Hhhhhhhhhockeeeeeeey!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly7

The Fly
52609670_10-lg.jpg

WAY TO GO UNIVERSITY OF DENVER PIONEERS!

2005 NCAA National Champions.

Ahhhhh, even when the Avs aren't a go, Colorado is still home to the best hockey in the US...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what is this hockey of which you speak?

We're talking about the NCAA Frozen Four! The National Championship! The best collegiate teams in the country! The best players in North America who aren't good enough to go to the NHL

It's the best hockey in this neck of the woods at the moment...

It has something to do with flying around on broomsticks and putting a ball through an elevated hoop. There's also something about a Golden Snitch in there.

Field hockey:

Game played on field similar size to soccer pitch. Eleven players on each team, only ONE (yes only one) of which is padded (the goalkeeper). Played with round ball, approximately size and weight of cricket ball. Players allowed to hit, push and "dribble" ball with only one side of stick (yes only one). Played out doors in winter.

Current Olympic Champs - Australia's Mens Hockey Team (the Kookaburras), Australian Women's Hockey Team (the Hockeyroos) won gold three times out of the last four (I think, may be out of last five).

Congrats to U of Denver :)

I didn't even look to see who won the CIAUs this year for hockey (Cdn University championships) - anyone know?

Who else would love to see the NCAA champ play the CIAU champ? I think it'd be pretty cool - not to mention furthering the Canada/USA hockey rivalry (Not that it needs to be furthered much, given what happens every year in the mens' and womens' worlds :wink: )

Drea said:
Who else would love to see the NCAA champ play the CIAU champ?

Count me in!!! That'd be great to see...

Did you see the US women's team beat Canada for the gold at the World's recently???

Not that Canada doesn't win everything else, but hey, maybe it's a sign of things to come...

TheFly7 said:

Count me in!!! That'd be great to see...

Did you see the US women's team beat Canada for the gold at the World's recently???

:grumpy: *mutter* *curse* No I hadn't. Should've known the steamrolling they were doing to everyone else would come back to haunt them (and we need a "grrr" smiley :wink:)

TheFly7 said:

Not that Canada doesn't win everything else, but hey, maybe it's a sign of things to come...

The two teams will forever exchange victories, just as they have alternated the last two olympic golds.

And for the record, the best hockey going right now is the CHL playoffs... Memorial Cup style.

I was at the WCHA Tournament. The NCAA Frozen Four felt like DeJa Vu.

Yeah, sorry I'm so late posting in this thread. :whistle:

I was watching Russia play against Finland in the IHWC and they played Elevation everytime a goal was scored.

huge game today...i'm going for the hype, i want rimouski to win.

that'd make for an awesome match between the oceanic and knights. :up:

Even though they put out my beloved Mooseheads, I gotta cheer on local boy (and step-cousin) Sidney Crosby.

Go 'Nics Go! :up:

PS: 2-2 halfway through the first.

Indeed, the Oceanic simply wanted it less than London.

I like London though, they weren't showy, and worked VERY hard to get what they did. And now they'll go down in history as one of the best teams in Canadian junior hockey, if not the best. :)

Back
Top Bottom