my CDs...there's supposed to be some secret way to access it.

:rant:

If it's not mentioned on the liner notes or track listing it must be worth it.

:up:

Last edited:
i totally agree! for example, there was U2's greatest hits 80-90 had like two minutes of dead space in between aiwiy and october. it's so annoying, because sometimes it's not even an even amount of time, and i don't see why you have to do two minutes' space anyway if thirty seconds will do, if you insist on putting space between the songs.

however, i can think of one off the top of my head, alanis' jagged little pill, where the hidden track was an actual song (iirc that is). feel free not to include the track on the song listing, but at least make it its own song, so you don't have to either sit there forever have be scared shitless (admit it, don't you jump when the song finally does start?) or have to sit and fast forward, wondering if you should be doing that to your cd?

I like the orcehstra thing at the end of kida...I find it and the pause very appropiate

on one of better than ezra's albums (i think it's friction baby) there's a track hiding in some wierd place that you can't get to unless you start up the second track and hit 'search back' or something...it goes into negative time and you have to run it back 2 and a half minutes or something to hear the whole thing :down:

p.s. yertle, atarisrawkchick2003 is offically dead. the new rancid thread, page 2. how was i to know that not even ataris fans like the ataris?

i'd like the pair of duckses too if they made a bit more sense...

...and if they weren't so convinced that the new rancid album sucks without even hearing it :shiftY:

i believe the first album that had ahidden track at the end of the disk space was 'bang' from the excellent one man band world party (ex-waterboys). that album is from 1993 and in those days it was quite unique and in someway actually daring. but nowadays, come on, its only annoying as hell. just put the damn track as the last track :angry:

oh and about my statement that bang is the first album to have one hidden track at the end; please prove me wrong if i am. :wink:

Nirvana - Nevermind (1991)
10 minutes after Something In The Way a new "song" starts: Endless Nameless

And I'm sure there are also countless other 'hidden' tracks before that one.

What about the end of Sgt. Pepper's? Is that also a hidden track?

Oh, and one of the Monty Python records even had a whole hidden side (back in the vinyl days)!

C ya!

Marty

(edited to add that Nevermind was released in 1991)

Didn't the original vinyl release of Boy have a short instrumental track hidden after the album ended?That was back in 1980!!!!! I'm pretty sure I downloaded this a few years back. Anyone else hear of this?

AFI's newest album had not one, but 2 hidden songs.

Normally I would be ok with the idea of more bang for the buck, but I hate having to fast forward over 5 mins of dead space to get to what I want to hear. Just put it in the track listing people, please.

It's a ploy to make you think you've got more for your money. It probably started out as a fun thing to do, but those good old marketing boys and girls will have jumped on the gravy train :madspit:

Cynical I know, but true.

IWasBored said:
on one of better than ezra's albums (i think it's friction baby) there's a track hiding in some wierd place that you can't get to unless you start up the second track and hit 'search back' or something...it goes into negative time and you have to run it back 2 and a half minutes or something to hear the whole thing :down:

i have a very amusing and quite :censored: story behind that hidden track. i won't disclose the details but it did freak my ex and i out one night. :lol::sexywink:

u2popmofo said:
Normally I would be ok with the idea of more bang for the buck, but I hate having to fast forward over 5 mins of dead space to get to what I want to hear. Just put it in the track listing people, please.

IIRC, Nine Inch Nails had a special thing done with the bonus track on their Broken and/or Fixed EP (don't know which one exactly). That song was indexed... as number 99! So after the 8 or 10 'regular' songs the CD would go on with track 11, 12, 13 ... 98 where each track was 1 or 2 seconds of silence until it reached #99. Talk about bang for the buck, 99 songs!

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Nate Dogg, at the end of Boy (on vinyl) there is indeed a small piece of music. I've got the vinyl album and it's on it.

Back
Top Bottom