Hidalgo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
I cannot wait to see this movie...the reviews have been so-so but all say Viggo is great. :hyper:

Did anyone make it opening day? I will be jealous if you did.

I cannnot believe you did not go to the first showing on the opening day AvsHooch!!

u2popmofo said:
I cannnot believe you did not go to the first showing on the opening day AvsHooch!!

I had to work. :(

You'd think Viggo would have showed up to rescue me and take me to see his film, but nooooo!

You'd think Viggo would have showed up to rescue me and take me to see his film, but nooooo!

tell him i'm very dissappointed in him for not doing that :tsk:

I guess I'd say overall I liked it, enjoyable escapist movie in spite of its' flaws. If you don't overanalyze it it's fun, and there are some funny moments too. It's also based on a true story (loosely..I guess there is some controversy about the real guy, the race, etc.).

The aspect of it that I liked the most was his relationship w/ the horse. If you're an animal lover at all, it will make you cry (oh well, I did :wink: ).

I didn't care for the stereotypes of the Arabic characters, Disney tends to do that :|

I thought Viggo played the part beautifully, and of course two plus hours of looking at him ain't bad. He looks good even when he's filthy and covered in mud. :D

i may get to see it...in like five months or so if it comes to the one theatre in the country. lol.

:(

My family had free passes to see it premeir right downt he street from us. But unfortunately, had we gotten in, it would have been soo very uncomfortably crowded. Unless I'm next to a hottie, I'd rather have some spacee next to me in movie theaters

IWB its not really a western movie although it does have to do with horsies. It's about a 3,000 mile horse race across the desert. s'posed to based on a true story

I finally saw this darn movie.

I think if they'd trimmed it down a bit, it would have been better, but I still liked it. :up: What a gorgeous horse...oh and Viggo was really hot too. :wink:

And it was really nice to see Omar Sharif on screen again--I still love his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom